Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 146 total)
  • Things you've just found out…
  • DrP

So, the guy referring to a hearse as a “hurst” can post here….
    But, I’ll admit it was only yesterday that I ‘learnt’ that smog means/is made up of “smoke and fog”!

Go on then – what daft things have you only recently ‘learnt’, that seem obvious once you’re in the know…

DrP

jockhaggis
    Free Member

Edam cheese is made backwards.

project
    Free Member

That WH Smith, sell a magazine full of pictures of people riding bikes called after this web forum.

Singletrack,

Obviously a copy.

Clobber
    Free Member

The in-laws were staggered to learn that banoffee pie was made of banana and toffee the other day… Quite a revelation…

nukeproofriding
    Free Member

My grandmother was amazed when I told her Amy Winehouse’s name was not in fact Army Warehouse.

jota180
    Free Member

That Hora has a secret room in his house

smiththemainman
    Free Member

9 yr old son ” whats this in the boot dad in this compartment” “Why its a 10 stack cd system” only had the car 4 years and always wanted one of them !!!!

TroutWrestler
    Free Member

I found out today that the Tacoma Narrows bridge collapsed because of Aeroelastic Flutter, not Forced Resonance.

At the weekend my wife found out that not all the carriages on First Scotrail trains are First Class. I couldn’t understand why she wouldn’t let us get onto the carriage – “Not that one, it’s First Class, Oh! They all are”. On the Fife Circle FFS…

sausagefingers
    Free Member

a courgette is a baby marrow.

mind boggling

compositepro
    Free Member

shaving a testicle is harder than you would imagine

Northwind

compositepro – Member

shaving a testicle is harder than you would imagine

Take it out of the bag first, much easier.

Kryton57

jota180 – Member
    That Hora has a secret room in his house

Did he recently have a plumber around?

maccruiskeen

only had the car 4 years and always wanted one of them !!!!

I moved into a new cottage once. On the wall in the kitchen was a switch – flicked the switch and a red light came on but nothing really happened so I flicked it off and ignored it for a couple of years.

The two years on it caught my eye again – flicked it on and off a few times, nothing happened but I left it on and went to work.

Got home and there was a curious gurgling bubbling noise coming for from the attic – turned the tap – hot water – well I’ll be damned! Up til then I’d been running the woodburning stove winter and summer (for bloody hours) just to get a bath or hot water for the washing up.

More recently – I figured out why you have to put £1 in a shopping trolley

mcmoonter
    Free Member

That if you are going to paint the bathroom ceiling with red paint, to remove said tin from the top step of the ladder before moving it.

The shower scene in Psycho doesn’t come close.

Top tip for those pondering cutting up a corpse in the bath, don’t even think about it.

highclimber
    Free Member

in order for me to become a black hole, i’d have to have a density in the order of 10^80kg/m^3

muddydwarf
    Free Member

Top tip for those pondering cutting up a corpse in the bath, don’t even think about it

Freeze the corpse first. Use a circular saw. Use a handheld vac to get rid of frozen chips etc.

thegreatape
    Free Member

But, I’ll admit it was only yesterday that I ‘learnt’ that smog means/is made up of “smoke and fog”!

Radio 2 perchance?

killwillforchips
    Free Member

That Hora and Binners are married. Civil ceremony apparently. Very sweet; they’re planning on adopting a thai lady boy. Bless.

endurobadger
    Free Member

mini cheddars are small cheddar biscuits

quarantine comes from being locked in for 40 days
    rather than triantine for 30 days

it gets dark earlier than you’d think at cwn carn today

cRaNkEnStEin
    Free Member

That Santa doesn’t exist 🙁

mattjg
    Free Member

DadFlu is a virulent sub-strain of ManFlu, incubated in toddlers.

dribbling
    Free Member

I was about 30 when I realised that the pronunciation of “W” was cunningly a description of a double “U”.

Knocked me back for days.

aka_Gilo
    Free Member

Remember being surprised in my teens that it’s Cornwall, not Cormall.

patriotpro
    Free Member

We’re getting an xmas bonus at work – BACK OF THE NET

thegreatape
    Free Member

I was about 25 when it dawned on me what the bog brush was for (trying to piss a skid mark off the bowl at the time).

RustySpanner

muddydwarf – Member

Top tip for those pondering cutting up a corpse in the bath, don’t even think about it

Freeze the corpse first. Use a circular saw. Use a handheld vac to get rid of frozen chips etc.

We have roasties with ours.

yunki
    Free Member

that smorg is a mix of the words smoke and morgue..

hence smorgasbord – where we can find a selection of smoked meats (and cheeses amongst other things)

cRaNkEnStEin
    Free Member

That the principal ingredient in Branston Pickle, rutabaga, is just another name for the humble swede. Found that one out by phoning the helpline number on the side of the jar… it was a slow day.

killwillforchips
    Free Member

Thats a good un yunkie!

😀

neilthewheel

I love visiting this forum! (I haven’t just found that out – just telling you!)

MoreCashThanDash

There are days when I’m really concerned about muddydwarf……

yunki
    Free Member

that the word smegma is a mixture of the words smoke, egg and ma..

make of that what you will..

dawson

That Chris Packham has nerves in his hair, which means it is excruciatingly painful for him to get his hair cut… 😉

RustySpanner

Morrisons Dandelion & Burdock is flavoured with beetroot.

scaredypants

650b is the new 29

davidjones15
    Free Member

That there is an “i” in team.

Houns

Thanks to this forum I realise there’s an arrow in the FedEx logo

njee20
    Free Member

There are actually some good ones in there! Points for quarantine and Branston pickle.

scaredypants

those dreams you have, where you find out that you’re in front of a load of people with only your pants on, are often actually real events that you’ve almost blanked out

dawson

hence your user name eh, Scaredy..

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 146 total)

The topic ‘Things you've just found out…’ is closed to new replies.