Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 160 total)
  • Thinking of leaving girlfriend or rather will be leaving
  • ahwiles
    Free Member

dude, have you packed yet?

allthegear
    Free Member

You say you ‘pay for her car’. Is the finance in her or your name? Don’t worry about the V5 – that’s just who is responsible – who actually owns the car? Be careful about just stopping payments if the loan is in your name.

But, whatever you do, get out. Pronto.

Rachel

mitsumonkey
    Free Member

Don’t worry about your lizard and snakes, at the worst you/she can give them to a pet shop that can resell them.

You need to go mate, move to your mother’s and don’t go back.

dirtyrider
    Free Member

I pay for her car and council tax

who is paying the rent.mortgage, leccy, gas, water, tv licence, etc?

Now i feel like a scruff, as most of my money is spent on funding the zoo and don’t have any money left to go out and buy clothes like i used to.

but you have around £750 in disposable a month?

singletrackmind

My colleague was in a pretty similar situation .
    House full of pointless pets and pretty but mental G/F . Rottweiler plus many other silly things like stick insects in a 2 bed council house .
    He paid almost everything whilst she spend it all on tat and pet food.
    Unfortunatly for him the bills were all in his name so he got royaly shafted on the outstanding for months afterwards.
    Dog ate his shoes, his Oakleys , poor thing lived in a cage in the kitchen most of time.

He is back with his mum , and is 36. Taken 2 years to get into a position to move out into his own place.

She has followed him to the town where he lives now for some reason too.

Get gone , never a good time but maybe not xmas day.

climbingkev
    Free Member

Get out mate. You’ve tried to fix things, she never played ball. Stick around and you’re only making things worse. You sound like a carrying chap, who’s staying because he cares – you’re making it worse. You should feel guilty for staying and kidding her and yourself, not leaving. Use your next shift to phase yourself to your mums house. I don’t know when your next “day” is with her, but it needs to be a sit down and chat as in “I’m gone”. Not dinner, not a movie, not even a cup of tea. Get out the rut. If that means telling her on the doorstep, so be it. If you think you’ll buckle and go back a call or text. Not ideal and many would say cowardly, but not as cowardly as staying! You’re the priority here mate, do what MUST be done.

Good luck, and post some pics of your solo motor bike trip….. It has to happen, that’s your medicine; not cat shit!

takisawa2

Get out.
    Ditch your mobile number & email.
    Life is too short mate.

Prove it to yourself.

hora
    Free Member

If it was you or me I’d rather the person left than live a sham/lie staying and they didn’t want to be there. Agree? Painful but you are deceiving her.

Lawmanmx
    Free Member

yup, what Hora said.
    deceiving her AND yourself!, Your happiness awaits elsewhere.

ChubbyBlokeInLycra
    Free Member

This might sound a bit harsh, but it sounds to me like part of you would rather be in a relationship where someone treats you like shit, than be on your own. Seems fairly common.

This.
    Stay put, accept being treated like shite and that she’s probably shagging someone else, post on here every couple of months about how you’re sick of being treated like this and then make excuses for doing nothing about it.

Is that what you wanted to hear?

benw
    Free Member

ChubbyBlokeInLycra – Member
    This might sound a bit harsh, but it sounds to me like part of you would rather be in a relationship where someone treats you like shit, than be on your own. Seems fairly common.

This.
    Stay put, accept being treated like shite and that she’s probably shagging someone else, post on here every couple of months about how you’re sick of being treated like this and then make excuses for doing nothing about it.

thats sound about right,i have friends who i meet up with who still complain about the same crap there were complaining about 10 years ago.it’s never easy but something needs to change and your mates will only listen to it for so long before they ignore you

walla24
    Free Member

what does she get up to every time to go to work for 12 hours? with another man while you pay for her hobby?

Get gone fella, you, like us all will be dead and in the ground as a certainty, spend what time you have being as happy as possible.

Lawmanmx
    Free Member

there’s some good advice on here if you care to take it pal, grow a pair and do the right thing for yourself and her 😉
    all the best to ya in yer decision 🙂

BigJohn

Before you do anything make sure there’s no possibility of anybody except you having access to your bank account, credit cards etc. And think about all the other ways you can be hurt, physically, financially and emotionally and make sure you have taken steps to prevent these.

On the other hand it sounds like you may be gone for a few weeks before anybody notices…

kudos100
    Free Member

This.

Sometimes people actually prefer this.

What usually happens, if it is a man who is being treated like shit, is that eventually the woman cheats, leaves or sabotages the relationship.

Subconsciously the person who is behaving like a **** loses respect and attraction for the partner they are treating badly and looks elsewhere.

The person who took all the shit is left saying “I don’t understand, I did everything they wanted and they cheated on me/left me”

Sadly, sometimes it seems like it has to get to this point before the relationship is over.

bwfc4eva868
    Free Member

Electric and gas are on pre pay meter. Due to her previous ex’s running up a huge bill then left. So who ever is in when it goes or if it’s likely to go pays it.
    Cars in her name, water she pays, tv licence she pays, I pay virgin media. Rent she pays.

And half each on food costs.

I know deep down I need to go, had the whole situation chat once before nothing changed. The texting bloke thing just ended up with her launching her phone across the room and crying. Saying it’s nothing more than friendly banter.

I’ve had enough, so started packing things up ready to go this week.

anagallis_arvensis

No easy way to do it. You just have to do it!

nick1962
    Free Member

I have four snakes and a bearded Dragon

If you want to attract someone normal you need to get shot of those.
    I agree,keeping reptiles FFS???
    Unless of course that’s a euphemism then a lucrative career in the adult film industry beckons.

mrmoofo

I’ve had enough, so started packing things up ready to go this week.

Let us know and we will all be along to help …
    You have nothing to regret – it’s just life.

Some people are great
    Some aren’t
    Move on ….

PJM1974
    Free Member

I’ve been here…at about your age too. It took me a while to fully appreciate this and when I left it was very painful, but in truth I’ve never looked back since.

Thing is I feel guilty about just moving out and leaving them to fund for themselves.

That’s the problem, she’ll continue to do as she likes because she doesn’t really respect you. In fact she probably doesn’t know how to respect herself, but that’s beyond your ability to change. It’ll end with her chasing another bloke on your tab unless you take back some control for yourself.

Your parents would rather see you move home with them while you get back on your feet than together with someone who doesn’t value you.

ChubbyBlokeInLycra
    Free Member

I’ve had enough, so started packing things up ready to pretend I’m going to go this week.

FIFY
    prove me wrong

hora
    Free Member

Good on you OP. If you fancy a ride over the festive period give me a shout. The texting thing reminds me of:

Moses

Grow a pair of balls and leave.
    If you’ve asked / told her not to get more animals, but she has, and she’s involved (however tenuously) with someone else, then she doesn’t respect you.
    Subconsciously you know this, and it’s affecting your self image.

You say that you can’t afford new clothes, but clothes last a long time so being scruffy is down to your behaviour & lack of self-respect rather than money.

Leave or stop whining.

nicolaisam
    Free Member

Sounds like this relationship is over.

Pack your bags and walk away.

Dont wait until the new year.

bloodynora
    Free Member

As my old man used to say ‘are you a man or a mouse’
    Do the right thing fella, grow a pair and leave. Simples. You will be better off in the long run.

Edukator
    Free Member

Do you still like her?
    Do you still fancy her?
    Is she a good friend?
    Have you had sex in the last ten days?

If you can answer yes to those you’ll be thoroughly miserable if you go. If you can’t answer yes I’m not sure what’s keeping you there.

Best keep the answers to yourself.

hora
    Free Member

The last time you went down did it taste salty?

kudos100
    Free Member

FTFY

[s]Do you still like her?[/s] Do you like cat turd in your cornflakes?
    Do you still fancy her? Do you enjoy being treated like dirt?
    Is she a good friend? Would it get you going seeing her with another man?
    Have you had sex in the last ten days? Are you secretly a submissive who likes being dominated?

If you can answer yes to those you’ll be thoroughly miserable if you go. If you can’t answer yes I’m not sure what’s keeping you there.

Best keep the answers to yourself.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

I have four snakes and a bearded Dragon

If you want to attract someone normal you need to get shot of those.

So she’s got reptiles & so do you?
    I reckon your’e perfectly suited.

showerman
    Free Member

as a side issue you work in healthcare live in whats is best described as a shithole and not looking after yourself, go to work and pass on whatever diseases you could be carring.
    man up and leave her and think of other people you come into cotact with makes my piss boil

scotroutes

What’s actually wrong with keeping reptiles as pets as opposed to small mammals, birds or fish?

monkeychild
    Free Member

What’s actually wrong with keeping reptiles as pets as opposed to small mammals, birds or fish?

Looks fun to me.

onehundredthidiot

Get the **** outta dodge.

Been there done that. She resorted to a fake eptopuc pregnancy, even going to hospital to be picked up after “the operation”.
    Even sitting in the the wreck of a flat she left and spending 3 years digging myself out of the £17k of debt she managed run up against my name. Was better than one more minute in her company.

nealglover
    Free Member

man up and leave her and think of other people you come into cotact with makes my piss boil

That sounds like a urine infection.

You should get that looked at.

cfinnimore
    Free Member

What happens to all the partners we have had lucky escapes from?

I reckon my clean pass of lore doesn’t spend a moment ruminating on her effluent tunnelled historical shag disasters nor the secret abortions passed therein.

Hopefully she moved on to become an alright person for someone else.
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    ” Aye right”.

ElShalimo

OP – have you made your decision yet?

BoardinBob

At the risk of being crude
    There must be fifty ways
    To leave your lover
    Fifty ways to leave your lover

You just slip out the back, Jack
    Make a new plan, Stan
    You don’t need to be coy, Roy
    Just get yourself free
    Hop on the bus, Gus
    You don’t need to discuss much
    Just drop off the key, Lee
    And get yourself free

biglee1

Come on then, have you gone yet? Was there much am dram or did you slip out the back while she was at work?
    As a divorced bloke theres no better feeling than getting the weight off your shoulders after its all finished :D thankfully for you theres no kids involved or its going to end up costing you 10s of 000s of £`s to get out 😀

joolsburger
    Free Member

I fear the OP may be lacking the testicular fortitude to do what he needs to. You never know though, sometimes people have actually taken the advice they came here to get.

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 160 total)

The topic ‘Thinking of leaving girlfriend or rather will be leaving’ is closed to new replies.