Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Think my Garmin 510 has crashed….
  • carlos
    Free Member

Went out yesterday and everything was working fine, same this morning on the way to the Old Dears. Set off from the Old Dears and nowt happened. I turned it off and back on again but it was in train mode and wouldn’t switch to either of the profiles I have pre-stored. Anyway got fed up so just turned it off.

When I got home I tried to upload yesterday’s and this mornings first ride but it kept coming up as no activity to update. It still wouldn’t swap between profiles so I factory reset it hoping to sort it out, but no, that’s not done anything other than reset everything. Then when I’ve tried to create new profiles it comes up with random stuff like bike weight as 6678lbs or my height as 2’6″, oh and the back light won’t stay on for more than a few seconds no matter the setting?

Anyone else had anything similar?

It’s going back to Halfords tomorrow to see what they’ll do, oh and it’s only 5 months old

Cheers

Superficial
    Free Member

Could be a software thing. Have you tried a hard reset or software update?

carlos
    Free Member

Just done a complete update and nothing’s changed. Hard reset??? No idea how to do that.

I’ll take it in later and fingers crossed they don’t say “well have to send it off to Garmin” as I don’t fancy a reconditioned unit. It’s only 5 months old FFS.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    carlos
    Free Member

Well that was easy enough.

Hats off to Halfrauds for sorting me out with a new one, straight off the shelf.

🙂

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Think my Garmin 510 has crashed….’ is closed to new replies.