Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 60 total)
  • Think I might give the news a rest for a bit…
  • bongohoohaa
    Free Member
    yunki
    Free Member

Crazy **** Muslims

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

Crazy **** Muslims

Well done. No really. Who cares if people have died as long as you can win some internet points.

Alpha1653

WTF are you on about Yunki? Unless I’ve completely misunderstood, you’ve just made a best effort to come across as a massive prick. Well done.

yunki
    Free Member

oh, so these people are more important than the thousands of brown people that are dying due to one thing and another around the world bonghoohaha?

**** hypocrite

everything is the fault of the muslims is it?

NO!

Everything is the fault of psychopaths no matter which colour and creed, and posting about some random unexpected act in a random unexpected place does NOT give you the moral high ground

Sorry if my post was callous, but Yeah, I’m trying to score internet points at the moment..
    There are many among us pointing the finger, so if I choose to use your thread to make a point, you’re gonna havta live with it, it’s you’re thread after all

colournoise

Murder is murder. The sooner we stop allowing people to legitimise it in the name of whatever belief the better.

Alpha1653

You realise that Japan isn’t a Muslim country and that religion hasn’t even been mooted as a possible motive?

yunki
    Free Member

yes alpha

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

oh, so these people are more important than the thousands of brown people that are dying due to one thing and another around the world bonghoohaha?

**** hypocrite

everything is the fault of the muslims is it?

NO!

Everything is the fault of psychopaths no matter which colour and creed, and posting about some random unexpected act in a random unexpected place does NOT give you the moral high ground

Sorry if my post was callous, but Yeah, I’m trying to score internet points at the moment..
    There are many among us pointing the finger, so if I choose to use your thread to make a point, you’re gonna havta live with it, it’s you’re thread after all

Like I said. Well done. Spend your internet points wisely. You’ve earned them.

Alpha1653

So your comment of “crazy **** Muslims” just makes you look like you’re jumping to conclusions and thinking that behind every murderous crime is a Muslim. Which is pretty offensive.

Or have I got completely the wrong end of the stick…?

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

Or have I got completely the wrong end of the stick…

I wouldn’t worry about it, Alpha. Both ends of the stick have dog poo on them at this point.

yunki
    Free Member

**** you bongohaaa

you know what my post was about.. it was about the the fact that crazy bastards will attack people regardless of their motives, and too many people people are blaming muslims so to attack me for my comment was bent

waah internet points

yeah sorry alpha… you have completely got the wrong end of the stick

Alpha1653

Whatever mate…

I’m going to presume that this is a continuance of some spat that you two have had elsewhere and that you’re not as rascist and aggressive as you’re currently coming across.

yunki
    Free Member

just satire…. SATIRE

miss placed I guess

my bad
    as you were

there are huge arguments elsewhere on this forum claiming that all psychotic attacks around the world have their basis in Islam, and I find that view vile and repugnant

this thread was a clear indication that psychos are psychos regardless of their beliefs… I took the opportunity to make a point and bonghaaa took umbrage

you’re right
    bedtime

Junkyard
    Free Member

SO OP do you think this thread has helped?

I know what you mean and I know what yunki meant

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

**** you bongohaaa

Well…I might have to deduct some of your internet points.

Not all of them of course. I am not a monster.

I took the opportunity to make a point and bonghaaa took umbrage

If by umbrage you mean I started hurling personal insults and swearing at people, then I guess I did. I’m sorry, I don’t know what came over me.

wilburt
    Free Member

Have they settled down now?

Anyway..news yes it’s Brain Poison innit.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Murder is murder. The sooner we stop allowing people to legitimise it in the name of whatever belief the better.

I don’t understand that. Who is allowed to legitimise it? And what can we do apart from making it illegal?

kimbers
    mikewsmith
    Free Member

I don’t understand that. Who is allowed to legitimise it? And what can we do apart from making it illegal?

ernie – see the difference in the US between “Just another mass shooting” and terrorism and the reaction it gets. There are double standards across the world when it comes to this stuff. Add religion into it and we get terrorism include the entire religion as implicated. Where as without that a lot of these events are the work of somebody who decided they wanted to kill people.

BigDummy
    Free Member

There is (to my mind) much to be said for avoiding daily news, especially on the television.

I am happy to report that the sense of horrifying dread that grips you when you watch awful news-headlines scrolling across the screen evaporates to a large extent if you just spend a few hours reading a weekly instead. I miss some stuff, but a lot of what I miss is awful stuff that I can’t do a thing about. Things that neither I nor anyone else I can do anything about are high on the list of things that it’s not worth knowing too much about at breakfast time.

😐

DezB
    Free Member

There is (to my mind) much to be said for avoiding daily news, especially on the television.. etc.

Exactly how I feel BD.

Charlie Brooker does some good stuff about this. And Chris Morris.

I avoid most of the news. Headlines are enough, I don’t need the detail. Some 3 year old was killed by it’s parents – why do I need to know how they did it? (just an example)

slowoldman

Well I understood yunki’s post. I think!

jambalaya
    Free Member

OP reasonable question to ask. As Big Dummy said there is an argument for avoiding daily news, maybe just catching up on big stuff once a week. There is a news magazine called The Week which gives you a good summary. In the “old days” before the internet most of us went on holiday and never looked at the news or bought an English newspaper.

Personally I like to keep up with events and spend hours every day reading various sources inc original source documents and alternative internet sources. However, I do see an argument for an alternative way

deadkenny
    Free Member

Yunki’s point was made well. That’s exactly the angle news organisations go for until proven otherwise that Muslims weren’t involved and then it becomes a non story.

Like that 18 year on lad in Germany that went on a shooting spree. Once they realised he had no links to “terror” and had just flipped, they lost interest. “Oh, that’s alright then” kind of attitude to mass murder.

Lone crazy person with no terrorist links, or crazy extremist terrorists, they’re all people suffering from mental health issues. The latter group often have issues, feeling of isolation, feeling repressed, depression or lack of belonging and get swept up and obsessed with extreme ideologies.

colournoise

ernie_lynch – Member

Not necessarily this case in Japan, but while we continue to refer to other such events as ‘terrorism’ rather than ‘mass murder’ we continue IMO to give them some legitimacy as terrorists are seen as ideologically driven rather than just psychopathic. Killing for a cause (even one we may not agree with) has very different connotations to killing just because you want a load of innocent people dead.

This type of labelling also clearly fuels (as referred to above in this thread) stereotyping and prejudice.

verses

At the risk of referring to the original article and attempting to satirise that…

Man armed with knives attacks facility in Sagamihara, outside Tokyo, before telling police: ‘It is better that disabled people disappear’

Was it Glenn Hoddle?

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

while we continue to refer to other such events as ‘terrorism’ rather than ‘mass murder’ we continue IMO to give them some legitimacy

Ah ok. Personally I have never thought terrorism was legitimate or that reporting it as such legitimizes it, specially as it is so very clearly illegal. Obviously you think it does to an extent and now I understand your point.

captainsasquatch
    Free Member

I understood yunki’s point.
    My knees are correctly aligned too.

zippykona

Wonder how the murderer will enjoy spending the rest if his days surrounded by the mentally ill?

nonk
    Free Member

Are people really to stupid to get yunkis post !?

Coyote
    Free Member

Good to see how Yunki’s point went whizzing right over peoples heads. Hopefully once the penny drops a few might even apologise to him.

Northwind

Yunki’s post was indistinguishable from the thing it was trying to have a go at so, point not well made imo. Satire needs people to realise you’re not just being a ****, especially when there’s lots of people actually being ****s in exactly the same way. But we got there in the end.

Rolling news just means you hear about things you wouldn’t have in the past. You can take various approaches to this; some folks would say we’re being terrorised, some would say we’ve turned murder into entertainment, some would say it’s better to be more informed, others would say we’re not informed at all, we’re just basking. And plenty of other opinions. Who knows what’s really right, but, what’s definitely true is that we hear about things we wouldn’t have done in the past, and in more detail, and faster, and with photos and cellphone videos. It’s easy to be overwhelmed.

DezB
    Free Member

Was Yunki’s post really appropriate to someone saying “There’s a lot of bad stuff on the news”? If so, then I don’t get it either. Stupid me.

chakaping
    Free Member

I’d skip so-called debate threads on Internet forums instead mate.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

“There’s a lot of bad stuff on the news”? If so, then I don’t get it either. Stupid me.

More related the link and a more in depth (if simply expressed) comment on the state of headline reporting that goes on. I watch and read a lot of news but I also try and avoid the sensationalist stuff and look more in depth. It’s important to know what is going on, the headline/soundbite news is a product of those consuming it, wanting their opinions formed and formulated for instant conversation/judgement when you get to work or so that you can respond and know what flag to put over your facebook profile picture this week.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

I actually thought to myself, just as I turned on the screen this morning, “I wonder what today’s atrocity story is?”

And there it was….

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

I’d skip so-called debate threads on Internet forums instead mate.

They’re on the list.

What pissed on my chips is that I am aware Yunki’s posts was a bleed over from these threads. I try and avoid them to a degree, so to see this thread becoming another one of their [vicious] circle jerks was somewhat perturbing.

johndoh
    Free Member
    nonk
    Free Member

Apologies dez man no offence intended
    I just can’t be doing with the rush to be offended that seems to be becoming a modern illness

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 60 total)

The topic ‘Think I might give the news a rest for a bit…’ is closed to new replies.