Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Think I've made my van difficult to sell…
  • billysugger
    Free Member

By keeping it too tidy and carpeting it.

Who’d have thought it.

I’ve spoken to a few people that just want these kinds of van as mobile tool boxes boxes..Might get lucky and drop on the right person. Don’t think it’s overpriced…

http://vans.autotrader.co.uk/used-vans/vauxhall/vivaro/2008-vauxhall-vivaro-2-0cdti-115ps-2700-euro-iv-swb-panel-van-1995c-diesel-halifax-vfpa-2c929b9c4e92b442014ea62d84fa5b7a

Three_Fish
    Free Member

Have you ever used, or considered using, the phrase “it puts the lotion in the basket”?

breadcrumb

The most thinly veiled for sale ad goes to…

thebrowndog
    Free Member

Dude that is nice work. How many cans of spray adhesive did you get through on that puppy?

trail_rat
    Free Member

Thinly veiled advert

30seconds on google suggests its about 1500over priced.- which makes that a very expensive valet and carpet.

Its well below average milage – which most folk have learned isnt the good thing it was once viewed as

bigblackshed

It’s not even veiled, let alone thinly.

OP. So it’s boarded and carpeted but still has a full bulkhead? Defeats the object unless you fit single captains chairs in the front. And it’s not a T5.

martinhutch

Have you really carpeted the table? I suppose there may be a niche market for that among Jack Nicholson film fans.

kayla1
    Free Member

😆

Link.

myti
    Free Member

I don’t get it…….

JAG

Is it just me who gets a picture of Del Boys Reliant Robin van when they clcik on that link???

8) 😆 very clever who ever did that!

flowerpower
    Free Member

😆 good one!

cranberry
    Free Member

IT looks nice and airy:

IanMunro
    Free Member

Lovely Jubbly.

angeldust
    Free Member

Its well below average milage – which most folk have learned isnt the good thing it was once viewed as

Are you confusing ‘most folk’ with the views of a few sanctimonious internet warriors on here?

codybrennan
    Free Member

You’ve unfortunately made it fall between 2 stools: its neither a camper (although its been priced as in that ballpark) or a builders van, which confuses your potential audience.

You need to decide who you’re aiming this at, then make the changes.

chakaping
    Free Member

The main change needed is the price. More like £5k IMO.

Not just spouting off, I own a similar vintage Vivaro myself and did a fair bit of shopping around.

tomd
    Free Member

OP. So it’s boarded and carpeted but still has a full bulkhead? Defeats the object unless you fit single captains chairs in the front. And it’s not a T5.

Bulkhead to keep things in the back from getting into the front
    Carpet to muffle sounds from the van.

Basically it’s a kidnapping van. OP you’re marketing it wrong, the criminal underworld should be all over this.

billysugger
    Free Member

So it needs to go on cars4kidnappers.com then.

Or more realistically drop the price a bit. I know there are others on there of a similar mileage and age for more which don’t have the reassurance that the injectors are under warranty for 50k.

I suppose these vans could be raising little interest too.

deepreddave
    Free Member

Looks perfect for use as a Del-ivery van….

bigblackshed

tomd – Member
    Bulkhead to keep things in the back from getting into the front
    Carpet to muffle sounds from the van.
    Basically it’s a kidnapping van. OP you’re marketing it wrong, the criminal underworld should be all over this.

But Shirley having the back of the van rubber coated would be easier to clean? Carpet will harbour too much DNA evidence.

chakaping
    Free Member

Do the others have aircon, leccy windows and alloys?

And asking prices on Autotrader are a bit on the high side, have you checked sold prices on eBay?

The no VAT thing should work in your favour for a private sale.

Have you considered placing an advert in the STW classifieds?

😉

billysugger
    Free Member

The carpeted table was to stop the dog sliding off when he used to jump up and peer through the opening in the bulkhead.

It’s been perfect for my previous needs,suppose there’s not many people out there that have those needs.

There’s a classifieds section on stw!? 8)

rickon
    Free Member

I’d re-advertise it as £5400 + vat. Youre losing potential buyers who are setting their limits at 5500 or 6000 because they expect vat on top.

trail_rat
    Free Member

Unless he is vat registered then he cant do that.

And no – going by the selling prices of low milage non classics – they is no premium over average milage examples

billysugger
    Free Member

Surely 50k miles less than most others on the market and £2k of new injectors must count for something.

I don’t expect strong money for a bit of carpet

konabunny
    Free Member

imvho “just spent two grand on repairs” is not a selling point. I know other people will think “aha that’s something I don’t need to worry about failing in the future” but to me (perhaps irrationally) it sounds like “this is a vehicle that has already required ruinously expensive fixing so there is other stuff that will need fixed”. sorry – not saying this is the right way to buy cars but it’s just how I think…

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘Think I've made my van difficult to sell…’ is closed to new replies.