Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Thinking of building up a 120 travel HT – Which frame?
  • devash
    Free Member

Inbred 26er
    Kinesis XC130
    Cotic Soul

???????????

Currently being swayed more towards the Soul but the Kinesis has tickled my fancy.

Alternatively I’ve seen 2012 and 2013 Whyte 905’s going from between £1000-1200 brand new, which is roughly the same price as a self-build would cost with Reba forks and sLX / XT kit.

Mintman
    Free Member

Carbon 456?

I run mine somewhere between 120mm and 130mm, it’s fairly lightweight and I think it’s quite robust

scandal42
    Free Member

456 better suited to 130 -140 I reckon

svalgis
    Free Member

I’d be really tempted by the current offer on the Soul if I were you.

BearBack
    Free Member

Having had and really enjoyed a Blizzard in 2006, I had to get another 853 tubed HT. I was extremely impressed with Cotic from a sales and service perspective and the Soul’s frame more than made up for 6 years without my Blizzard as a winter bike.

I’d say Soul.. not simply because 853 steel is (imo) better suited than 4130, alloy or carbon for a fun HT, but because I’m impressed with the quality of the Soul and their desire to sell you the right frame.. its also 31.6mm dropper post compatible.

My Soul with Fox 32 talas 120/140, 1×10, XT, DOSS, DT EX1750’s and 2.4RQ’s is 27lbs.. and its fun

However, once Pace get the RC127 out there.. I’m headed that way…

matther01
    Free Member

Soul

lee170
    Free Member

Whyte 19

Northwind

Can’t speak for the Kinesis… Definitely not the Bred, they’re orrible with a longer fork, just ride like you’d expect any 100mm xc frame with too much fork in to ride. I switched from my Scandal to a Soul and it was like the difference between a dog shit sandwich and a steak cooked by God.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Thinking of building up a 120 travel HT – Which frame?’ is closed to new replies.