Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • Think I've missed the DX jawbones !
  • trailofdestruction
    Free Member

Can’t find them anywhere on the site, and the page I had bookmarked just gets a 404 error.

http://dx.com/p/fashion-uv400-uv-protection-half-frame-resin-lens-sunglasses-white-gray-58677

Any ideas, have they run out, or am I being a bit fick ?

Don’t suppose anyone’s got a spare set for sale 😉

brakes
    Free Member

I noticed that too – I wanted some ‘spares’ in case they broke.
    I reckon the Oakley Brand Protection Lawyers probably got onto them.

trailofdestruction
    Free Member

Nuts. I just had that thought too. Damn, that’s what you get for procrastinating.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Taff
    Free Member
    trailofdestruction
    Free Member

Well, yes, but I’m a tragic victim of fashion. They must be white to match my shoes.

Yes, I know…

mattythemod
    Free Member

Well, yes, but I’m a tragic victim of fashion. They must be white to match my shoes.

Yes, I know…

Have a butchers on E bay …theres a UK seller who has them in white as well , i ordered some on Monday and got them today …will find you a link in a bit after i sort out the missus !

trailofdestruction
    Free Member

will find you a link in a bit after i sort out the missus !

Thanks dude. Good luck with the…. no, never mind.

mattythemod
    Free Member

[/quote]Thanks dude. Good luck with the…. no, never mind.

Thaa didnt take long …..heres the link mate but be quick as they finish in 3 hours ..oakley fakes[

Taff
    Free Member

They aren’t bad value… Are the lenses the same as DX do you know?

trailofdestruction
    Free Member

Mattythemod, you are a legend. Thanks mate, that’s one set of white foakleys on order.

Taff, I’ll let you know what they’re like when they turn up,I guess I’ll find out how good they are, but hey, at that price you can’t complain too hard.

I noticed they do a full money back guarantee as well.

wrecker
    Free Member

Ok can we get this straight, the correct name for fake oakleys is jokeleys. Always has been.
    Thanks.

chopchop
    Free Member

Are these any good at not misting up as soon as you get a bit hot? All other glasses i’ve tried have been useless!

sofaking
    Free Member

Ok can we get this straight, the correct name for fake oakleys is jokeleys

well mine are called oakley dokleys

fd3chris
    Free Member

Thats odd they have vanished, as i ordered two pairs 11 days ago and my order is stuck on payment processed. i wonder if they are out of stock and i won’t be getting any………. 🙁

trailofdestruction
    Free Member

The thing I’m liking about the ebay rather than the DX “jokeleys” (happy now are we) 😉 is the delivery time. Hope to have mine by the end of the week, rather than the DX delivery time of “some time before xmas”

hexhamstu
    Free Member

I’ll sell mine for £14, never used. White and black.

kenneththecurtain
    Free Member

The advantage of oakleys must either be the high quality optics or the ‘look I’ve got oakleys’ thing.

So what exactly is the appeal of jokeleys?

lyrikal
    Free Member

Kenneth I have compared my jokeleys side by side with a genuine pair of jawbones and can barely see the difference, the lenses have been tested and found to comply with the ANSI standards for UV protection so I guess the attraction is the price.

I have genuine oakleys but just can’t bring myself to use them on the trails but as these ones are only £20 I am not that worried about them, the yellow lenses are great on the trails.

iain1775
    Free Member

I’ve a pair of the DX white (top and arms)/black (the bottom bits) frames I’d be happy to sell for what they cost me, (think it was about £17 but I can check my PayPal account and verify exact conversion rate)
    Totally unused, with all the lenses case etc, I got two pairs to compare colours and I prefer the all black frames
    I’ve changed ear socks around so these now have red ear socks but other than that exactly as you would have got from DX but delivered in a couple of days
    My email is in profile if anyone is interested

mtbfix

Are these things the mtb equivalent of fake LV handbags?

trailofdestruction
    Free Member

Just need a pair of sunnies for the road bike that match my white shoes (once again, yes, I already know), and I’d love a real set of Oakleys, unfortunately I don’t have £100 spare.

Are these things the mtb equivalent of fake LV handbags?

probably

Junkyard
    Free Member

Am i the only one who think they look awful?

mtbfix

I don’t think I’d object to them quite as strongly if they just had the outline of oakleys but they have every detail down to the logos on the inside of the arms. Just smacks of the usual complete disregard for international patents etc that the Chinese (I presume they are Chinese) have. Reminds me of the awful quasi BMW X5 on Top Gear last series.

Gribs

Nope, but the design is comfortable and effective at keeping crap out of my eyes.

mrjmt
    Free Member

Black / Red still in stock in UK warehouse they arrive in a few days. 8)

Junkyard
    Free Member

Just smacks of the usual complete disregard for international patents etc that the Chinese (I presume they are Chinese) have

if you want to pay what is it £70? to uphold this right then go buy some Oakleys- nothing to stop you

the design is comfortable and effective at keeping crap out of my eyes.

so do my Aldi ones at less than fiver 😉
    the fact I always end up loosing them put me off having good ones tbh

grum
    Free Member

I think they look awful but they’re actually quite comfy and stay in place well, don’t steam up too badly, and as above keep crap out of your eyes well. They know a thing or two about glasses design these Okley chaps. 😉

Rich
    Free Member

ve a butchers on E bay …theres a UK seller who has them in white as well , i ordered some on Monday and got them today …

Did they come with the blue tinted lenses, or orange tinted?

mtbfix

if you want to pay what is it £70? to uphold this right then go buy some Oakleys- nothing to stop you

I have in the past however there are also a diverse range of less expensive glasses on the market that offer equivalent performance for sensible money without blatantly infringing on copyright.

wrecker
    Free Member

I have 4 pairs of genuine Oakleys at home. I used to be a bit of a fan. Unfortunately, Oakleys pricing for sports glasses is now so far removed from reality that I feel no guilt whatsoever in buying rip-offs.
    Can’t ever see myself buying another pair of Oakleys.

sparkyrhino

Ordered black red last on the 3rd arrived on friday, £10.40 ish, dropped a bollock and ordered 2 prs, well impressed with them ,i look a rite ****t in them but i dont care

Taff
    Free Member

,i look a rite ****t in them but i dont care

erm.. we’ll be the judge of that. Picture please…

honourablegeorge

Do the sell lenses for real Jawbones?

mattythemod
    Free Member

Did they come with the blue tinted lenses, or orange tinted?

orange tint mate

Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)

The topic ‘Think I've missed the DX jawbones !’ is closed to new replies.