Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 88 total)
  • Think I've just been cased.
  • oldgit
    Free Member

While I was washing my cross bike. Some lads walked past, then came back and up my drive and asked for the time.
    Took a good look in the garage. I told the guy to check the mobile he was holding.
    Moved the race bike to work. Taken the Ti racer, crosser and retro Italian bike indoors. Locked the MTB to my old fixie and have set up a baracade.

mrblobby
    Free Member

Be ready for them when they come…

piemonster

I’d be tempted to phone your local cop shop (non emergency number). They may already be aware of a gang casing joints in the fashion you mention.

roadie_in_denial
    Free Member

Is perhaps overkill but it sounds like you’ve taken appropriate action. Lots of locks, lots of lights and lots of alarms are also good moves…as is a particularly large and savage dog.

Zulu-Eleven
    Free Member

leffeboy

Small notice on door saying “I’ve now moved all my bikes and while you were reading this you were photographed”

bad luck 🙁 hope the don’t bother

edit: likin z11’s style but this isn’t colorado

molgrips
    Free Member

Let them come, just booby-trap the garage to trap them til the plod come.

Lummox

slightly less lethal

Alarm mine

robdixon
    Free Member

a couple of these high up enough that they can’t be knocked off, a new alarm box and PIR security light should help – you could get the whole lot for £100.

http://www.maplin.co.uk/imitation-dome-camera-pnp-25-d-589168?c=maplin&utm_source=endeca&utm_medium=endeca_search&utm_campaign=N44KG&utm_content=Dummy+Cameras+%26+Warning+Signs

oldgit
    Free Member

Shame the dogs deaf now.

imnotverygood

Shame the dogs deaf now.

Surely you don’t need to tell him as well. Could you not just draw pictures?

maccruiskeen

Macaulay Culkin published an instructional video on how to deter intruders at christmas time, using a variety of improvised homemade traps, hot irons, marbles and ball-kicking machines.

nealglover
    Free Member

🙂

stumpy01

I’d be getting myself a cheap wireless garage alarm…..

Similar thing happened to me during the summer. Garage door was open. I was about to go out for a ride & was in the back of the garage with no light on fart-arsing about. Looked up to see two scrotes walking up the drive. I reckon they’d seen the door open, but not me ferreting away in the back so thought they’d have a quick look see. I walked as quick as I could out of the garage to put some space between me & the bikes, to hopefully keep them in the dark.

The two scrotes on seeing someone walking out of the garage looked initially shocked, but to their credit they quickly recovered & said they were knocking on doors asking if anyone wanted any odd-jobs doing. I told them I didn’t, and they wandered off.
    I then went for a ride fully expecting my garage door to be wrenched open upon returning, but it wasn’t.

emac65
    Free Member

One reason I never wash my bikes on the front or open the garage door….well,in truth I can’t open the garage door as my junk(the wife’s name for my bikes n’stuff is behind it)…………..

slowmart
    Free Member

Hindsight is a wonderful thing but whip your phone out and take a picture of anyone you find on your property.

maccruiskeen

nealglover
    Free Member

I then went for a ride fully expecting my garage door to be wrenched open upon returning, but it wasn’t.

Maybe they were knocking on doors asking if anyone wanted any odd jobs doing ? 😉

project
    Free Member

Whern we had a workshop,two scumbies asked could they use the rear door to get into next doors garden to retrieve their football, strangely we didnt have a rear door and no entry into the neighbours garden.

But sure enough we got an attempted break in that night, tried pulling the whole window out,but didnt get in thankfully.

Be affraid ,very afraid .

beefheart
    Free Member

Camp out in the garage tonight with a baseball bat.

We now have rights to attack burglars.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Install in your shed;

Sleep sound.

matt_outandabout

Do they need feeding?

v8ninety

Camp out in the garage tonight with a baseball bat. large wrench that you would reasonably have to hand as a makeshift weapon.
    We now have rights to attack burglars.

(Unless of course, you actually play baseball…)

project
    Free Member

If you have a baby monitor and power ion the shed, plug it in and listen.

You could also have a large log fixed to to chains like a kids swing, but held up to the ceiling with thin string, as they open the door the string snaps and the large logs swings down like a fred flintstone effect.

Having a swing in your shed is not illegal.

oldgit
    Free Member

(Unless of course, you actually play baseball…)

No but what’s that game again, the one you play with a massive axe?

crazy-legs

You could also have a large log fixed to to chains like a kids swing, but held up to the ceiling with thin string, as they open the door the string snaps and the large logs swings down like a fred flintstone effect.

Having a swing in your shed is not illegal.

Reminds me of an incident at a friends shed where he kept his little playboat kayak – bit like this one:

suspended from the roof with a rope and pulley system. That caught a burglar one night when the guy broke into the shed and caught one end of the rope, the boat swung down and smacked him on the head. Mate heard a massive bang in the shed and found a very groggy burglar half underneath a canoe. 🙂

Mugboo

We were stood in the drive at my parents which has a bend in it so anyone coming up the first part can’t see round the corner. A lad walked up the drive and stopped when he saw us. He casually asked if it was private or a through road. My dad told him private and as he left he said he seemed like a polite young man.

I knew he was a local scaghead and could clearly see that although one hand was in his jacket pocket, the other was holding the bottom of his coat to hide his tools. Non of this would have been so bad if my dad wasn’t a copper 🙂

Good luck.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Do they need feeding?

If they’re cooking, I’ll be in the queue!

easygirl

Had the same thing a few years ago, but the Shiite got my bike just as I came to the garage door
    He rode off down drive with me chasing on foot, he fell,off and carried on running
    I looked at my bike on the floor, and suddenly realised that I could now catch him.
    Mounted my bike and gave chase shouting, when I catch you in going to twaat you.
    Before I got to him he got into a mini metro, locked the door, as I approached he laughed and gave me the v sign
    The car was stolen and he started to hot wire it.i was more than furious and punched the window, which to my amazement and his shattered.i started to drag him through the window and he threatened to stab me with the screwdriver.i subdued him so he couldn’t stab me , his last words were “ok mate you’ve got your bike back and twaat end me, let me go now, don’t call the police”
    I am the police mate”
    He was arrested and sent to prison for the rest of his suspended sentence
    That was a good day 😀

nealglover
    Free Member

No but what’s that game again, the one you play with a massive axe?

Handball ?

samuri
    Free Member

I won’t even ride up my drive if there’s anyone I don’t know on our road. I’ll just ride straight past our house and do a loop. Come back when they’ve gone.

jamesmio
    Free Member

Not wishing to tempt fate here, but I’m very very glad I live in a low crime area.

rOcKeTdOg

I am the police mate

🙂 best come back ever!

mamadirt
    Free Member

Sorted 😈

Onzadog
    Free Member

It would be terrible if the cable that powers your light were to come loose and rest on the garage door causing it to become live.

TiRed

Does the garage have a door into the house? If not check your bike insurance cover. If it does, check your total house contents cover. We’ve upset our insurance company on account of the significant proportion of the total contents in our garage.

onceinalifetime
    Free Member

Produce your ipad with a pic of rambo whilst stating you’ll take them out, always works on stw as every thread like this gets random but same old pics of marzocchi forks.

KidCragg
    Free Member

Have you got a spare set of bombers to hand?

brakes
    Free Member

put it this way, if you knew your bike was going to break at some point in the near future, would you wait for it to break or would you find the problem, get out your tools, and smash it’s face in?
    you know what to do.

petrieboy

Make sure you tidy away those antique bear traps you’ve been restoring, you wouldn’t want someone to do themselves a mischief on them if you carelessly left them lying around inside your locked garage.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 88 total)

The topic ‘Think I've just been cased.’ is closed to new replies.