Viewing 13 posts - 41 through 53 (of 53 total)
  • Thinking of taking up vaping?
  • lostturtle
    Free Member

I’m glad that I gave up smoking and definitely wouldn’t do that. A friend of mine, who smokes, changed to vaping for several weeks, but whatever the reason was, it gave him headaches and had to quit (and go back to smoking).

funkmasterp

Stopped smoking about eighteen years ago and never get any type of urges. The smell now pretty much turns my stomach. I wouldn’t start Vaping as there is not enough known about the effects at this stage in my opinion.

rene59
    Free Member

Actually took the father-in-law down to the e-cig shop only yesterday to get him one sorted. And believe me, when Eric calls it a day, you know the writing really is on the wall for the tobacco industry in this country

They’ll just move with the times. Tobacco is only the delivery device for nicotine. All they want is to get you addicted to that so you keep buying their product, won’t matter to them how they get it into you.

http://www.bat.com/ecigarettes

chewkw
    Free Member

The Southern Yeti – Member
    I successfully gave up smoking about 5 years ago but still occasionally miss that nicotine hit first thing in the morning…

Has anyone else, non-smoker or ex-smoker taken up vaping? Doesn’t really seem to be any reason not to.

I gave up smoking several months ago but before that I gave vaping a go and to be honest you are better off not vaping coz it’s just shite. The taste is very artificial …

poolman
    Free Member

I hate smoking, just the other day we sat on a terrace and the couple next to us were chain smoking. It was disgusting, they finished one then lit another straight away.

If i didnt have shares in tobacco companies, one unbelievably had volume sales growth last year…to errrm developing countries, now when i see smokers i just think of the shares.

mattyfez

It’s good for an aid to quit I think, but once you’ve quit I don’t think it will do any good, if anything it might tempt you back.

chewkw
    Free Member

poolman – Member
    I hate smoking, just the other day we sat on a terrace and the couple next to us were chain smoking. It was disgusting, they finished one then lit another straight away.

That can be rather annoying at times if you get chain smokers. For me I simply walk away rather than get annoyed.

If i didnt have shares in tobacco companies, one unbelievably had volume sales growth last year…to errrm developing countries, now when i see smokers i just think of the shares.

Nobody cares about smoking in developing countries even their own governments do not give any concern. Yes, think about your shares … 😆

molgrips
    Free Member

When they eventually cure cancer, I wonder if people will start smoking again knowing they can get a few pills when the cough comes?

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Vaping is very dangerous. Just ask the bloke I emptied a fire extinguisher on to last week.
    I really thought the **** was on fire.

andy3809
    Free Member

I’ve vaped for the past four years after a 20 a day Benson and hedges habit for the previous 15 years.

There is no urge to smoke cigarettes at all as i find them disgusting and the smell makes me sick. Vaping is much cleaner in terms of smell, taste and not to mention much much cheaper.

Giving up vaping is also a breeze in comparison to cigarettes, it really is. I’m not convinced that nicotine is that difficult to give up, it’s all the other bits and bobs in cigarettes that cause the addiction and the ritual.

Myself, I’ve no desire to give it up as i enjoy it and I’m not convinced by the negative press it sometimes receives. I do wonder about the impact it’s having on the tobacco industry though, as other posters have mentioned, nobody i now know still smokes and seeing somebody smoking pretty rare these days.

funkmasterp

When they eventually cure cancer, I wonder if people will start smoking again knowing they can get a few pills when the cough comes?

Sadly, I reckon some probably will.

chewkw
    Free Member

molgrips – Member

If that is the case I think people will start smoking again after all it is a form of enjoyment is it not?

I do enjoy smoking tobacco roll up (not cigarette) even when I have given up.

esselgruntfuttock – Member
    Vaping is very dangerous. Just ask the bloke I emptied a fire extinguisher on to last week.
    I really thought the **** was on fire.

😆

Simon_Semtex
    Free Member

Viewing 13 posts - 41 through 53 (of 53 total)

The topic ‘Thinking of taking up vaping?’ is closed to new replies.