Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Thirty years ago this week…
  • CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

30 YEARS? Crikey!

MSP

Crikey indeed.

I recently bought series 4, there is a hell of a lot more canned laughter on it than I recalled, did it really used to be like that or have they done some kind of tinkering with the soundtrack to signpost all the jokes for international audiences?

Drac

Incredible and now that view is in my backyard. (Not literally)

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Alnwick Castle isn’t it?
    Weiw from the pull in over the Aln?

Drac

Alnwick Castle isn’t it?

Yup Alnwick

Weiw from the pull in over the Aln?

Que?

Alnwick Castle by Lee Collis, on Flickr

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

There’s a pull in on the road somewhere near a bridge, everyone stops to take photos IIRC.

Pigface
    Free Member

First series not the best, IMO really got into its stride in the second series.

Witchsmeller Pursuivant was classic 😆

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

I might be dreaming that though…..

Drac

No you didn’t dream it.

A3 Black Edition by Lee Collis, on Flickr

Kryton57

^^^^ instant car based arousal….. Want!

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

How very STW…a thread about Blackadder becomes one about Audis within half an hour…

Drac

Sorry Cap’n

Cheers Krypton it fits in with the STW sterotype which is a pain but I do like it a lot.

Back on topic yes first one was Ok but after second series it really took off.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

How very STW…a thread about Blackadder becomes one about Audis within half an hour…

LOL!!

So true.

Back on topic, Blackadder was ace, and still is, but it’s been looking old for a long time. I’m actually surprised its only 30 years to be honest.

Bregante

Back on topic, Blackadder was ace, and still is, but it’s been looking old for a long time.

That’ll be the medieval costumes. 🙂

Drac

Ha!

nickc

I liked the first series, anything with Brian Blessed in it…

But the Regency one was bestset I think (third?)

khani
    Free Member

Thirty years 😯 thanks for that 😥
    M’old…

stewartc
    Free Member

The 1st series is a little underrated, Brian Blessed to full affect (the length and girth of my rod is known only to the Queen….and a THOUSAND TURKISH WHORES!!!),Peter Cook in the first episode and Miriam Margolyes as the Spanish Infanta with the great Jim Broadbent as her interpreter (Don Speekingleesh ).
    However, I think series 2 has the best episodes, only beaten by the final episode of series 4.
    30 years ago, I feel so old 🙁

andytherocketeer

4th was best. 1st sometimes makes me wonder how they got a budget for a 2nd series tbh.

MrOvershoot

30 years! Where did that go?

Anyway I shall be driving past Drac’s pull in later today shall I sully the view by parking my fly splattered Mazda there 😉

soundninjauk

1st sometimes makes me wonder how they got a budget for a 2nd series tbh.

The first season was relatively expensive at the time, and didn’t quite live up to it. As a result the budget was much reduced, which is why they ended up on much smaller studio sets from the second season onwards instead of a big castle the whole time. Personally I think it became a better show because of it.

I have such fond memories of watching repeats on BBC 2 when I was younger. I must retrieve my DVD box set off my parents again…

Kryton57

(Just for my info, is that the Sportback Drac?)

Drac

Yes. Shhh! He’s listening.

samuri
    Free Member

A3 Black Edition

It’s red.

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘Thirty years ago this week…’ is closed to new replies.