• This topic has 32 replies, 28 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by uwe-r.
Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)
  • Think my toe nails coming off…..just leave it?
  • oldgit
    Free Member

Whacked it on a hidden stump this summer (we’ve all done that right)

Been purple for ages and hasn’t grown, now it’s lighter and defo loose. Do I just leave it to fall off?

jam-bo

no matter how loose it feels, there will be one bit that is really, really not…

piemonster

Yeh, if you need to ask.

It’s not ready.

hugo
    Free Member

Yes, tape it and leave it as long as possible. It will protect it and will fall off totally naturally eventually.

Kuco

Get the pliers out and yank it off, then come back and lets us all know how it went 😀

oldgit
    Free Member

How about this. I never suffer from cold feet when riding, as in I can do all winter in plain socks and shoes.
    This year that foot has been suffering the toes have gone white…related?

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Post pictures of it

mogrim

I get that after ultras/marathons: just leave it, it’ll fall off when it’s ready.

Or get the pliers out. But film it, please 🙂

enfht
    Free Member

ATNS (Autumn Toe Nail Syndrome) is very common this time of year.

There’s a good and a bad version so fingers crossed.

bikebouy
    Free Member

piedi di formaggio – Member
    Post pictures of it

Yeah do that, but on another site please 😯

chip
    Free Member

I ripped a finger nail off with a jigsaw once.
    Forget the pliers and break out the power tools.

martinhutch

Pictures! Now!

Merak

To reiterate, this particular thread is useless without pictures.

bigblackheinoustoe
    Free Member

‘ere I posted pictures of my fallen off toe nail and they got removed. I’ll be a little miffed if Mr or Mrs or maybe even Miss Singletrackworld let’s you do it too. Still I’m all for it. We need pictures.

robgclarkson
    Free Member

Kuco – Member
    Get the pliers out and yank it off, then come back and lets us all know how it went 😀

please do this, but film it….

oldgit
    Free Member

Getting looser
    😮

mboy
    Free Member

I was 18 and rather scrawny, playing rugby for my local 2nd team, the opposition prop decided it might be funny to stamp all of his 18st+ mass through the end of my big toe… Needless to say it went black and died.

Several months later, and forgetting it was still very loosely attached whilst the new nail was growing underneath, I popped round to a mates house where a few guys were having a kick about in his parents garden. One guy crossed it in, I lunged for it and managed to toe poke the ball in the goal… Or at least I think I did, the keeper may well have saved it. Tears were now streaming down my face and I think I’d collapsed on the floor in agony!

It did however solve the problem…

JoeG
    Free Member

Once it falls off…
    EAT IT!!! :mrgreen:

Frankenstein
    Free Member

Brother in law had the same prob. Kept it taped up and nursed it for a few weeks

Went to the GP who got talking and distracted Brother in law and yanked it off while Brother in law screamed…

Grew back eventually.

Go to your old boy GP…

bigyinn
    Free Member

Managed to rip most of my toenail off earlier this year, left it for a good month to heal initally, then soaked the foot in salty water a few times before going at it with a tweezer and gently working the dead bit of nail free.

dudeofdoom

Arse Ive got one which is black down one side.

Don’t fancy pulling it out though.

ti_pin_man
    Free Member

yeah let it come off naturally if your a wuss, rip it off if youre a real man.

I had frostbite many years back and for a few years my large toe nail fell off occasionally. There’s usually another thinner nail underneath.

turboferret

Any excuse to link to this again 😀

Pliers and a camera is what you need!

Cheers, Rich

MrGreedy

Ask your GP surgery if they have a skin care nurse or similar. I had mine nicely tidied up to prevent infection and the new nail grew back fine in a few weeks.

Kuco

Good work turbo ferret 😀

bigyinn
    Free Member

ARRRGGGHHH!

rumbledethumps
    Free Member

A bloke I work with in the office was on about his toe the other week. Trapped it in his twenties climbing and it went black and fell off. He used to play guitar and reckoned it made a great plectrum. Shortly after telling us this, he offered to brew up for the office. I declined.

stevomcd
    Free Member

Mine was half-on / half-off after a similar incident a few years ago. Taped it up and was thinking it might just survive. Then my Mrs rolled over in her sleep and kicked my foot in the middle of the night… up there with the all-time worst ways to wake up… 😯

surroundedbyhills
    Free Member

It’s 5 days and still no photos…

senorj

no matter how loose it feels, there will be one bit that is really, really not…

So true.
    I once ripped a toenail clean off on a carpet room divider gripperthingy.
    Buggery that hurt.

Is it off yet?

everyone
    Free Member

It’s like a rollercoaster of emotions here.

A horrible horrible rollercoaster.

piemonster

There you go….

Funny, quite fancy a pork scratching…

uwe-r
    Free Member

Mine fell of several months after a marathon, just leave it to work it’s way off

Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)

The topic ‘Think my toe nails coming off…..just leave it?’ is closed to new replies.