• This topic has 12 replies, 10 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by Gunz.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Thinking of buying an Xbox but know not about them, advice please?
  • coolhandluke
    Free Member

Spending a lot of time working away and have done all my PS2 stuff to death. I almost bout an Xbox 360 today but thought I’d run it past you lot first.

250Gb hard drive (advised to go for this above the 4Gb version)
    New shape Xbox (non overheating and self destroying version?)
    It was £155 with a 6 month guarantee from a shop, used.

Also could do with game advice, I like racing games ( GT4 Nurburgring on PS2 is usual game of choice) and first person shoot em up games or rally games (not rally simulators though, way too hard).

Any advice most welcome even if it steers me towards a PS3.

br
    Free Member

Whatever you do don’t bother with the 4Gb.

And AFAIK they don’t overheat if allowed ‘breathing’ space.

samuri
    Free Member

I’d be inclined to spend a bit extra and get a brand new one. Lots of the older secondhand ones have been chipped so they won’t work online or download updates.

However, if you like racing games then you’re in luck. The Forza series will blow you away, as will Grid and the Dirt series. Dirt 3 is brilliant. You will absolutely love that. More still, F1 2012 is involving but can be hard. I really liked Driver: San Francisco too.

First person shooters, there’s loads but Red Dead Redemption and Borderlands 2 are my favourites. You have to get GTA4 and GTA5 is out some point this year I think.

Duffer
    Free Member

My advice? Don’t bother. At least, not yet.

Sony officially announced the PS4 the other day, which means MS won’t be far behind with the new Xbox. With the new generation on the way, the prices of the last gen machines are soon to crash.

My other piece of advice is to wait for the Steam Box (although you could be waiting for a few more years yet – Valve are notoriously slow at EVERYTHING)

chvck
    Free Member

My other piece of advice is to wait for the Steam Box (although you could be waiting for a few more years yet – Valve are notoriously slow at EVERYTHING)

https://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Valve_Time

Duffer
    Free Member

^^Nice!^^

Not seen that before!

Stoner
    Free Member

Ive just started Portal 2 this evening. Love it.

Had great fun with portal 1 but it only takes a few hours to finish.

LA Noire was ace too. Next game will probably be Testament of Sherlock Holmes.

martinhutch

Portal 2 is ace. Just gets better and better.

brodie
    Free Member

+1 Borderlands 2, loved the 1st one and the 2nd is better still.

takisawa2

GTA4 is all you need. 🙂

BiscuitPowered
    Free Member

This is a great time to be entering the current/outgoing generation. 7-8 years worth of 5* games to choose from and all at a few quid each.

Mass Effect series
    Red Dead Redemption
    Dead Space
    Deus Ex
    Fallout 3

You’ll be busy for months!

Duffer
    Free Member

Deus Ex

I’ve just played through Dues Ex, and thought it was mostly tripe. For instance; Boss Levels?!

OMG, and indeed WTF!

Gunz
    Free Member

Just finished Halo 4 on Normal for a warm up and now embarked on Heroic. I find it amazing that moving up a difficulty level completely changes the dynamic of the game. It’s the only reason I have the XBox.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Thinking of buying an Xbox but know not about them, advice please?’ is closed to new replies.