Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Thinking about tubeless for the Mega. Options?
  • bella
    Free Member

No stranger to the race. This will be 4th year. Always run dual ply minions in the past with a super tacky on the front and 60a rear. Never really got on with tubeless until started using UST tyres. Not had a puncture since.

Can’t find 2.35/2.4 UST minions. Dont fancy high rollers. Quite fancy giving UST continentals a go. Would appreciate any advice.

Pridds

What rims are you running as with stans rims with non ust wire bead maxxis will seal and work well

kimbers

Nico Vouilloz had a bit of a ‘mare at last years Mega running tubeless

he even got a bit stroppy

bella
    Free Member

Will be using stans flow. Saw voullez walking back to town last year. He didn’t seem in the best of moods.

Pridds

I have flows and run a 2.4 high roller 2 supertacky on the front and a 2.4 ardent on the rear. Both are the non tubeless version and both have worked really well tubeless. The only maxxis tyre i have had trouble with when doing this was a kevlar beaded High roller 2
    If you do go down this route the only difficult bit can be getting the bead seated in the first place and one of these can help with that
    http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/ghetto-tubeless-inflator-total-cost-9p
    I have used it for all my tyres and it works really well

bella
    Free Member

Already have an inflator and they are ace. However problems with non UST tyres hasn’t been getting them to seat. Have torn numerous tyres, including an ardent and swampthing, usually on the tread itself. Pretty keen to go with UST (dual ply run tubeless) for this reason.

honourablegeorge

Schwalbe Hans Dampf Super Gravity are probably right up your street

larrythelathe
    Free Member

Caution with the ardent non UST I completely destroyed one doing this.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Thinking about tubeless for the Mega. Options?’ is closed to new replies.