Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • thinnest eve seat stays? (road bike content)
  • rOcKeTdOg

bike weighs 14lb, but i’m sure i’d snap those stays just sitting still on it

English Cycles, custom Di2 @ Het Fairwheel Podium by scurvy_knaves, on Flickr

Rorschach
    Free Member

Steel aswell 😀

pedalhead
    Free Member

Is that Ti? Those seat stays look even thinner than Cervelos

donsimon
    Free Member

Great looking bikes, shite name. 😈

pedalhead
    Free Member

oh, steel. Blimey, those must be some thin tubes to get down to that weight! 953 I presume.

RealMan
    Free Member

They look like they’re bending under the strain of the brake caliper..

Looks a bit boring though, the other English bikes I’ve seen look much better. Also massive chain placement no no, don’t these people know anything??

njee20
    Free Member

The Cervelo R3-SL was allegedly tested without seat stays, but the UCI wouldn’t approve it. They are basically there to mount the caliper and appease the UCI!

That looks good for a steel frame though.

allthepies
    Free Member

Mr English is a pretty good rider and a corking engineer.

oldgit
    Free Member

I posted the other day about racing a steel frame and whilst having a google about it I came across a post claiming that Mr English’s own steel bike was 12lb
    Wouldn’t it be nice to see steel come to the fore again. Aren’t Reynolds working on that?

schmiken

The nicest touch on that is definitely the built in USB charger in the seat tube to charge the battery. Genius!

RealMan
    Free Member

That spider and those cranks 😯

oldgit
    Free Member

I’m thinking of building a Bob Jackson copy of this to replace my wrecked PX, but it’s going to be 2lb heavier than anything carbon.

IanMunro
    Free Member

Cool!
    http://www.englishcycles.com/custombikes/custom-di2-road-bike/
    Forks clamp onto the stem by the look of things.

MrSmith
    Free Member

I’m thinking of building a Bob Jackson copy of this to replace my wrecked PX, but it’s going to be 2lb heavier than anything carbon.

get a rourke instead.

compositepro
    Free Member

is someone remaking the sweet wings cranks??

oldgit
    Free Member

get a rourke instead.

There’s not a huge difference in weights. A quick look at weights would put a Jackson 631/853 at about 1.6lb heavier than my Planet X.
    Though a lighter groupset and race day wheels would almost claw all that back.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Frame weight is the only meaningful number.

Oldgit how is your frame wrecked when you can find nothing wrong with it?

oldgit
    Free Member

Oldgit how is your frame wrecked when you can find nothing wrong with it?

The problem is I/we can’t tell, but based on the damage to components I’d be worried riding it. The impact and fall squahed the rear mech flat, it ground nine teeth off the chainring, the bars wore down so much there is a little hole in them, the STIs are rather curly now and the saddle has been skinned.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘thinnest eve seat stays? (road bike content)’ is closed to new replies.