• This topic has 91 replies, 83 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by Yak.
Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 92 total)
  • Things you have won.
  • WillH

After finishing the inaugural Huka Challenge at Taupo with a distinctly average time (I was just happy to get round), my race number was pulled from the hat and I won an all-expenses trip to Thailand for two. Three nights in Bangkok, seven in Phuket at Club Med. Result 8)

nemesis
    Free Member

Won a year’s supply of Milicano Coffee for me and the same again for a friend which wasn’t bad (it’s lasted longer than a year though).

willard

I won a tennis racket in a raffle when I were a lad and, more recently (actually several years ago) I won a Berretta Urika 212 bore in a random competition.

Lovely shotgun, but just could not get on with it, so swapped it for a Berretta Silver Pigeon 5, which I do get on with and is even more lovely.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    RoterStern
    Free Member

Roter Stern – Member
    I once won a cactus at one MTB event for finishing first!
    How did you get that home??

Very carefully! 🙂

carbonfiend
    Free Member

Two tickets to what turned out to be ‘super Saturday’ at the LDN Olympics. On the finishing straight as well, the Mo Farah race was utterly incredible 🙂

Tracey

Loads of stuff but MTB related. A Santa Cruz Chameleon and a week in Morzine for two. Didn’t even know I had entered the competition.

sandwicheater

BMC t-shirt and riding cap from STW. The t-shirt never arrived 😥

Electric razor and beard trimmer in a beard competition.

igm

The tug o’war at SSUK 2010. Got a bag of various bike related stuff most of which I found useful. The USE bottle opener is a thing of beauty and satisfactorily opened the Leffe 9 last night.

uphillcursing
    Free Member

Don’t think I have ever won anything of any value. Last thing I can remember was a chain at a trials comp.
    Oooh. Just remembered I once won a North Power XT mast extension. That would not have been cheap.

Northwind

I won a yamaha MT-01 branded watch, which was cheap tat but sold for a couple of hundred quid on ebay to a fanboy. Backstage passes to see the Almighty when I was about 15 (great band, also surprisingly mothering). And Bike of the Month from an american motorbike website, quite pleased with that though there was no prize 🙁

andermt
    Free Member

From magazine/online competiotions a few smaller value things like books, pens etc, but most recent was a Bose Soundlink Mini.

From sport got quite a few trophies from Historic Rallying in the 90’s.

tomhoward

A mug for getting the highest score in fantasy f1 for this seasons German GP. (it hasn’t arrived yet)
    Some Lego on the ferry crossing to Denmark (Legoland trip) when I was 8.
    Some magura brake pads for submitting a trials riding tip to MBUK. It wasnt a competition, but they started one on the strength of my submission 🙂 (I didnt have magura brakes, but the pads sold for £10, a lot for a 14/15 year old)

hot_fiat

A load of lego in a competition when I was 5 presented by “local celebrity” Mike Neville. Was very annoyed with the judges who initially didn’t believe I’d built the lovely model oil rig and helicopter. So I took it all to pieces and rebuilt it from scratch.

Won a young engineers competition in my teens with an electric bike I built. Thankfully the battery was flat as otherwise I might have had to demonstrate its woeful 2.5mph top speed.

Crell
    Free Member

A Radio 1 “goody bag” for winning Bits and Pieces at the Ambleside roadshow.
    A pair of socks (2nd prize).

…I think that’s it.

MrSalmon
    Free Member

A Concorde Airfix kit for a drawing (of Concorde) when I was a nipper.
    Some tickets to V festival 97
    £250 of outdoor stuff in a photo competition
    Best is probably a Garmin from the OS a few Christmases ago

timnwild

An afternoon of coaching at Firecrest MTB in Aston Hills off a Singletrack comp, which was brilliant.

A trip to Paris for writing the Huddersfield entry of a student guide to Uni towns. Which turned out a bit awkward.

Long Jump, St. Albans District, 1988. Never bettered.

rendo
    Free Member

£500 worth of Park tools from the first cycling Weekly fantasy tour de france comp. the year Ulrich won.

is Ulrich still recognised as the winner that year, i wonder.

atlaz
    Free Member

I won an A-Team soundtrack on vinyl in Transformers comic when I was 8. Beat that.

jambalaya
    Free Member

A baby blue Vespa. I should post a picture !

Second prize was a mountain bike and I tried to switch but the second placed person had taken it and the company (my employer) had already bought the scooter. I tried to change the colour too and it was going to take 3 months to pass the compulsory driving test (not UK) so I sold it. A good few £1000’s in the bank thank you very much.

tthew

A tent for my one and only race ‘win’ (which was first solo, a pairs team beat me) at a 2 day event in Keswick a couple of years ago.

Some Kneepads off Tuesday Treat a few weeks ago, but they sent 2 left legged ones, I only noticed the second time I used them 😀

DrP

VIP trip to wimbledon finals several years ago – wasn’t even aware I entered that one..
    Mini disc player in a what-hifi comp in my teens….
    Several podium prizes; but that’s not really ‘winning in a competition’ – more just trying harder…

DrP

shifter
    Free Member

Just come home from 12 hours at work to find a £25 cheque from Ernie. Woop!

garage-dweller

Won a couple of charity dinner raffle prizes. A nice little tv/dvd player thing and a £50 curry voucher over the last year or two. I go to a fair few of these with work so guessing I am still a net donater so not sure it counts!

jairaj

My brother won a Sega Mega Drive from Penguin (the chocolate biscuit not the animal). Should’ve been mine but I decided I wanted the the red wrapper not the green one. I was gutted when he opened the wrapper to find a gold ticket inside. 😥

dude
    Free Member

An ixs trail helmet off of here a couple of months ago

jag61

thought i won an argument with mrs g once but just been informed i was second 😕
    Ernie story reminds me, did win £500 once I had long since moved house… mum had died but luckily neighbour sent it on 😀
    Dont forget to let them know when you move !!

MrTall
    Free Member

Back when Bikemagic actually had people on its forum I won a weeks Mtb holiday in one of their competitions.

I had a choice of Italy Spain or France and picked the Picos De Europa trip in Spain. Very nice it was too.

Never won anything since and that was around 12 years ago. Was worth around £500-£600.

Ex girlfriend won a new car in a random draw just for using her credit card. That was about £10k in the late 90’s.

jonathan
    Free Member

I won a set of brakes from Hope on Twitter… that was back when there was less people on Twitter I think 😉

And I won a bike (Saracen Xen 650b) in a Singletrack/Cycle Show draw – kept it for 18 months, rode it about 10 times, sold it last month

boltonjon

£100 on the Premium Bonds when I was 6

Die Hard on VHS from the Daily Express in 1988 – the price tag said it was worth £86 🙂

£8500 on the lottery in 1998

Bugger all since – so I guess my luck has run out 🙁

curiousyellow
    Free Member

Who is Ernie?

racefaceec90

have never actually won anything BUT due to people’s kindness i feel like i have won.

have been given a guitar for nowt by a kind gent called jookychap (he even posted it to me foc 😀

have been bought lunch by the manager of the bike shop i go to numerous times (and i don’t work there/am unemployed 😀

have also been given six jars of rocket fuel coffee foc by an online friend from xbox live 😀

as far as i’m concerned better than £1,000,000 anyday (all of them awesome/kind people 😀

kimbers

has anyone ever won that massive gadget show prize?

Rorschach
    Free Member

I’m up to about £300 in prize money from racing this year (and a nice champs jersey and shiney medal :mrgreen: ) which is about £295 more than I’ve won in the preceding 30 years of riding bikes!
    And a cake.

MrSalmon
    Free Member

Who is Ernie?

Ernie is the computer that chooses who wins on Premium Bonds. Ernie for Electronic Random Number something something.

LoCo
    Free Member

Alva skateboard deck from Sjkateboard magazine when I was 10, still have it.
    Father in laws next door neighbour one a Jag XF from a £10 charity lottery ticket

loddrik
    Free Member

Got 5 numbers on the lottery many years ago, to make matters worse the bonus was 26 whilst I needed 25. I naturally first thought I’d won loads but it was wednedsay and I only ended up with £1500. Better than nothing mind but, in the pre internet era, I was expecting about £60k… 🙁

sazter

An art set through a kellogs comp in the 80’s
    A copy of Charlie and the chocolate factory in 1988
    A pile of fox stuff, inc a GIANT tee from a Dirt top comment thing
    A signed atherton jersey, tee and water bottle
    Some random Vito stuff and a crud catcher

Nothing of value, I should probably stop entering contests for junk!

Edit: The tee was a fox one but for a giant, not a fox giant tee.

cfinnimore
    Free Member

Bottle of Glenfiddich 12, half of 15, mini of 18.

Still, cost me £20 in tombola tickets.

boltonjon

Just remembered – i won a Garmin video camera last year and a £250 meal voucher the year before at my works Xmas piss up

trail_rat
    Free Member

won a trip for 2 to new zealand to do the moonshine trail race thanks to no fuss events.

Was ace – could only stay for 2 weeks but went back later and spent 6 months cycling round the place as it was so awesome 😀

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 92 total)

The topic ‘Things you have won.’ is closed to new replies.