Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Think I'm being ripped off
  • mdavids
    Free Member

Bought one of a pair of tyres being offered in the classified section.

After 6 days I’ve contacted the seller but no reply. Just had a look at his history and he’s still advertising them as a pair.

Should I start naming and shaming and posting on his for sale threads?

oneoneoneone
    Free Member

Ask if any one has had dealings with him.

smell_it
    Free Member

check folks history

I see you have posted on his latest ad which is a good plan. Seems to have been around a while.

mdavids
    Free Member

Well there’s been some contact. I will leave this be for now and update next week one way or another.

fudge9202
    Free Member

The reason for the delay and lack of contact had been the fact that I have spent the week at my 2yr old grandsons bed in hospital as he was rushed in with pneumonia! And as stated to you your item was posted this morning first class. So think you are a bit premature with you comments about being ripped off!

jumpupanddown
    Free Member

The reason for the delay and lack of contact had been the fact that I have spent the week at my 2yr old grandsons bed in hospital as he was rushed in with pneumonia! And as stated to you your item was posted this morning first class. So think you are a bit premature with you comments about being ripped off!

hope hes ok mate 🙂

dirtyrider
    Free Member

you’ve still managed to post a sale thread every day for the last week though

Jamie
    Free Member

you’ve still managed to post a sale thread every day for the last week though

Hospital must have WiFi.

mdavids
    Free Member

Obviously family problems come first but you still managed to find the time to repost the classified ad.

dirtyrider
    Free Member

Hospital must have WiFi.

must have changed their visiting policy as well as only parents can visit out on non visiting hours, usually 2-4 and 6-8

jumpupanddown
    Free Member

i cant believe im saying this but,lay of the guy its only been a **** week. If you dont get them in another week come back and kick off, some one with a ill loved one had might have had other things to do, so what if he posted some adds.

mdavids
    Free Member

You’ve kind of missed the point jumpupanddown.

However I’ll be more than happy to eat humble pie should the need arise.

fudge9202
    Free Member

DIRTYRIDER WE ARE THE CHILD’S NEXT OF KIN, BUT THE REASONS FOR THAT ARE FRANKLY NOT YOUR BUSINESS.

oneoneoneone
    Free Member

Fudge hope you grandson is ok.

Also as the op stated he just wanted to know if any one has delt with him recently, no need for pitch forks, bombers or even tea and cake.

Just my 2p

bullheart
    Free Member

Mantastic
    Free Member

Once again a reason why I don’t use the classified, poor turn around and dealing with someone rather than a shop always leaves a single point of failure. Granted the seller sounds like they have had issues, but if still posting sale items whilst having said issues he/she may want to address their priorities in life.

mdavids
    Free Member

Just to clarify I really dont mind a bit of delay in receiving the goods and I realise 6 days isn’t that long but this isn’t why I started the thread. Its the fact I received no replies to my emails then spotted the item I’d supposedly bought being re-advertised. I think this would set anyones alarm bells ringing.

Whether I receive the goods or not, I’ll think twice before using the classifieds in future and wont pay by paypal gift.

MarkyG82

I’d say give both guys a break.

buyer is/was obviously concerned.

seller has had some issues which are none of our business.

conclusion: sale sorted in the end and we can all go on riding.

nacho
    Free Member

+1 Marky82

Mantastic
    Free Member

Mark and nacho, stop with the sensible approach. Flame the pair of them I say

thehustler
    Free Member

Regardless of family issues for which the seller has my every sympathy, he still hasn’t addressed why he relisted supposedly sold items……

HermanShake
    Free Member

You guys… 😆

But seriously, it’s fixed now. High 5?

Mdavids; I’ve had chaps completely forget they needed to post me something but do right after a week.

Fudge; that’s really shi*t, hope he’s ok.

Frankers
    Free Member

complaining that you haven’t received a tyre after only 6 days really is not worth bitching about or starting a new thread…..

lighten up and stop being so highly strung!!!

Hope you grandson is well Fudge

mdavids
    Free Member

You are totally right…… which is why I stated above that the point of the thread was the lack of contact and the fact he’d re-advertised the item I’d supposedly bought off him.

I was told the tyre would be posted as soon as I’d paid. After 6 days I politely got back in touch to ask if it had been posted and received no reply. I then checked out his profile and spotted that he was trying to sell the same item again.

One of my main considerations was to stop other forum users getting ripped off.

druidh
    Free Member

the hustler – Member
    Regardless of family issues for which the seller has my every sympathy, he still hasn’t addressed why he relisted supposedly sold items……

This.

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

Waited 3 weeks for a tyre that never turned up and then got refund by e-cheque and had to wait another week.

Fudge you don’t seem to do yourself any favours mate.

Kato

There MUST be some wee/shoe interface

Liftman

Looking at the how long to wait classifieds thread it looks like fudge has previous for this kind of thing 😐

ScottChegg
    Free Member

Ah, this explains the thread resurrection on the other thread. Fudge has previous in this area, despite his shouty outrage earlier.

If you can repost a classified ad, you can nip to the Post Office. Bad form, and using a childs health to justify being crap is low.

mdavids
    Free Member

Item arrived today.

Humble pie duly eaten and apologies sent.

Nothing more to add that hasn’t already been said apart from a suggestion to fudge to improve his communication.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)

The topic ‘Think I'm being ripped off’ is closed to new replies.