• This topic has 145 replies, 93 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by DezB.
Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 146 total)
  • Things you think are normal, but other people don't?
  • BoardinBob

Wiping from back to front

wrecker
    Free Member

are baggy shorts and camelbacks cooler than lycra?

Infinitely. Even if baggy shorts are uncool, they’re still far, far cooler than lycra.

wwaswas

Even if baggy shorts are uncool, they’re still far, far cooler than lycra.

a cool cyclist shredding the gnar;

turboferret

Getting up before 5am 6 days a week to either cycle, swim, run or a combination of the above!

Cheers, Rich

Actually, on second thoughts I don’t think I am normal 😆

hora
    Free Member

a cool cyclist shredding the gna

Fashion-wise thats bang on 😆

tracknicko
    Free Member

yeh damn cool that!

spando
    Free Member

+1 for wiping back to front 😀
    Wearing mtb helmet, with full lycra and camel pack on a road bike 🙄
    Doing stuff in the rain when everyone is indoors moaning.
    Only having a 20 inch tv
    Chocolate biscuits in the morning with a brew 😀

wrecker
    Free Member

And still many magnitudes of cool cooler than the chap in the white lycra up there^^^^^^

metalheart
    Free Member

Walking everywhere you practically can. Instead of taking the car just to nip down the shop or something.

It takes half an hour to get to the post office if I walk. Taking the car after work it’ll take minimum 15 mins and that’s assuming I can find a parking space… And I’d be sat in queuing traffic for most of that.

mefty
    Free Member

Not as in the sadly now rather tawdry tailor that once was Thomas Pink, but shirts in the colour pink.

No connection with the original tailor, the shirt business was founded in the mid 1980s by three Irish brothers – just smart marketing – no significant history whatsoever, probably explains their inability to make a decent shirt.

stgeorge

Regularly falling off my bike/crashing at 54 years of age

hjghg5
    Free Member

Walking, definitely. I’m constantly amazed at how many colleagues get a taxi from the office to the station or other places in Leeds city centre.

Also not expecting to be able to park right outside everywhere and being prepared to walk the last bit. A couple of years ago there was a bit of fuss kicked up at work because they wouldn’t subsidise parking in the ncp next door for junior staff (senior staff get a pass as part of their package). When I was junior I got the bus or parked outside the city centre and walked in, and for the first year of being entitled to parking I didn’t even have a car! But apparently it was unacceptable. Admittedly the car park is stupidly expensive, but no-one’s making them park there.

ton

a intense hatred of anything football.

lunge

Pink Bengal stripe here.

Wearing shorts from April to September irrelevant of the weather.

BoardinBob

Wearing shorts from April to September all year round irrelevant of the weather

footflaps

a intense hatred of anything football.

You mean that’s not normal?

Mr_C
    Free Member

Pot Noodle sandwiches

donsimon
    Free Member

Wearing shorts from April to September irrelevant of the weather.

Caring about my spelling, grammar and vocabulary. 😐

coffeeking
    Free Member

Car parts in the dishwasher.
    Having a tool for that, whatever “that” is.
    Having an electronics lab in the spare room, rather than a spare bed.

hora
    Free Member

Drinking Carnation milk straight out of the tin.

scu98rkr
    Free Member

Pink shirts.

to me they indicate your probably southern and probably somewhat above working class. Nothing to do with sexuality.

ahwiles
    Free Member

tea without milk.

you wouldn’t believe the commotion at work when people found out.

jojoA1
    Free Member

Walking to the supermarket and carryi ng stuff home in a rucksack.
    Going on holiday and completely knackering myself riding a bike every day rather than lying on a beach with a crappy novel.
    Fixing bikes in the kitchen
    Not wanting to host ‘pampered chef’ home selling type parties

wwaswas

tea without milk.

now *that* is weird.

MadPierre

Being vegetarian.

Loving football AND cycling.

Not having any children.

A preference for ale over lager.

etc

bikebouy
    Free Member

I’m deffo up for TisPSSTWday*

*Tuesday is Pink Shirt STW Day

Next week I have a cracker, needs washing mind but still.. I can do that, wash I mean.

HansRey

carrying my new mtb up the stairs to my office, instead of leaving it outside. They wonder why i don’t lock it up with the BSOs, and why i’d need such an expensive lock. Silly finns.

Konastoner
    Free Member

This thread has to be brought down a peg or 2, far too much talk of Lycra and pink.

Smelling ones own farts and eating ones bogies, pretty normal I’d say.

Ooh and chewing toenails, nearly forgot that one. It really drives the wife mad.

Over and out!

Cougar

Pot Noodle sandwiches

Ooh. I like the cut of your jib. I shall try that and report back.

Having a tool for that, whatever “that” is.

Substitute ‘tool’ for cable. Should you ever need to connect a Psion 5 to a 1967 Corvette or plug an MRI machine into a ZX Spectrum, I’ve probably got the correct cable somewhere, or sufficient ‘ends’ to make one up.

to me they indicate your probably southern and probably somewhat above working class. Nothing to do with sexuality.

Surely if that’s what it indicates then it’s everything to do with sexuality? (-:

whatnobeer
    Free Member

Pink shirt here too.

Apparently the way I wash up isnt up to scratch (hot water+detergent in a big bowl, scrub and rinse??) and things that get used every day like coffee, olive oil, salt and pepper need to go in the cupboard rather than be left on the work top? Or maybe its just my other flat mate who’s weird.

29erKeith
    Free Member

Not wanting the AC on in the office at 26 degrees heat all bloody summer, or in fact at any time.

Riding to work in any weather or even worse running to work

wearing short all year regardless of the weather as above

wwaswas

Ooh and chewing toenails

your own or other peoples?

thomthumb
    Free Member

sleeping in the woods with my mates, my bike, a pot noodle & a hip flask of whiskey at weekends or bivvying.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Wearing mtb helmet, with full lycra and camel pack on a road bike

There’s a wiggle advert in the back of Cycling Weekly that made me think of STW last week. Anyone else seen it? Guy in baggies and T looking epicaly sweaty whilst guy in mathcing kit breezes past.

surroundedbyhills
    Free Member

There’s a wiggle advert in the back of Cycling Weekly that made me think of STW last week. Anyone else seen it? Guy in baggies and T looking epicaly sweaty whilst guy in mathcing kit breezes past

In Cyclesport too defo an attempt to drive an even bigger wedgie between cool and collected roadies and dirrrty MTBr’s 😀

brakes
    Free Member

cycling to work in the snow
    could any commute to work be MORE exciting?

surroundedbyhills
    Free Member

Cutting my own hair
    Not living in the city
    Not having SKY TV anymore! This caused huge consternation at the weekend when watching the footie at my mates house, you’d think I’d admitted to fellating Terry Wogan or something. Which I hadn’t – for the sake of clarity.
    Chatting on internet forums – plural
    Being able to drive a rear wheel drive car in the snow (edit)
    Having more than 10 bikes in the household.

donsimon
    Free Member

Fellating Terry Wogan, some people find it all a bit odd. 😕

Cougar

I expect it tastes of Bailey’s.

Cougar

Irish cream!

*collapses into giggles*

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 146 total)

The topic ‘Things you think are normal, but other people don't?’ is closed to new replies.