Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • This caught my eye yesterday….
  • redthunder
    Free Member

I dont want a motorbike again but…

VFR400r

TheDBF
    Free Member

Looks a shed to me

redthunder
    Free Member

Not that in particular. But I agree a bit VIM on the one above wouldn't hurt.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    StuMcGroo
    Free Member

a 20 year old japanese import 400cc vfour, i'd stick to just taking photos!

Alex

I had a imported VFR400RR. It was unbelievable fun on the track. Not entirely practical, but who cares. I'd have another if I wasn't absolutely sure I'd kill myself this time.

Chrismc1
    Free Member

I had a VFR NC30 for my first bike, sold it to my up to my gsxr 600. Wish I still had it 😥

snaps
    Free Member

Mmmm got to love gear driven cams – mine makes a nice whiring noise when reving

Hornet600
    Free Member

Mmmhhh VTR SP1

qwerty
    Free Member

retro sports bike?

BRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAPP!!!!!

or

BBRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAPPP!!!

shoei
    Free Member

Loved my NC30. Downgraded from a VTR1000F with modified suspension to the NC30 in the hope it would slow me down. Nope ended up going faster. Great fun with the 60mph 1st gear and 14k redline. Needed very sticky tyres to get best out of the handling. Superb for hassling bigger bikes though. Running on V power unleaded or BP ultimate helped

Northwind

Shame the ancientness of the tech shows them up a little these days- a VFR400RR is heavier than most modern 600s, and though the chassis's great the suspension's not up to modern spec either. My benchmark's pretty high but I've never been that impressed by their handling, especially since so many of them are totally ****ed. I reckon my mate's RVF had the original fork oil in it when I opened them up.

Incredibly pretty though. And it's good fun to ride a bike with limitations like these, especially since 600s are so stupidly fast now but the legend's outgrown the reality tbh, not helped by bike journos with midlife crises.

But, imagine what they could do in the 400 class now… 150 kilos and an engine you can use without instantly losing your licence, modern forks frame and tyres… Oh yes.

juiced
    Free Member

Love that Top Honda ( the retro one). Vrrrrm. 😆
    Always liked that rear wheel design.

Kojaklollipop
    Free Member

Blimey … this takes me back 20 years!

I had the one before the NC30, the NC28 I think, didn't have the single-sided rear swingarm but had that lovely V4, sounded like an electric drill on steroids revving that up, pocket rocket, superb!

Got a Transalp after that, another lovely 600 V-Twin, loads of torque … twist the throttle and the whole bike seemed to lift up and accelerate forwards.

😀

aka_Gilo
    Free Member

That RC30 pic has me drooling – bestest looking sports bike ever.

Had a VFR750F for years, not a full on sports bike but that V4 burble (especially with an unbaffled race can) was addictive….

aka_Gilo
    Free Member

My old VFR:

Bigface0_0
    Free Member

Go for a ZXR400 you cant go wrong 8)

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘This caught my eye yesterday….’ is closed to new replies.