• This topic has 145 replies, 93 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by DezB.
Viewing 26 posts - 121 through 146 (of 146 total)
  • Things you think are normal, but other people don't?
  • D0NK

ah it was the legal bit that threw me. are any legal drugs “recreational”?

BikeStyle_Billy
    Free Member

Being 41 and still wanting to listen to, buy and jump around to new music. Why does anyone else my age seem to think they stopped making music in 1985 (or might have stretched themselves to some Take That)

Taking my own lunch to work. And not going out to buy every cup of coffee/tea and instead making my own. With a kettle.

Enjoying doing things at the weekend with my family. Amazing how many colleagues seem to think kids are there to get in their way!

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

ah it was the legal bit that threw me. are any legal drugs “recreational”?

Cigarettes and alcohol I guess.

MadPierre

No one has mentioned the obvious one: posting sh*te on internet forums so complete strangers can read it

rogg
    Free Member

Closing all the windows on an advent calendar, putting it away in the box of Christmas decorations then reusing it again the following December. For a long time I thought everyone did that.

Standing up to wipe is just plain wrong though, you bunch of weirdos.

D0NK

Cigarettes and alcohol I guess.

they’re not drugs, they’re part of a balanced diet, same category as vitamins aren’t they?

yeah ok, so I’m stupid.

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

they’re not drugs, they’re part of a balanced diet, same category as vitamins aren’t they?

🙂

dday

Walking around barefoot, anywhere, everywhere.

chvck
    Free Member

Not being fascinated by engine noises, including plane ones.

tobyToby
    Free Member

Not drinking tea, coffee or any hot drinks really (I’m 37)
    Second wearing shorts at every available opportunity
    Putting a jumper on when I’m cold rather than turning the heating on
    Hating having to drive a car – walk/cycle/train as much as possible
    Having a huge collection of lego (but 4 year old son and all his friends love it!)
    Avoiding McDonalds/BK/KFC liek the plague

Oh, yeah, the tea & coffee and shorts thing for me too.

BikeStyle_Billy
    Free Member

Avoiding McDonalds/BK/KFC x2!

TiRed

Not watching TV. We have two, and a projector. But I seldom watch anything other than the news and occasional sports event.

cheese@4p

Listening to 6 Music rather than Radio 2
    Dancing to Rock n Roll
    Not enjoying watching surgery, fake or otherwise
    Not being interested in the “Wonders of the universe”

donsimon
    Free Member

Stare at people when I travel on public transport.

slimjim78
    Free Member

did anyone else’s palms regularly peel when they were a kid?

wwaswas

did anyone else’s palms regularly peel when they were a kid?

friction related?

slimjim78
    Free Member

no, younger than that particular episode.

Like, huge flaps of skin, just peeling right off. A bit like after sunburn. But only on the palms?

I thought it was normal

Bunnyhop

Not buying bottled water, I alway take a flask or won water bottle,
    still use a milkman,
    have taken my bike into shops too,
    wearing things that aren’t in fashion and are quite old,
    riding bikes with other girls in the dark around remote areas,
    Not drinking alcohol,
    never smoked,
    dislike shopping (unsual for a female)
    don’t have lots of shoes (only the basics)
    don’t have children,
    don’t watch any soap and dislike those sleb type magazines,
    read ST mag in bed
    Am also a technophobe and don’t understand most computers or videos, dvd players etc.

porter_jamie

Cougar – Member
    Mate of mine doesn’t drink. The number of people astounded by this simple concept is incredible.

POSTED 18 HOURS AGO # REPORT-POST
    I don’t drink. At all. Some people struggle a bit with that. Over the years you learn how make them shut up about it politely.
    I’m really not into football.
    I don’t covet a fancy car, even though i am an automotive engineer, I drive a beat up old T4. Looks a bit odd in a restaurant car park etc!
    I don’t understand how people cope not having a lathe and milling machine.

aracer
    Free Member

Riding a unicycle on the schoolrun or to go to the shops in town – if you’re going to take your transport into the shops with you, then it’s far less hassle than a bike (and most people don’t even seem to notice you’ve got it with you).

Also don’t drink tea or coffee (well occasionally to be sociable, as I don’t hate it, just not bothered).
    Unsurprisingly I also use a bike for transport to levels other people consider abnormal, even if I’m an amateur compared to some of you (though I do always get shocked reactions when people find out I live 7 miles away after turning up at Tumble Tots with little one in a bike trailer).

ononeorange

– Trying to avoid using car (not sure why we have it really – oh yes, to occasionally transport bikes);
    – Not having fancy TVs, Sky, all that stuff;
    – Go into a panic as soon as the “Football Conversation” starts – I have no interest nor idea how to respond;
    – My work colleagues (except one) think I am utterly insane as I play on bikes when I’m not in work and often fall off.
    – Being convinced that next door’s cat is Satan.

scu98rkr
    Free Member

Its funny the amount of repetition on this thread. Would seem like the things people think are less than normal are actually fairly normal.

Expect the not drinking tea/coffee that is weird.

khani
    Free Member

Fred… 😀

cudubh

Not being remotely interested in all of the clebrity famous for being famous nonsene. I am quite pleased to be able to say ‘who is that person’ when the chat starts at work or some Z list sleb is on the telly or in the paper.

DezB
    Free Member

Not being remotely interested in all of the celebrity famous for being famous nonsense

I think you’ll find most people with a brain think that’s normal.

Viewing 26 posts - 121 through 146 (of 146 total)

The topic ‘Things you think are normal, but other people don't?’ is closed to new replies.