Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Think your morning commute was bad?
  • danielgroves
    Free Member

Try this guys, getting threatened with a gun. http://www.andyrutledge.com/on-almost-getting-shot.html

I’d have shat myself on the spot.

honeybadgerx

Bit on the scary side to say the least, but the guy writing it came across as a bit of a knob to be honest.

danielgroves
    Free Member

I’d agree with that, but still no reason to pull a gun on someone. You have been interesting to see video footage from a helmet cam or something to see how accurate the words are.

m0rk
    Free Member

Thought it was a story about riding in the New Forest this weekend 🙁

martinhutch

I got the impression that he didn’t even report it to the cops 😯

thegeneralist
    Free Member

the guy writing it came across as a bit of a knob to be honest.

You’re joking right. Some lowlife scum pulls a gun on someone and you think the victim comes across as a bit of a knob.

hmmm

leffeboy

Knobs can have guns pulled on them too

althepal

Is he Jack Reacher? Surprised he didn’t take him down and make sure he won’t ever be able to point a gun at anyone again!

danielgroves
    Free Member

You’re joking right. Some lowlife scum pulls a gun on someone and you think the victim comes across as a bit of a knob.

To be honest I think it;s stupid to torment anyone who has a gun in their hand. It could have been enough to tip him over the edge, in this case the author got lucky and the guy did a runner instead.

Is he Jack Reacher?

Guys called Andy Rutledge

chrismanc
    Free Member

Come on this is Americans you’re talking about. Not just you’re average American a..texan!!

In all reality though im sure this is a very rare event and I bet its the first and maybe last time it will happen.

I also agree the guy sounds a knob…”you’re about to bite off more than you chew..boy”….he deserved it ha!!

Drac

you’re about to bite off more than you chew..boy

To me sounds a load of bull, probably didn’t happen much like that at all.

cookeaa

TBF it does read more like the edited highlights from one side of the event…

The author is painting himself as some sort of semi-action hero Lord of bravery claiming to be able to read the body language of gun toting Texan nut bars sufficiently well to feel all self assured in taunting the fella into acceptance of his own cowardice and running off in shame. He then sachets on with his ride barely phased and not really bothered enough to call the Rozzers?

I’m sure he acquitted himself admirably but it does read like he’s got a bit of a “Big Man” self image.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Think your morning commute was bad?’ is closed to new replies.