Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Think I'm being shafter by Xing.com
  • growinglad
    Free Member

I’d like to ask if anyone has had anything similar and if there is anything I can do.

Last March when I was looking to move job and country I signed up for a paid account with https://www.xing.com/ which is like linkedin…being sh14Tier!

Anyways paid my year subscription and set up a profile. As it turns out complete crap and I think I only once got contacted by a head hunter, where as with linkedin, I receive an email at last once every two weeks from a head hunter.

Anyways, thought nothing more of it. Then I get an email this March saying I have an invoice that I must pay. When I contact them it turns out they are trying to use the card that I set up the account with which has now expired. I contacted them back and said, thanks, but no thanks, I used your service for a year and that was enough, I don’t wish to renew.

I then get told, tough tips, you didn’t inform us two weeks before the year was up and you MUST (and they have been quite aggressive) pay for this invoice. I’ve obviously ticked the agree to the terms and conditions small print where it states the two weeks prior to end of contract, but I can’t help thinking this is a real cheap shot at getting more money out of people.

I replied that this was bang out of order and said how far are they willing to take this…do they really need me telling anyone willing to listen how carp their companies policy is.

They are adamant that I must pay for the coming year…even thought my profile has been deleted by them and if not, the debt will pass to debt collection agency.

The address they have for me is in another country as I’ve moved from Greece, but I still own the property…I really feel like telling them to go poke it, but not sure if any black marks can be placed against my property.

We are talking about 80 euros, so not a tiddly amount just to give away. Do I have a leg to stand on, or have they got me by the short and curlies?

wwaswas

firstly, I’d remove the direct link on your post and just use the name ‘xing’. Any linking only helps their google results.

I suspect you’d need to check with Greek law about how any efforts they make to persue the ‘debt’ is seen as far as your property is concerned but in the UK any court judgements would be against your name and the property as far as credit checks are concerned (anyone else can ask that you be ignored for their own credit checking) and they can’t really put a charge on a property you don’t occupy.

Given they’re a German company trying to persue a debt run up by someone who used to live in Greece and is now in the UK I suspect they’re unlikely to get Interpol on the case and they’ll write it off. Depends how aggresive they are and how much you’re prepared to bluff it out.

joeydeacon
    Free Member

Tell them to sue you in the small claims court. State that you’ll then put in a counter claim, and transfer the court hearing to your local court. You won’t hear from them again.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Think I'm being shafter by Xing.com’ is closed to new replies.