Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Think my best friend is dieing
  • jumpupanddown
    Free Member

my best frend has lost 3.5 stone in the last two weeks and is addicted to prescription drugs, i mean like 10 blue Valium plus a day plus many other things, she has got a young child, i dont quite know how to cope, on my 4th can of merrydown since 6 , just i knew she was getting thin but shes off to hospital moro, i all ready know her liver is ****, what i dont know how im going to cope with the inevitable 🙁

mamadirt
    Free Member

If she’s off to hospital then hopefully she’s on the right track to sorting the problems. Just focus on giving her the support she’ll need.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

(Thanks, Mods.)

As Mama says, be there for her in support. Talk, listen and just be there for her. Oh, and hitting the bottle won’t help her or you, even if it feels like the only thing to do sometimes.

donsimon
    Free Member

Hospital seems like the place to get the best care and help. Allow yourself a few but you’ll need to be sober and lucid for when she really needs you. Be strong.

Stoatsbrother
    Free Member

3.5 stone in 2 weeks is impossible even with cancer/hepatitis and the iDave diet. That’s 1.5 kg a day. When the average daily calorie requirement, if you ate nothing, would be equivalent to about 220g of tissue loss. What’s really going on here?

Cancer is part of my business. What are we talking here?

allthegear
    Free Member

jumpupanddown – you just need to be there for her – not really to ‘do’ anything, just be there. Life isn’t going to be easy for a while but at least the signs are good if she is getting into hospital – a good start to actually resolving things.

Lok after yourself as well and if you ever need to talk, we’re all around.

Rachel

jumpupanddown
    Free Member

sorry, im young and work in kg, ether way she has lost a shit load of weight she 6 foot 2 and weights about 7 and a half stone 🙁

midlifecrashes

I think this thread could do with starting again. Sounds rough whatever is going on. If it is turning for the worst, be around and offer to help, no scratch that, just plain do stuff for her, tidy the house, fetch the shopping, take her out and about. Talk. Listen. Have a laugh when you can and hold her hand every time you see her. Chin up and grieve when she’s gone.

allthegear
    Free Member

Blimey – I’m 6’2″ and 7 and a half stone is really quite underweight. I’m sure they will be able to help her put on some weight.

Rachel

scaredypants

it’s great that she’s going to hospital, isn’t it – get her the help she sounds like she needs

does she know what’s up and just not telling you, or a mystery to all concerned ?

either way, hopefully the beginning of a turnaround

(as stoatsbrother suggests, sums are wrong somewhere)

just be ready to help. Is her kid going in with her ?

jumpupanddown
    Free Member

thanks for the nice comments, just needed to tell some other human beings

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Addictions in your friends are very difficult to deal with because there is actually very little you can do. Supporting her unconditionally may only prolong the addiction. Provide support yes but don’t enable her addiction. Look after the kids and if needed get social services involved to help and support the kids.

good luck – this is a hard place to be in.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Think my best friend is dieing’ is closed to new replies.