Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • Things you're very grateful for…
  • brooess
    Free Member

…that I managed to just give myself ‘soft tissue damage’ when I fell off my bike on Saturday instead of breaking my wrist as I thought I had.
    I’m self-employed and aged 42 so breaking bones is even less amusing than it used to be.

Very, very relieved…

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

That the Doc agreed to let me wait until the end of the summer to get my ankle fused. Summer in the sunshine without a big plaster cast on.

Drac

A new fridge just in time for some hot weather, no more throwing food out way before we should and proper chilled food and drinks.

ton

that i got mended and am able to enjoy my true passion.

jam-bo

That I live in a first world country with all that entails

Including ice cold air con in my car for the drive home.

slackalice
    Free Member

Every day I give thanks for two working arms, legs, eyes, ears and a body that functions as well as can be, where I live, what I occupy my time with and my family. Gratitude goes with attitude and by that I make my world 8)

Amen 😀

rene59
    Free Member

I am a white male living in a first world country. Life is pretty easy.

lemonysam
    Free Member

That I was wearing a full zip jersey for the ride home tonight after a wasp got trapped down my chest. 5 stings is still pretty sore.

j4mie
    Free Member

I was sitting alongside our car on the Safari Rally in 2014, whilst the guys were repairing the damage we’d done driving out the previous stage, and as always happens loads of kids came along to see what was happening.

I was eating an Apple and just like here, I never eat the core. So when I was done, I threw it away into the bushes.

It was swiftly followed by two five year old kids who fought each other over it.

So now I always feel a little bit guilty when I throw my apple cores in the bin. But always very grateful that I can do so without worrying.

Pigface
    Free Member

My health

On Saturday went to a party and met a guy who I hadn’ seen for 25 years. He was a courier in London when I was, a real player, GPz 900 loads of women, fingers in the property game. He had it all.
    Proceed to now utterly crippled with rheumatoid arthritis,

Really he was like Ace Face in Quadrophenia, had it all. Now he has a life of pain.

Life is bloody strange at times.

bikebouy
    Free Member

My Health.
    My Life.
    My Loves.
    My Hates.
    My Passions.

Quite a lot in there. 8)

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Cake, and food in general. I for one am very glad it exits. And cycling lets me enjoy it more!
    WIN-WIN situation! 🙂

loddrik
    Free Member

Great kids and a tollerant wife who allows some leeway for my utter laziness. She’s pretty hot too.

perchypanther
    Free Member

That I’ve never had to go a single day of my life without anything that I genuinely need.

That my kids haven’t had to go a single day of theirs without anything that they genuinely want.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

My 2 boys (blokes now though!)
    & Mrs Gruntfuttock who is the most patient, nicest person you could wish to meet.

granny_ring

That the arsehole driving a white van the other week overtaking another van on a blind bend and heading right towards me managed to cut in just in time a yard or two in front of me.

Tw#t.

egb81
    Free Member

Health, family and friends. In hard times those three prove their worth over and over.

chewkw
    Free Member

I am grateful that the world is not ruled entirely by ZMs. 😀

molgrips
    Free Member

A job I am actually into.

TiRed

BRAF-MEK inhibitors

jimmy

The health of my daughter born on Saturday. Pretty much all for now.

Tracker1972
    Free Member

Congratulations Jimmy! I too would like to express my gratitude for the two little life changers in my life, and their mum. Combine that with a job that I am growing to like more rather than less and generally decent health and its all looking OK.

toppers3933
    Free Member

loddrik – Member
    Great kids and a tollerant wife who allows some leeway for my utter laziness. She’s pretty hot too.
    POSTED 4 HOURS AGO #

This.

pitduck
    Free Member

(not ruled entirely by ZMs.)yet 😕

mikewsmith
    Free Member

That this time the damage was to my left hand not my right as it normally is
    That I live in a proper democracy
    I can look after myself
    Bicycles

trail_rat
    Free Member

That my dad walked away( after being checked over) from a head on motorcycle crash i with a sprinter van in france last week, with little more than cuts and bruises.

Could have been a vary shitty time instead of a happy time- getting married in 2 weeks.

onehundredthidiot

After walking through a township in Ndola, northern Zambia, everything I have at home, even bills and the knowledge the tax I pay does some good to my fellow citizens.

If that’s too trite, the very cold beer I had last night.

Harry_the_Spider

Insulin.

senorj

That the tree branch I crashed into yesterday only gave me a black eye & scratched pupil , rather than piercing my eyeball. 😳

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

That my body is still mostly working. For fathers day malt.

fasthaggis

The ability to connect.
    #lifeisawesome

Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)

The topic ‘Things you're very grateful for…’ is closed to new replies.