Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Think I just Forked my forks :-(
  • carlos
    Free Member

Was out round the Peak today and finished with Jacobs Ladder, I don’t know when or why but they were locked out on the way down, I don’t actually remember locking them out in the first place. Anyway, I took a big’ish hit on a double drop. The result is no resistance in the travel and constantly run as if there is no air in them (They are Rockshox Revalation team Black Box 2010) I checked the pressures and they needed a bit in them and I thought that would sort it. It didn’t 🙁

I’m now thinking blown seals and a service at TF would sort it. Am I on the right track or is it more serious????

Any ideas??

Cheers
    Carl

Jammy111
    Free Member

sounds like you are on the right track. it will be some o-ring that has popped somewhere. you might be able to fix them by taking them apart yourself and then refitting everything.

carlos
    Free Member

Thanks Jammy111. I hope so as can’t afford new forks at the moment. Not confident enough to do a DIY job on them and as they’re due a 12 month sevice I’ll send them off to TF next week

Jammy111
    Free Member

do it yourself, seriously. nothing to it.

manual and instructions are on the SRAM website here: http://www.sram.com/_media/pdf/rockshox/dealers/TM_MY10.pdf

carlos
    Free Member

Humm?? I’ll have a look at all that when I’m in a more sober state. Thanks for it though

mieszko
    Free Member

There is a step by step guide on how to service the forks on Youtube. Have a look at it, then decide whether You’ll be fine with doing it. I had a go on some spare forks and it is actually pretty easy if You have all the tools. I need different bent nose pliers or whatever he’s using in the video but apart from that all You need is some paper towels, a reasonable size plastic bowl (that’s what I used not to get the oil everywhere) and some degreaser Isopropyl alcohol. Basically take them apart and if the seal popped out of place then put it back. have a look on Youtube and see how easy it is. Might feel strange hitting an expensive fork with a rubber mallet. Worst thing that can happen You won’t be able to change the seal but taking them apart and putting back together is really simple.

carlos
    Free Member

Thanks for all the replies, I’ve decided to send them off to TF Tuned (went today and should be back for weekend)this time and get them sorted propper. Maybe when they next need a service I’ll break out the tools and print off the guide.
    Cheers
    Carl

carlos
    Free Member

Well it seems sending them off to TF Tuned WAS a good idea as it’s the whole air sleeve unit thats fubar.

Getting a warranty job on them now off Fisher.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Think I just Forked my forks :-(’ is closed to new replies.