Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • thinking about a new road frame, ideas please
  • jonnyboy666
    Free Member

i currently have a really nice Condor road bike, but in all honesty i’m a little bored with it, so it’s time for something new, i’ve also decided i want to go electric, leaning towards Sram etap, but because of going electric i want the frame to be as neat as possible, meaning no unused cable stops, preferably not even blanking plates for Di2 cables.

but i can’t really seem to find anything out there that currently inspires me, as much as the main big players are building some nice stuff i find them a little (for want of a better word) boring.

so does anything spring to mind as fitting the bill? something a little off the mainstream? carbon, no cable stops or at least capable of being blanked off.

not overly fussed about it being disc brake though, but it is something i’d consider.

🙂

wilburt
    Free Member

I’ve only seen a speciaized tarmac advertised as made specificaly for etap, there a was a cannondale supersix at the RL sign on that looked stunning (to me ) very clean with no visible cables, I think clean lines is going to be the new thing.

Both pretty mainstream though.

tomhoward

Go custom?

jonnyboy666
    Free Member

cannondale and specialized, definitely good bikes but i was really hoping for a brand suggestion i hadn’t thought of, i accept i’m likely to have to stay within the bigger brands to get something like i want but i was hoping that someone would think of something i hadn’t.

i have done the custom thing, 3 times, it’s a great experience but horrendously expensive and usually means a long wait! as i am more of a mountain biker generally i was hoping just to find something off the shelf to keep the price sensible(ish) but i don’t think specific etap frames are really about yet

mboy
    Free Member

Having ridden the demo, I’ve got one of these on order…

Any cabling (whether electric or mechanical) enters the frame through the special bar/stem and through the head tube, so running it with Red eTap you have no visible unused holes at all! The fact the bike is a dream to ride too (way more comfortable than any other aero road bike I’ve tried) also helps.

Running a Wilier Zero7 at the moment, which I’ve just fitted eTap to, and that’s an awesome ride too. Only a small blanking plate to fit to hide any evidence of cable routing.

Oh, and eTap… Believe the hype! Nicer to use and more intuitive than Di2, as well as the fact it’s 10 times easier to setup for the mechanic.

globalti
    Free Member

I’d be more interested in the way a bike rode than the way it looked.

Bregante

Don’t know much about them but Merlin have a Di2 KTM Revelator Team frameset for £900

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘thinking about a new road frame, ideas please’ is closed to new replies.