Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • This corner.. (enduro heckling content)
  • darrenspink
    Free Member

[video]https://youtu.be/hgkzfg04VEU[/video]

Northwind

That’s brilliant, I love the silent bit. 1:20 makes no sense.

chiefgrooveguru

Awesome.

yunki
    Free Member

the silent bit is amaaaaaazing 😀

darrenspink
    Free Member

Imagine being given the ‘Donkey horn’, the shame.

1.20..filmed backwards or strange new technique?

Silent bit is pure class.

jimjam
    Free Member

yunki – Member

the silent bit is amaaaaaazing

Northwind – Member

That’s brilliant, I love the silent bit. 1:20 makes no sense.

It makes sense if you realise they are mimicking the crowd in this video from 2011. Like very wacky heckle since.

darrenspink
    Free Member

It makes sense if you realise they are mimicking the crowd in this video from 2011. Like very wacky heckle since.

No, he means the guy going backwards just after 1:20.

jimjam
    Free Member

Ah right.

Northwind

Yeah, the guy who reverses through the corner then seems to turn himself around by crashing, and rides off.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Hilarious, thanks for that.

Glad to see humour alive 😆

RoterStern
    Free Member

That takes me back to a SAMS race way back when at Aston Hill. There was a steep descent with a 90 degree dropped turn which was slippery as hell when wet. This was the place the hecklers gathered. On the first lap some ****t blasted me right in the ear with an airhorn in the ensuing carnage as everyone was trying to get down the drop first. My ears were ringing the entire lap. On the second lap I decided not to make the turn and rode straight into the guy with the airhorn sending him tumbling backwards down the hillside. Got a huge cheer and needless to say he didn’t try it again with me on the last lap!

darrenspink
    Free Member

Theres heckling and then theres being a t#@t, sounds like you did the right thing there

maxtorque

[video]http://vimeo.com/93234476[/video]

^^^^ AH when wet! 😉

(and yes, it’s a lot steeper than the video makes it look)

njee20
    Free Member

The guy riding backward round the corner is brilliant!

mcnultycop

The bit where 4 turn up at once, is that normal for Enduro?

Northwind

Nah, very uncommon ime- you set off at intervals so to get 4 people at the same time is a big combination of people going at very different speeds. Not uncommon to catch or be caught , especially with crashes and mistakes but I can only think of a couple of times I’ve seen 3 or 4 together out of dozens of races.

Kahurangi

I haven’t watched the video (in rural Nepal I don’t have much data on my phone) but from a quick look at the video start screen, I looks like the track might be from the Rotorua EWS on Kutore (aka ‘cutties’? Takes you from the top of the natives to the lake?). Sick, sick track. Not surprising that folk are getting caught and bunching up. Really hard, death by roots on steep rutted corners. It was hard enough riding near the back of a group of 20, would be silly hard in a bug race! So much fun 🙂

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘This corner.. (enduro heckling content)’ is closed to new replies.