Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Think i caused a crash tonight!
  • muddydwarf
    Free Member

Here’s me on my road bike heading through Waterfoot towards Bacup.
    Side road on the left up ahead, car ready to turn right out of the junction (across my front).
    Car coming the opposite way wants to turn into the same side street, positions itself in the centre of the road ready to turn directly in front of the first vehicle – both vehicles have their indicators on.
    They’ve both seen me, no problem, so i roll straight through the junction and head on.
    The driver of the car in the side street is tracking me with his eyes, head turning as i roll through , his eyes wide.

A couple of seconds later there is a BANG!! I look back and the first car has attempted to drive off without ascertaining that the way is clear, and driven straight into the rear offside quarter of the turning vehicle.

I think it was my ‘I Pay Road Tax’ jersey that upset him! 😆

adjustablewench
    Free Member

Hope you’ll be adding to your jersey collection – one with the slogan ‘should’ve gone to specsavers’ will make his day next time he sees you 🙂

muddydwarf
    Free Member

Perhaps i should have one that reads “Look At The Bloody Road!!”

project
    Free Member

did you flash your lights at any one of them.

flash for cash is the newest scam.

muddydwarf
    Free Member

Strangely enough i DID have flashing lights on the bike even though it was daylight (before 7pm) I use the Exposure Flash and Flare lights as daylight running lights, easily bright enough for that 🙂

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Think i caused a crash tonight!’ is closed to new replies.