Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • This bike race in that London
  • butcher

I was watching BBC News 24 this morning and they ran a report on the race with a reporter on site.

Interviewer: ‘Cycling has become very important in Britain now, hasn’t it?

Reporter: [Some speil about Boris Johnson wanting London to be a cycling paradise] Followed by, ‘Obviously motorists are not very happy about this event…

Was that really necessarry? They don’t feel the need to insinuate any conflict between sporting particpants and motorists when that there London Marathon is on, so why do it when it’s the cycling equivalent?

Now they seem to be talking about it again on the live feed.

Bunch of bum faces.

acehtn
    Free Member

Just flipped on to this on telly, pro race is around the 200km left to go mark.

Bit put out, the telly guide says an event that allows professionals and amateurs the chance to race on Londons road, did all the fixie brakeless hipsters get a blinding start ? but stop at the first coffee shop 🙂 and not one pro has a big D-lock to ward off close contact with cars or bike muggers, and no Boris bikes on track (yet)

Still it’s cycling on telly on a wet sunday 🙂

core

Another reference to motorists as the elite peloton went through richmond park – “very popular area for groups of cyclists, not great for motorists though, speed limit is 20mph which is the sweet spot for road cyclists”.

So 20mph limit, bikes doing 20mph, what problem………….

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    butcher

and no Boris bikes on track (yet)

I’m sure they said Boris was in it, so let’s hope he’s riding one!

Brother_Will
    Free Member

Fair play to any one who can do the lot on a Boris bike!

uselesshippy
    Free Member

Some guy did the dunwich dynamo on a boris bike. 😯

MrSmith
    Free Member

Standard BBC cycling stance. When the nationals were held in Scotland the main angle was “severe disruption for traffic” not a new national champion. Something that would be celebrated in mainland Europe.

crazy-legs

I’m sure they said Boris was in it, so let’s hope he’s riding one!

He was on some hybrid and he was wearing a piss-pot helmet with his hair sticking out underneath and a blue cotton t-shirt. 😉

Hats off to Boris for doing it though, can’t see many politicians doing that.

Some guy did the dunwich dynamo on a boris bike. 😯

Some guy did LEJOG on one last year – came to some arrangement with TfL so he didn’t have to pay the “non return of bike” fee.

adampridmore
    Free Member

I passed Borris at about 15 miles. He looked pretty pooped. I gave home a big cheer and wave. I saw a picture of him on box hill, so he’s definatly got over half way.

Big plus for Borris for doing it though!

crazy-legs

Big plus for Borris for doing it though!

Anthony McCrossan has just tweeted a pic of Boris finishing the 100 miles. He looks a bit knackered!

project
    Free Member

the procycling is on bbc red buton, from down south.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘This bike race in that London’ is closed to new replies.