Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Third ride of the year…
  • monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

Middlesbrough to Newcastle by tarmac/bridleway and mud.5.15hours,4200kcal used and 44 miles covered.Backside not to bad but I,m thinking of moving on from my Carrera BansheeX.Its a good solid bike but a hell of a workout.Neil.

jekkyl

You realise that it’s the middle of may?! Why only 3rd ride of the year?

hora
    Free Member

Blimey. Ive had two rides in two weeks and felt down.

Pook

Sounds like my ride count this year.

hora
    Free Member

Yes but thats because of your gender reassignment to become a man 😉

monkeychild
    Free Member

I feel his pain. I have had a rubbish year for riding, as I have not been sleeping well at all, so I’m too pooped to pedal. I know, I know HTFU princess!!! I am going to Cannock on a singlespeed journey later.

ahsat

Was that on the Route 1 track? We are planning to ride north from Newcastle down to North Yorkshire on it at the bank holiday. With CX though. How is the track?

Don’t worry about counting the rides…key thing is you got out.

monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

Mostly,I do a lot of walking and some weight training.Three decent rides by May is a result for me.

fr0sty125
    Free Member

Third…… Had Same thoughts as Hora

Drac

3 ore than me. 😆

monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

Proper rides folks,not pootles.Plus my bike is a buffer.

monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

Biffer,sorry.Strangely I,m still feeling a bit heavy legged.Even after walks/stretches and showers!I must be getting old.

hora
    Free Member

Ah so this was a willy waving thread trap?

My rides are 50mile min and dont involve ‘tarmac’ 😉

monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

Willy waving would also be painful at the moment.Especially in this weather.

dobiejessmo
    Free Member

Main thing is you enjoy your rides.I had my first ride in 2 weeks which seems ages for me but do have a cracked rib from a motorbike crash on Bank Holiday Monday.

monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

Sounds painful,does it effect your breathing?

toppers3933
    Free Member

I rode my mtb for the first time this year today. To the shop and back. I’ve kayaked further this year than I’ve ridden my mtb and I’ve only had my kayak since the end of March.

monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

Bored with cycling or a bit depressed there toppers?

monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

Wouldn’t mind trying a C2C ride via Darlington.Is this possible off-road?Anybody tried it?

toppers3933
    Free Member

I’ve been on my road bike a few times but just circumstance (and having the snip) has kept me off the bike. Certainly not bored of cycling. Prt of the problem with owning a bike shop is you tend to see less and less of your own bike. Also when you make your hobby your job you then tend to stop seeing it as a hobby (for me anyway). Hence the kayak. Something I love doing that doesn’t involve wheels or gears.

seadog101

Sounds like my count too, if I don’t include quick ride to the shops and around town with the young un.

dobiejessmo
    Free Member

Is painfull at times getting better.Doesnt affect my breathing while riding.When I took deep breaths at Docs it hurt that was 11 days ago.Did some good climbs on a road bike today which you did feel a bit with your heavier breathing but not to bad.Ribs were worse on the rubbish bumpy roads in Gloucestershire.

monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

Umm…not the only one riding a few times a year then.Really amazed by the people who ride everyday for fun.They must have great motivation.

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘Third ride of the year…’ is closed to new replies.