Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Thinner goodridge hydraulic hose?
  • J273
    Free Member

I want to replace the thicker reverb hose to allow me to route the hose through the internal route guides on my frame.

With the reverb using thicker hydraulic hose it won’t allow me to pass the hose through the frame as its designed for cable operated posts using gear cable inner/outer.

I’ve found I can replace the barb on the seatpost end with the goodridge M6 connectors . Can anyone fell me if goodridge hose is actually any thinner or is there a hose available that’s the same thickness as gear cable outer?

Thanks

MarkBrewer
    Free Member

I’d be surprised if you could find any hydraulic hose that’s smaller in diameter than outer gear cable that’ll work with Goodridge fittings.

If its any help the braid on Goodridge hose is 5mm od but then you’ve got the clear covering too which off the top of my head is another 1mm on top of that.

J273
    Free Member

Yes i was thinking of doing this – Strip the outer plastic off down to the inner white liner thread through the frame and then possibly heatshrink both ends that are out of the frame.

Could pressure be an issue or doubtful being a reverb??

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Thinner goodridge hydraulic hose?’ is closed to new replies.