• This topic has 6 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by DrP.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • This bike is going to be a right hoot…six50bee Tripster ATR!
  • DrP

So the v1 tripster frame wasn’t designed for 650b wheels..boo hoo.
    However, when that cracked and I got sent a v2 replacement, I also popped an order for some superstar wheels (they had the sale on).
    It’s taken several months of gathering the bits and having the time, but I eventually managed to plop the new wheels into the frame yesterday.
    Not ridden in anger yet, but around the garden/roads, it’s incredible!!
    The extra squish is going to make this a proper beast! Dangerous even!

I’ll give a ride report in a few weeks (Life is bonkers at the mo) but I thnk it jsut looks ‘right’!

is mid-wheel size the way forward??!! Will the trails come alive…??

DrP

davosaurusrex

Grass could do with a drop of rain.

uphillcursing
    Free Member

Nice looking bike. But, and it is only a small but, what you have there is surely a nice rigid MTB with comical curly handlebars.

convert

That does look good. I’m a bit tripster curious. Possibly as a replacement for a cyclo cross bike that does mainly winter hack, gravel (before gravel was a thing) and tourer duties and a proper full on carbon road bike. Both are a bit long in the tooth and as I no longer race think one bike could maybe do it all. Possible? I could see that being built up with rack and pannier and 32mm road tyres for a proper road tour and those wheels and bike packing kit for an off road tour. And maybe stripped bare for a blat around.

DrP

Uphillcursing.. I get that..With the CX wheels on it’s clearly more CX bike isn’t it..
    With these wheels it IS blurring the lines between MTB and CX/gravel bike..!

Convert – I’ve now got 3 sets of wheels for this thing: road and CX (both teh kinesis v3 disc wheelset) and now these 650b wheels..
    For road and CX/gravel this bike is incredible – as a ‘MTB’ it’s bonkers – fun, but bonkers! We do local red/blue runs on ours. If you can see where you’re going, and your teeth remain in your jaw, then you’re doing OK…!

DrP

uphillcursing
    Free Member

DrP. I am not having a pop. I think it is a lovely looking thing.

More Gnar than Mac might be the term?

If I had to get rid of either the hard tail or the CX thing I might come up with something similar. There have been times when the CX has been less comfortable than it might have been on some trails or dirt roads. The Clement tyres on mine, only being 35’s, have gone down some silly trails when out exploring. Sadly they soon become a bit masochistic and a set of 2.2 fast rolling boots would be far better. Then there are the days when the gravel roads have just been graded or what Google maps thought was a gravel road has been surfaced and all is forgiven.

Best just adhere to N+1 I guess.

EDIT. Didn’t realise you had three sets of wheels for it. Surely the Swiss Army knife of bikes. 😀

DrP

DrP. I am not having a pop. I think it is a lovely looking thing

Fret not..I didn’t think you were!

I’ll probably use these wheels the least (he says now..that may change) as like you say, I don’t want to bastardise this too far from it’s origins…!

DrP

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘This bike is going to be a right hoot…six50bee Tripster ATR!’ is closed to new replies.