Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • This can't be right….Shirley?
  • stevenieve
    Free Member

Browsing on eBay for a new carbon Nomad.
    After a large in white, only black in medium in stock.
    Find one with a ‘buy it now’ price of £1500, £17 for postage from Fife.
    Good seller rating over last year.
    Can’t get through on phone number but left an email.
    Not bad for a bike that retails at £2500

z1ppy

Don’t call me ******!

… hmmmm I think “too cheap to be true” applies here, I wish you luck if you want to take a punt, but I wouldn’t.

MentalMickey
    Free Member

I don’t see why it should necessarily be a scam? Sometimes you do see very good sale prices on items when they need to clear out stock, especially when they only have 1 size left.

Although I am surprised (sceptical even) that 1 size left happens to be medium, which lets face it, is probably the most universal popular frame size of all time, how tall are you? I’m 5’7”, you want a medium then, how tall are you? I’m 5’11”, you want a medium then, you are 6’2”? and ride a large I presume? No, a medium..etc.. 🙂

stevenieve
    Free Member

£1500 is still a lot of money to take a punt on a frame that I will have no comeback on.
    Would Santa Cruz warranty a frame from unauthorised retailer?
    Curious to see if email returned

MentalMickey
    Free Member

I’m curious about why you can’t get through on the phone number, how many times you tried? Was it engaged? Ringing out? Answer machine message with Nigerian accent? 🙂

jimjam
    Free Member

Probably some guy with a dodgy connection in the bike trade judging by his other items. Could have bought a complete bike at trade price and stripped it and is punting on the frame, or someone else did and that’s how he got the frame.

For that kind of money I’d be going on a road trip. If I wanted a nomad carbon. But I don’t. Not really.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘This can't be right….Shirley?’ is closed to new replies.