Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • thinking of selling my VW Caravelle-some advice on selling
  • dcl

Thinking of selling my VW Caravelle Exec to fund campervan project and car.
    Been offered an exchange on a van and car but a couple of grand under value. Van good but not quite right but could work.
    Should I sell privately and then find the vans.
    Any advise on private sells, good or bad appreciated.
    Thanks

SaxonRider

I sold a Caravelle via ebay before Christmas. It was a W-reg with 198k on the clock, a body that looked good, but needed some serious work, and a fairly serious oil leak. I listed every problem it had in the most honest possible terms, and had people contacting me instantly to ask if they could by it off-auction. On-auction, it reached £1200 before a man came who had seen it advertised elsewhere, and bought it for £1500. I was extremely pleased.

Only days before, I had bought a different Caravelle myself off ebay, and it has proven to be excellent.

I don’t know exactly what sort of advice you want, but I would definitely try to sell privately – even using ebay. Equally, take a look at the VW T4 forum (it also covers T5s), and see what people are looking for.

steveh

Caravelles are in demand as are all the nice VW T5 based non van vehicles (e.g. kombi, shuttle, caravelle etc) so I wouldn’t expect it to be hard to sell. An ebay classified ad will cost you £15 for a month, write a decent description and take good photos. Put the ad up and see if you get any interest.

What van is it? I’d say that if you’re planning to convert yourself and keep it for a while then it’s worth getting the van that is exactly right even if it’s a bit more hassle now.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘thinking of selling my VW Caravelle-some advice on selling’ is closed to new replies.