Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • thinking of converting my pitch to 2×9..what do I need
  • kwack
    Free Member

Been thinking of of converting my pitch to a 2×9 with a bashguard plus a chain device…what should I look oit for when choosing these..I see that bashguard come in different sizes do I select a tooth size that is equal to my middle ring?

Also same on chain devices do I need oneed on of these as well?

Cheers
    Kwack

breadcrumb

You’re right about the bash, same size as your middle ring.

You don’t need a chain device. I’ve ran my pitch for years without one, rarely drops the chain.

robdob
    Free Member

This is my Pitch with 2×9

I have a Hope 36t lightweight bashing and a 36t Shimano ring, bit more than the 32t to make up for losing the 42t, and a Blackspire Stinger – works very well and bolts straight onto the ISCG mounts. Keeps the drivetrain a lot quieter.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    kwack
    Free Member

That is great thanks.. What style chain device will I need as I see there’s different USCG mounts?

robdob
    Free Member

Mine uses the ISCG “old” mounts. Not sure if they changed it for later years.

kwack
    Free Member

Cool thanks my pitch is the original blue frame with red shock arm so likely the same as yours

Do you happen to know whether the chain rings are compatible across makes I have a raceface chainset and shimano rings are so much cheaper

kwack
    Free Member

Quick question for the front mech did you leave it bolted on or did you chamge to a downtube mount ans bring it nearer to the top of the chainring

Cheers
    Kwack

robdob
    Free Member

Original front mech, works fine.
    Any 4 bolt front ring should fit.

kwack
    Free Member

Just a quick one is the chain device essential or could I do without it?

Seen confusing info on internet

Kwack

robdob
    Free Member

It depends. You are better off shorterning your chain a bit, that’ll help.

You don’t need to have a chain device, I didn’t ever lose my chain but I hate drivetrain noise, especially rear mech/chain clanging around. It’s quite rocky in West Yorks where I am so adding the chain device made things a lot quieter.

It’s a pretty cheap add-on, but not essential if you ride a lot of smoother trails. But if that’s all you do you probably don’t need a Pitch! 😉

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘thinking of converting my pitch to 2×9..what do I need’ is closed to new replies.