Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • think im goner order a ragley
  • lock
    Free Member

after about 3/4 months searching for a new pick i think im goner go with the ragley ti.

the mmm bop was one of my 1st test rides way back and i loved the geometry but thought the back end was to harsh,so ive looked at a few other bikes and been very close to getting a lynskey ,

the reason i wanted a new bike was cause i want gears,something i can do a few races and play but didnt want a jeyed out bike which was fast on fire road but twitchy on the downs and singletrack,and fast bikes are light and light bikes cost alot so i want to ride it alot not just race

so took the mmm bop out again and it is lightish ,it does climb bloody well ,it accelarates really well and is a bloody hooligan on the downs,drops single track

im goner throw a bit of cash at it so its light enough to race and av some good fun with this bike

ojom
    Free Member

Good choice. They are nice wee bikes alas i canny afford one etc.

ahwiles
    Free Member

sshhh! – don't tell 18, but i'm about to order a Blue Pig…

nbt

what size are you getting? might it be worth getting a smaller size and running a longer layback seatpost to give you more comfort at the back end?

jfeb
    Free Member

A layback seatpost?! Don't let Brant hear about it…

nbt

Brant's broked. and he know anyway, he sent me that frame 🙂

Lemurian
    Free Member

The mmmbop is pretty much perfect, rode my friend's for an hour and am now getting myself one in the near future.

lock
    Free Member

i know this bike wasnt made for xc racing but ill only do a handful of races and dont want to be left with a race bike sitting around,
    i reckon i should be able to keep the ti build under 25pounds and just swap tyres for racing

any ti pics anyone

pritcsa
    Free Member

Sorry for the length of post guys but…

I can help with this query, just checked the forum archive and I’ve had my Ragley ti for 8 months now. The good news is that I still love the bike as much as I did after the first few weeks. In fact I like it even more now than I did then. It really is the best technical climbing bike I’ve ever ridden. I can winch myself up silly slopes both long and short that better fitter riders I know can’t make. (ok, the traction from being a lard ass helps but not that much surely.) It’s also changed my attitude to techy downhills. I was always somebody who rathered nadgery tricky downhills to flatter faster stuff but this bike has exaggerated this, now I love finding tricky steep downhills and having a go, I’m amazed at the stuff I’m riding, stuff I wouldn’t have dreamt of a year ago.

Good Points
    Frame quality, been ridden a lot (around 2000 miles) and still in the same condition as when it came. Was worried about the cable holders but they are a great idea, genius.
    Ride Quality, is EXACTLY the bike I was looking for, did some totting up for another forum and had about 15 bikes in 12 years including 5 high end full sussers and a Soda, this bike is so much better than all the others. I can’t envisage at the moment wanting to change it. I can think of theoretical improvements like a tapered headset, integrated headset cups for some people to lower the front end if you want, but at the moment I run a 50mm Thomson with no spacers and a low rise Monkeybar and it’s my perfect height so not relevant for me.

Bad Points.
    It can look a little cheap with no headbadge and self applied stickers, again doesn’t bother me but for some people.
    Also my mate who took it to a trail centre reckoned it wasn’t the best at meandering trails. He loved it up and down but didn’t think it egged him on through the flatter twisty bits. Again, not something I’ve noticed but I think I’ve only been to one trail centre in the 8 months I’ve had it, hate the places.

The only final proviso I’d have is that I’m not really sure that the mmmbop is massively uncomfortable in comparison, with decent size tubeless tyres at the right pressure I’m not convinced you feel any “give” in the frame. And you can buy a lot of very nice kit for 900 quid less.

pritcsa
    Free Member

pics here
    Forum Link

mr_mills
    Free Member

The mmmbop is pretty much perfect

Well said that man.

Slogo
    Free Member

cheers everyone especial you pritcsa.

tomorrow ill be £275 worse off, going to buy one of these i think. shame its blue or green not liking the colours.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘think im goner order a ragley’ is closed to new replies.