Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • This been done yet? Car crash content
  • dufresneorama
    Free Member
    sofatester
    Free Member

😯

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Onzadog
    Free Member

Is it just me or does there seem to be a growing number of these old person, wrong pedal events happening?

mrmo
    Free Member

Is it just me or does there seem to be a growing number of these old person, wrong pedal events happening?

More old people, and more thinking they are still safe behind the wheel.

And more evidence that they clearly aren’t, the governement really should look at compulsary retests for all, It would hopefully weed out a few who really shouldn’t be driving for whatever reason.

D0NK

the governement really should look at compulsary retests for all

compulsory retests every 5years for everyone should take care of that and remind people how they are supposed to drive.

dufresneorama
    Free Member

Pretty bad to tar all these oldies with the same brush, but I read all too often of old peeps driving 20miles the wrong way along the motorwaty etc etc! Had some close calls on the bike too with the aged!

oldgit
    Free Member

Usually automatics. An old lady wrecked my car in a supermarket carpark, whilst trying to get out. She just floored it and went round and round in a tight circle wrecking every car that was nearby. That left huge gouges in the tarmac

Got a lift home (well I didn’t in the end?) by an elderly workmate whos eyesight was so bad he couldn’t tell his windscreen was completely frozen over, not that clear ice but the white stuff. I thought this motor must have a good de mister, but we mounted the pavement a few feet later…..so I walked home after telling him to clear his screen.

stumpyjon

Thing is for every accident and incident there will be loads of people driving who have thus far been lucky and not hit anything.

I find it amazing we don’t take driving competance more seriously. In the work place you now have to trained and reviewed on nearly everything, pallet trucks was the latest thing for us!

T666DOM

My colleague works in the local hospital’s eye department, in the low vision clinic. For the most part their vision is too poor for spex to help so they need a variety of magnifiers to help them to see, some are registered blind or partially sighted.

The worrying thing is a good few drive to their appointment!!! 😯

dufresneorama
    Free Member

conjures up thoughts of the Billy Connolly joke about the prescription windscreen! 😆

donsimon
    Free Member

Nice bit of product placement too.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘This been done yet? Car crash content’ is closed to new replies.