Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Thinking about getting a treadmill, where to start?
  • organic355
    Free Member

Been pondering the idea of getting a running treadmill in the garage as I need to get running but cant with the weather at the moment.

What should I be looking to spend for a decent one, what brands should I be looking out for and anywhere that sells second hand/refurbished ones?

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

Dont think the plane will take off.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Have you thought about a turbo trainer?

The only reason I say is that when I used to have a gym membership I just used running machines and I thought I was keeping fit. However as soon as I went back out running properly I realised I had lost alot of muscle strength and endurance, evem using the treadmill on an incline.

This year I have bought a turbo trainer and even after just a few weeks I feel more like my muscles are staying in shape.

Admitedly a turbo trainer isnt half as good all body execise as a treadmill.

oddjob
    Free Member

Bugger – beaten to the plane gag 🙄

pixelmix
    Free Member

but cant with the weather at the moment.

I’m not normally a runner, but I have been running this winter as I’ve entered a few offroad duathlons to keep me fit for riding in 2011. I live in Edinburgh but I’ve managed to run once a week all winter so far. When it is white and snowy out, the snow is sufficiently grippy to allow you to run (IMO), although it is a little bit harder work if it gets deep. Compacted paths are normally fine. The only condition which I wouldn’t run is polished ice, but when the offroad paths get to that stage, the pavements are normally sufficiently clear.

Whenever I have run in the gym in the past, I get bored pretty quickly, but running outside forces you to keep going (if you have a route planned out which you stick to).

Tangent over. Sorry – I can’t answer your original question!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Thinking about getting a treadmill, where to start?’ is closed to new replies.