• This topic has 8 replies, 7 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by hora.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Thinking of buying this bike thoughts?
  • rhysyd
    Free Member

Hi

At the moment got a Boardman Team FS 2014

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_storeId_10001_catalogId_10151_productId_991934_langId_-1_categoryId_165499

But im thinking of upgrading to this..
    http://www.canyon.com/_en/mountainbikes/bike.html?b=3183

just wondering what you guys thought isit worth the upgrade?
    Thanks
    Rhys

bol

Better, lighter components. Whether or not you’d enjoy riding it more is a question I can’t answer. If you’ve got the money spare and fancy a change, go for it – but as others will advise, it’s probably a good idea to ride something similar first.

atlaz
    Free Member

Dunno. Do you have the money? Do you dislike the Boardman? Would you be better spending your 2000 euros on parts?

Kind of comes down to you. It’s a slightly better specced bike but both are pretty good I’m sure.

hora
    Free Member

Have you ridden either? (or very similar from the manufacturer).

taxi25
    Free Member

He’s already got the Boardman. The Canyon us a big step up IMHO. like anything its your money, spend it as you will 😀

AlexSimon

I would say that if you’re considering upgrading this early, then you aren’t happy with your current bike.

That would make me worried that you might not be happy with the Canyon either.

I’d try a few bikes and don’t necessarily buy on value of components. Once you get above £1000, the frame design is more important.

If you try before you buy, you are much more likely to get a keeper.

rhysyd
    Free Member

How much of a difference would it be to the boardman in terms of riding/frame tho? I just assumed better spec, betterrid? :/

mtbtomo
    Free Member

The Canyon is a 29er and will ride differently to the Boardman?

Aside from weight difference (and there might not be much between a lower spec’d 650b and a higher end 29er), the big differences that I’d notice would be better forks, wheels, brakes.

2000Euros would buy a lot of upgrades – there’s nothing particularly wrong with the Boardman frame/shock.

hora
    Free Member

c£1800 will buy you a decent Nukeproof Mega, secondhand Orange Five Pro etc etc

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Thinking of buying this bike thoughts?’ is closed to new replies.