Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Think KWIK FIT Cheadle…Think THE PLAGUE
  • therealhoops
    Free Member

I discovered today that my locking nuts hadn’t been replaced on all four wheels and that they were back in the little box with the key.
    So naturally because of KF’s stringent quality control it was clearly my fault and naturally I’m a LIAR for suggesting they would have forgotten.
    Clearly in the last 11 days the wheel nuts have independently got the key, undone themselves and got back into the box with the key.
    Ian the manager was stand off-ish from the start and I suspect has had the same conversation before. I started the call fairly relaxed but by the end Ian’s attitude had made me mad, he just didn’t wanna know. The wife rang up from home to speak her mind and he accused me of being intimidating!!
    I’d like to enter as my defense anybody that has ever met me.

In summary: NEVER EVER GO THERE

davidjones15
    Free Member

NEVER EVER GO THERE

I find the use of caps aggressive and I personally feel every so slightly intimidated. 😐

therealhoops
    Free Member

sorry 🙁

Let me make it better with a picture of a cute kitten.

uwe-r
    Free Member

Thanks Hoops I am sth manc and will never go there. I wouldn’t on principal but anyway. Try the place opposite the audi garage near the pyramid in stockport. They have always been ok.

chrisdiesel
    Free Member

They usually cross thread the bolts or distroy the lock nut tool !!! At least you can refit them !!!

crikey
    Free Member

Shall we do a charity ride for you?

patriotpro
    Free Member

I wouldn’t take the motor to any of the ‘big-name’ or ‘chain’ franchisee type garages anyway.

But thanks for warning all the same.

fourbanger
    Free Member

So you only had 3 wheelnuts on each wheel?

cardo

They tried to rip me and the other half off a few years ago , saying that the brake discs on our car were worn out… I challenged them and asked to see the discs, the micrometer they were using was a piece of junk and wouldn’t zero and as the discs were supposedly below 8mm the measurement was clearly wrong…(in their favour) they didn’t like being challenged and got pretty shirty when I showed them their mistake. We refused to pay the bill and suggested trading standards to them, paid for the tyre and no charge for the discs! after a bit of a stand off…. I’ve never been back so the loss to KF over the last 8 years is quite a lot of money, now I have a great independent guy who can beat most tyre centre prices and doesn’t try to rip me off.

joolsc
    Free Member

I also live close by but wouldn’t go near them with a barge pole anyway! But thanks for pointing out that even if I was desperate not to go there. 🙂

I’ll make sure I glare disapprovingly at them as I pass…

brodie
    Free Member

Hang on, so they removed the lock nuts (presumably to remove the wheels) and then instead of refitting them they put them in the box with the key? What was filling the holes the lock nuts had been removed from?

therealhoops
    Free Member

So you only had 3 wheelnuts on each wheel?

Just to clarify: Each of my wheels requires 4 nuts + 1 locking nut = 5 total. Each of my wheels had 4 nuts + 0 locking nuts = 4 total.

therealhoops
    Free Member

brodie: nothing was filling the holes, I can’t believe I took so long to spot it.

toby1

Black-circles and local tyre fitters FTW 🙂

**** KwikFit and their awful service.

Oh and check your car before you leave the place!

Popocatapetl

Stockport Gearbox centre at the top of Lancashire hill have been brilliant for the last 5 years i have used them. Highly recommended for servicing. Upfront, time served, old school mechanics 😀

Stockport Gearbox centre.

project
    Free Member

Used Kwik fit, apple, (now gone for ever) and halfords and one thing was consisient , miserable aggressive managers, who obviously failed the customer care course, as bouncers on a rough pub.

Everything on various cars was a common fault, everything was more expensive than they said it would cost, the car was never ready the time they said it would be, never go on a saturday as theyll dismantle it and then no parts till monday, oh and they do have a fixation with new brake pads, discs ,drums and brake cyclinders, all seem to fail at the same time, about 15 minutes after youve left your vehicle there.

marcus7
    Free Member

Gotta say i’ve found an independent guy on our estate and he’s ace, anything wrong with the car and he pops round and tells/ shows the problem and fixes it for a decent price. i probably wouldnt move my company on the basis of that alone, like any “trades” once you’ve found a good one its important to keep hold of ’em. The problem with KF etc is that they mostly dont give a toss and have high staff turnovers which is not good for consistent service never mind good service!!.

sparksmcguff

Not much help to all you peeps way darn south (yeah for me Manchester is the South and anywhere South of that is the DEEEEp South) but up in Aberdeen there’s an ace tyre place called Sillets. The guy who runs it should be employed to change tyres on a formula 1 team. Though it is slightly worrying seeing your car balancing on three jacks!

jet26
    Free Member

Bit far from Manx but this end of the wood head use penistone tyres, can’t fault em and usually cheap.

singletrackmind

KF fitted my Celica with Non ABS discs . They were thinner , thin enough to allow the pads to fall out the calipers . Instant brake failure .

They were good enough to change them for free , but didnt use any brake cleaner on the new ones. The light grease / oil the new ones were packed in then contaminated my new pads.

wakners

hmanchester
    Free Member

That’s pretty shocking. Everyone makes mistakes but at least admit and apologise…

Funnily enough the garage I use is in Cheadle. All word of mouth kind of place, but super honest and has fixed my focus with a couple of tweaks and patch ups when he could have charged me for a anything. Came recommended to me as well and have always done the same happily.

http://www.allensautosltd.com/

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Think KWIK FIT Cheadle…Think THE PLAGUE’ is closed to new replies.