Viewing 32 posts - 41 through 72 (of 72 total)
  • Things you used to do but would now hate
  • lunge

Bad night clubs – used to be fun, no longer.
    Cheap lager – I’ll pay more for something good now.
    Crashing at people’s houses – now I either get a cab home or a hotel.
    Cars – now an expensive tool that I rent not buy.
    Red Bull – formerly on expensive habit, not foul sugary crap

bikebouy
    Free Member

Racing a road bike. I used to do it, it’d be on the front pulling hard all day for the glory boys.

What a total waste of time and effort.

Bitter, me? Oh yes 😆

hopeychondriact
    Free Member

How rude are we allowed to go on this thread I wonder… :mrgreen:

chip
    Free Member

Getting off my face,
    Now I don’t like not being in full control of my faculties even in the slightest.

chip
    Free Member

Doner kebabs.

chip
    Free Member

Used to love watching formula 1 when I used to smoke weed. But since giving up the ‘erb F1 is of no interest to me.

bearnecessities

How rude are we allowed to go on this thread I wonder.

You’re going to say spaffing thinking about Carol Vorderman aren’t you?

yunki
    Free Member

Listening to heavy metal

pictonroad

Drink Carling or carlsberg, can’t think of anything else…

hopeychondriact
    Free Member

close bearni, more like going down on a lady as it was classed as just experimentation back then but is actually pretty nasty nowadays, maybe my taste has since changed.

😆

chewkw
    Free Member

Listening to music.
    Clubbing.
    Watch sports on telly.

LadyGresley
    Free Member

Gauloises, Disque Bleu and Gitanes. Mind you, now I think about it, if I started smoking again, I possibly wouldn’t hate them…

bone_idle
    Free Member

E

onlysteel
    Free Member

Eat cheese.

yunki
    Free Member

going down on a lady as it was classed as just experimentation back then but is actually pretty nasty nowadays

what the heck!!!!???

Nasty?

It’s one of life’s finest pleasures

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

He thought so….

…I’m scared now.

joshvegas
    Free Member

I’m not over enthusiastic about going back to shitting in nappies

hopeychondriact
    Free Member

Yunki!

I’m not sure whether to answer you this but perhaps you get them fresh and clean but I always seem to get that sour salty taste from making them cough squirt cough.

It royally put me off now, so am going to refrain from diving.

Please be my guest and go eat some…
    I won’t get jealous!

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

Words fail me. (It won’t last)

chestercopperpot
    Free Member

Human nature/nurture. Most people are two-faced, make the right noises in public, stand for nothing and change their views to suit, support tribal bullying, Schadenfreude and gossip like fishwives; would rather fight and revel in divide than solve anything.

Still it’s not all bad you can research and buy loads of stuff twenty-four-seven really cheap.

tomhoward

Listening to new music. This stopped in 2006.
    Plus a million on music festivals. Checked out loads of line ups this year and,with the exception of download, I’ve heard of a grand total of about 8 of the bands not headlining. That and my body won’t stand sleeping on hard ground for nigh on a week, without proper plumbing.
    3 day+ benders

twinw4ll
    Free Member

Ripping my shirt off and dancing seductively while young women paw my fit body.
    Oh…. hang on ……no…… cancel that.

weeksy

Getting drunk. Even though I love beer, I also love being a bit ‘looser’ but in all honesty, the hangovers are more than I can take.

BillMC

I used to love rock climbing, soloing in particular, can’t take the heights now.
    Used to quite enjoy shopping for clothes, haven’t been inside a clothes shop now for years. It’s good to change.

seadog101

Running, used to think it was ace. Now it just hurts if it lasts more that 15 mins.

lobby_dosser
    Free Member

Going to heavy rock gigs.
    Going to nightclubs and ‘disco’ drugs
    Smoking
    All day pub sessions.
    Smoking dope.
    Walking dogs.

grum
    Free Member

People talking about festivals – what you’re actually talking about is massive festivals. There’s absolutely brilliant small festivals out there that are friendly, have great sound, beautiful art/decor, and lovely food/decent beers at normal pub prices. Eden festival in Scotland for instance. 5-10 mins walk from your tent to the stages too. I’m going to Kelburn Garden Party this weekend which I’ve heard is similar.

People get drawn in by wanting to see massive names headlining festivals – that’s not really important to me, it’s not usually the things you are looking forward to that you enjoy most anyway. I love festivals with a great atmosphere where you just happen on lots of interesting stuff.

We have a big tent you can stand up in with a queen size double mattress about 2ft high, and put proper sheets/duvet etc on it, it’s properly comfy. We do get to go in the crew/artist camping away from the riff/raff though, which is much more civilised. 🙂

yossarian
    Free Member

+1 for smoking fags

ton

drinking lager.

perchypanther
    Free Member

Eating food in the street.

except ice cream obvs….. and kebabs.

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

Climbing (rock or gym). Used to do it regularly and be pretty good, came back to it after a long break and seem to have lost my eye. Every time I’ve tried it I’ve just got really frustrated and angry with myself, which isn’t what recreation is about.

nedrapier

Ramps and rails on dryslope. (i.e. old school Dendix aka Carpet of Death, aka Diamonds of Dislocation)

Great laugh at the time, though. In between lost skin, whiplash, and joint trauma and bruising in fingers, wrists, elbows, shoulders, back, coccyx, knees…

Can’t imagine why I went off it.

Viewing 32 posts - 41 through 72 (of 72 total)

The topic ‘Things you used to do but would now hate’ is closed to new replies.