Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 146 total)
  • Things you've just found out…
  • Taff
    Free Member

My 6 year nephew thinks that my mrs’ high heeled boots are comfortable. He is also easy to convince about done things like a camp hand at his Dad when he walks in through the front door

scaredypants

Lots of towns & villages in wiltshire have a “slab lane” – apparently it’s where the mass graves were located during the great plague

(‘else I’m very gullible)

leffeboy

one of the main ingredients of Worcestershire sauce it anchovies. Really wasn’t expecting that and had to quickly remove it from our veggie menu

ourmaninthenorth

That DrP doesn’t appear to be aware that “learnt” is a variant of “learned”.

Oh, and that my colleague who’s a bit status conscious has just been demoted…

nukeproofriding
    Free Member

Silent Running made in 1972 is one of the best sci fi films ever. And one of my favorite things in my childhood was all a lie.

First time watching it, and realising most of the best parts of star wars were stolen from it.

user-removed
    Free Member

Not just found out, but; found out in my early teens that the word, “spatula” wasn’t a short version of spectacular.

Much later, in my early 20s, sitting in the pub, I broke out the ‘fact’ that cheese hums in the fridge at night due to bacterial action – that’s what the humming is when you open the fridge door. My mum told me this when i was a kid and I just never questioned it 😳

seadog101

Of the 4 blokes who are my bosses, there is one buffoon, one fool, one numpty, one smart arse, and one BOC.

Shocker.

br
    Free Member

Lots of towns & villages in wiltshire have a “slab lane” – apparently it’s where the mass graves were located during the great plague

Better one for you, usually now Grape Lane…

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gropecunt_Lane

scaredypants

I learnt not so long ago that Threadneedle Street probably wasn’t formerly known as Gropec*** – shame really, since lots of grasping c***s seem to spend their time round there now 😕

PiknMix
    Free Member

There is an arrow in the Fed Ex Logo.

pingu66
    Free Member

Saedog that’s 5?

seadog101

pingu66 – Member
    Saedog that’s 5?

Yes we’re both correct, BOC the collective term for Bunch of C….

Onzadog
    Free Member

I found out from my biomechanist last night that engaging my core isn’t the same as trying to do things while holding it tense and locked.

everything feels so much easier now.

Stiggy

Otters sleep holding hands.

JonBoy
    Free Member

My daughter just ate my breakfast. Turns out she likes cheese and marmite crumpets. Mrs is gaging just watching.

passtherizla
    Free Member

Pineapple isn’t fruit….

bikebouy
    Free Member

When stuff dies, it goes to Devon.

Albanach
    Free Member

I found out from my biomechanist last night that engaging my core isn’t the same as trying to do things while holding it tense and locked.
    everything feels so much easier now.

Interested in hearing more if you care to divulge?

rudebwoy
    Free Member

green rizla’s are not for blind people, but machines !

slowmart
    Free Member

I have a suspected abnormality on the right side of my brain.

it means suspected epilepsy but 30% of tests are not accurate

If i make early Jan without another seizure I only have a 30% chance of a second.

No driving license for 12 months from early November

Now the goods news.

I feel great
    I have the perfect excuse for a new bike purchase
    It’s a beautiful day
    Everything feels and tastes so much sweeter!

xcgb
    Free Member

I just found out that Word’s DOCX file format is a glorified
    ZIP file. Change the extension to ZIP, unzip it, and you’ll
    find all of the document’s original assets, including the
    images as individual files in a folder.

Squidlord
    Free Member

scaredypants – Member
    I learnt not so long ago that Threadneedle Street
    probably wasn’t formerly known as Gropec***

No it wasn’t. But Love Lane was.

IHN

That the film Frost/Nixon is, in fact, a bit dull. I was really disappointed 🙁

That the Croft Trail in Swindon is, in fact, a hoot. I was really surprised 🙂

wwaswas

that when looking at where they needed to add additional armour to WW2 planes they looked at those that came back damaged from raids and added armour to the places where there were no holes found.

This seemed a bit counter intuitive until someone pointed out that the planes being hit in those places weren’t coming back…

Ro5ey
    Free Member

That last night, I was dancing to a Buddy Holly tridute act at a client’s xmas party.

It’s all come flooding back … but all good fun and no harm done.

I’m gonna tell ya, how it’s gonna be…

allthegear
    Free Member

wwaswas – that is really wonderful thinking!!

yunki
    Free Member

When stuff dies, it goes to Devon.

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DGA4vrNgEfQ[/video]

mr-potatohead
    Free Member

Leffeboy, there are veggie alternatives to Worcestor sauce, Hendersons relish is nice or lancashire sauce which is very piquant/ mustardy ,don’t need those nasty salty fish critters.

bencooper
    Free Member

This seemed a bit counter intuitive until someone pointed out that the planes being hit in those places weren’t coming back…

That is pretty clever.

IHN

Hendersons relish

The Hendersons factory was behind my Uni department in Sheffield. It didn’t half pong.

Lovely stuff though.

househusband

Just found out that ‘yum-yums’ are not unique to Greggs the baker.

mattjg
    Free Member

That is pretty clever.

but countered by the German strategy of putting upwards firing guns on their nightfighters. The fighter just needed to fly below the bomber, line up on exhaust flares, and press the button.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schr%C3%A4ge_Musik

fasthaggis

Just found out that city birds are keeping their nests warm and pest free by using old butt ends .

Not this

This

sausagefingers
    Free Member

judith keppel from eggheads is proper sexy

not daphne though,i’m not a pervert

Cougar

one of the main ingredients of Worcestershire sauce it anchovies. Really wasn’t expecting that and had to quickly remove it from our veggie menu

You can get veggie Worcester Sauce, branded “Life free from”.

stevemtb
    Free Member

That you can’t eat fish if you’re a veggie. Who have thunk it???? If chicken isn’t allowed either my veggie diet days are ruined 🙁

Duggan

That CTRL,SHIFT and 4 turns tracking on/off on Word. Very dull but helped me this afternoon.

chojin
    Free Member

I just found out the nurse who answered the prank call from an Australian radio show has just been found dead.
    Presumed suicide.

Horrific.

*edit* and yes, I realise there is a seperate thread regarding this.

qwerty
    Free Member

Apparently Anal dilation causes vagal stimulation.

Can DrP please confirm.

bones76
    Free Member

That apparently the person who took the hoax phone call pretending to be the Queen has killed herself!! Or did she??!! Seems a little strange to me…

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 146 total)

The topic ‘Things you've just found out…’ is closed to new replies.