Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Thinking of a Cube Stereo 160 HPC
  • kwack
    Free Member

Seen a few about at reasonable prices – probably frame only and trf my current parts across

Not really going to be able to test one but anyone have one and thoughts on what they are like? Currently have a 26″ Enduro

Internet reviews seem pretty limited

Cheers
    Kwack

I was going to sell my 2008 S-Works Enduro a few years ago and get one – they were getting good reviews at the time. In the end, I was glad I didn’t – just doesn’t seem anything ‘special’ about them. However, if you view a bike as just a bike, I’m sure they are more than capable

Paul@RTW
    Free Member

Can’t comment on that particular frame (I bought the 29er HPC 140 and it’s a great bit of kit) but Cube’s after sales service is dire. I’ve contacted them about different things over a few years and usually I get no response. The one time I did get a response was about 3 months after my initial inquiry and amounted to, “ask your dealer” (I was trying to get hold of a frame grommet and didn’t know the part number).
    Having talked to a few ‘local dealers’ including the shop I bought the frame from, the general consensus seems to be that they are a nightmare to deal with.

Of course most issues are solvable one way or another but they could go a long way to improving their customer and dealer relationships.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Larry_Lamb
    Free Member

Mate has one, bobs like a mofo when I watch him winch up a hill.

I wouldn’t bother personally.

fergal
    Free Member

you’re point is caller, i have a Stereo 140 shock in climb or trail mode zero bob, really like this bike, also have an enduro, it’s flavour of the month for me at the mo!

mbr30
    Free Member

Sent you an email kwack

jamesoz

Got lent a Cube stereo 160 hpc I think for the Mega last year, my girlfriend used it and loved it. Had a quick go and it accelerated really well and seemed a lot like my old Horst link Turner only much lighter. Was a bit short for me, felt even shorter after my then new Aeris turned up.

reggiegasket
    Free Member

I have a 140 TM. Great piece of kit.

Cheezpleez

Couple of mates have them. They are really light and pedal very well. Seem like a good all-rounder, capable of Alps riding and UK trails. I would

jambalaya
    Free Member

Yup popular and well liked. Sold by my LBS Nirvana in the Surrey Hills and good for all of that, jumping included. The shop only stocks decent bikes if I may say so

br
    Free Member

Can’t comment on that particular frame (I bought the 29er HPC 140 and it’s a great bit of kit) but Cube’s after sales service is dire. I’ve contacted them about different things over a few years and usually I get no response. The one time I did get a response was about 3 months after my initial inquiry and amounted to, “ask your dealer” (I was trying to get hold of a frame grommet and didn’t know the part number).

I’ve a 26″ Cube Stereo frame in the roof of my workshop, unable to get the ‘sacrificial’ bearings that the main pivot ate – and got no response from either the UK or Germany when enquiring about sizings when a pal offered to machine some up (originals were bollox’d).

Paul-B

I had one. Like someone else commented they’re not that ‘special’ however they are very good at what they do…bit like an Audi

I wasn’t happy at having to replace the seat stay section on the frame after only 9 months or so of ownership. The bearings were worn and enlarged the hole in the frame making everything loose. Doesn’t seem a great design. Luckily my LBS sorted me out but only because they had another wrecked warranty frame to rob parts off. Can’t imagine how much mither a warranty claim would have been.

In the end I sold the frame but not after racing a load of Enduros and a week in the Alps. Got a Stanton now…love it but that’s not the point!

jambalaya
    Free Member

@br if you call or facebook Nirvana in Westcott they may be able to help you

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Thinking of a Cube Stereo 160 HPC’ is closed to new replies.