Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 212 total)
  • Things you just don't get.
  • mattyfez

False advertising. It says on the front in big letters there are six in a box, but the small print says there’s only one.

RichPenny
    Free Member

People

nickc

AC-DC

pondo

Cars getting bigger and heavier

Not strictly on-topic but I saw a shiny Mk4 Cortina at Morrisons the other week – when I was a kid, that was a big family car, but it looked TINY, modern Fiesta-sized but with no surfaces that weren’t verticle or horizontal, apart from windscreen and back window.

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

Amen brother. If you’ve got it, flaunt it

That’s sooo US/UK. If you really want effortless cool, you have it and don’t need to flaunt it. 😉

(Coming from a baldie who never took that advice even when I had it! The crunch finally came when I once emerged from the ocean with GF in earshot and some kids on the beach shouted ‘hey Michael Bolton’! <—- true story. Needless to say – I’d sourced clippers by nightfall)

funkmasterp

Lol at Malvern. That would be embarrassing. OT- but a close friend, also bald, and I had a drunken discussion. Would you rather stay bald or have a ginger mullet. Even really inebriated we both chose to stay bald 🙂

teasel
    Free Member

People

…would be my answer, too. I can fathom just about anything else.

If I could grow a full head of hair I’d have a mullet more glorious than 80’s Pat Sharpe, Gaz Topp and Swayze in Point Break combined. It would be a thing of utter beauty. Grown men would weep at the sight of it, knowing that they could never again see something so truly wondrous and women would faint in adoration.

Hang on! Aren’t you that bloke that started a thread the other day after shaving off your somewhat spectacular beard?

If so, you don’t have the face for a mullet. Or hair come to that.

tymbian
    Free Member

Olives….

DezB
    Free Member

I don’t get the point of starting a thread about things you don’t get.

Good contribution for someone who doesn’t get it 😆

I don’t get
    Jazz
    Heavy Metal
    Not indicating
    Tribute bands
    Golf

brassneck

Frank Sinatra

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again.

kayak23

Putting all the dishes in the washing up bowl thereby making washing up more or less impossible.

perchypanther
    Free Member

I don’t get people who don’t get what I get.

They can get to……

grum
    Free Member

David Bowie and Prince.

teasel
    Free Member

Weirdly, I saw an ad for a TV show with someone claiming Prince was seen as the black Bowie.

I didn’t watch the show…

chakaping
    Free Member

The Beatles, apart from Here Comes The Sun.

nickc

erm, so you do get them (but only a little bit?) how does that work?

devash
    Free Member

Funny.

Not funny.

I just don’t get it. Really, what is it all about?

gavinpearce
    Free Member

Mrs Browns boys – agreed… total rubbish.
    Family Guy
    Simpsons
    Soaps
    Privatisation
    Parents who think their kids will be the next amazing top football, rugby, cricket player

finbar
    Free Member

Not recycling.

It’s no effort and it might just do a smidge of good for the planet. So why do so many people willfully not do it?

mundiesmiester
    Free Member

Mrs Browns Boys fans
    Tory voters who claim to be working class
    Qashqai drivers
    Juke drivers

somafunk

It’s a small thing but littering, especially from cars and I just don’t get why folk do it yet I see an ever increasing amount of it every day and I really **** hate it to the point that I feel I’d have absolutely no qualms about taking my clenched fist and repeatedly punching the **** that do it till their face is reduced to a bloody pulp.

I cycle to work, not very far mind you but it’s 4 miles of very pleasant bimbling out of Kirkcudbright (Galloway) to my workplace nr to Twynholm, a really scenic cycle as I climb out of the town and look out over Kirkcudbright bay then progress through a section of enclosed tree lined road known as the beeches and every day I despair at the amount of discarded cans such as Red Bull, monster energy, coke and coffee cups, crisp packets, fish/chip wrappers and just about every imaginable detritus possible littering the verge of the road. Whilst passing all this roadside debris as I cycle to work I often have fantasies (genuinely I really do) of catching someone throwing rubbish out of their window and then finding them later, perhaps parked up in the town and I daydream of stuffing their discarded rubbish down their stupefyingly ignorant pugnacious orifaces till they choke to death on their own discarded rubbish.

I just don’t understand why folk think it is ok to throw their used items, whatever they may be out of their car window.

One of these days I will catch someone doing it….. and I will manage to confront them…..and dependant on their response my actions may land me in court but it will be so **** worth it as I couldn’t give a shit anymore, I see their rubbish every day day of my life littering the countryside around me……….I’ve had enough, I want my “Michael Douglas – Falling Down” moment

genesiscore502011
    Free Member

Facebook

genesiscore502011
    Free Member

Oh and reading the title another way – tiny pops. With a 5 year and only Freeview it was a disaster when it was cut from my regional freeview listing ( I miss paw patrol as well if I am honest)

RobHilton
    Free Member

AC-DC

Me either! Electricity is utterly baffling.

And if you’re on about the band – 4 good songs, 2 terrible singers, lots & lots of filler.

scc999

Mrs Browns Boys again.
    The Office. So not funny.
    People who stand on the stairs at the train station. In rush hour. Constantly getting bumped into by the hordes of commuters heading up or down the stairs.
    People that can’t walk along the pavement in straight bloody line!
    Phone Zombies.
    Grown adults that can’t use recycling bins (put the wrong thing in the wrong bin even when there are huge labels saing what goes where).
    Reality TV.
    Fishing.

RobHilton
    Free Member

People who stand on the stairs at the train station. In rush hour.

People who get on a train/tube/whatever and stand in the doorway.

Wookster

Ricky Gervais……funny in the office….then it became clear that’s just him and all he can do is the awkward character.
    Betting on anything
    Adults chewing with their mouth open

paulneenan76
    Free Member

I don’t get:
    fishing for fun, wtf?
    Deep Purple, deeply cack
    Anal sex
    People that don’t get excited by sex. You’re either doing it wrong or you and your partner are deeply unattractive to each other
    Religion but get the need for a belief system
    How Donald Trump is still President
    People with an utter lack of general knowledge
    Caravans
    Anyone who appreciates the design of the Juke or Mini Paceman
    In car sat navs
    Terminal diseases
    Hunting.

tizzzzle
    Free Member

Private number plates.
    People who don’t indicate at roundabouts.
    Fatbikes

RobHilton
    Free Member

Anal sex
    People that don’t get excited by sex. You’re either doing it wrong…

Maybe you’re doing the first one worng?? :mrgreen:

antigee

lobby_dosser
    Free Member

How the BBC get away with their political bias.
    Iron Maiden
    How selfish, rude and entitled we’ve become. Especially in a car.

spekkie
    Free Member

People who only want to ride down hills.

whitestone
    Free Member

Peter Kaye

sadexpunk

+1

also my wifes apathy to anything going wrong when travelling abroad and acceptance of airport rip-off prices. just packing now, suggested splitting the suitcases in case one gets lost, “nah cant be bothered doing that, never lost one yet”. “until it happens of course”. “shhhhh”
    “you want me to have half the euros in case you lose your purse/bag?” “nah, itll be reet, never had me purse nicked yet”. “until you do of course”. “shhhhh…..”
    “im making some sarnies so i dont have to pay rip-off prices at the airport, want me to make you some?” “naaah, ill just buy something on the plane” grrrrrr……

she just wont play the game :-/

egb81
    Free Member

Putting a smaller, plastic bowl inside the kitchen sink. No one has ever given me a legitimate reason for this. All you’ve got is another greasy bowl that needs cleaning.

whitestone
    Free Member

+1 – I can’t believe how even handed they are – the LibDems must love it.

perchypanther
    Free Member

Putting a smaller, plastic bowl inside the kitchen sink. No one has ever given me a legitimate reason for this.

Stops you scratching an expensive, difficult to replace sink by washing your metal utensils in a cheap, easy to replace sacrificial basin?

It’s a protective layer, like helitape or underpants.

Rorschach
    Free Member

The point………

spacehopper

Putting a smaller, plastic bowl inside the kitchen sink. No one has ever given me a legitimate reason for this. All you’ve got is another greasy bowl that needs cleaning.

they’re also used to reduce the amount of water needed to wash up and still get a good depth of water to wash things in..

and theyre handy for filling with water and taking outside to wash your bike… 😉

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 212 total)

The topic ‘Things you just don't get.’ is closed to new replies.