Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Things you have NOT done to keep your other half happy?
  • thered

Opportunities missed?
    Events not attended?
    Bikes not bought?

Make me feel better please.

wwaswas

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9X_ViIPA-Gc[/video]

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Masturbated in front of her friends. It was close but I held off.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Other women not shagged.

ferrals
    Free Member

Not eaten as much lime pickle as I’d have liked.

molgrips
    Free Member

Long bikepacking trips
    Tour Divide
    Walked the Pacific Crest Trail
    Countless expeditions conceived but never done

Not that she would stop me doing any of these things, but a loving relationship is important, and that means I can’t just f-off and do as I please.

To be honest by this point in the relationship I’d probably be able to do some of these things, but then kids came along.

perchypanther
    Free Member

Not slept on my back for the last 19 years.

ourmaninthenorth

When met with a phonecall from her (away with work) stating “I’m going to resign from this awful job right now”

I did not reply “Absolutely darling, do it tomorrow. We’ll find a way of managing”

Instead, I might have said “Great. well, you know I’m out of a job from July so presumably you have something else lined up?”

igm

Stopped eating peanuts. Especially peanut butter.

I’d hate to get home, kiss her hello and trigger an allergic reaction.

Minor sacrifice.

jekkyl

we need more details plz Op, is it football related at all? 😛

thered

I see what you’re saying molgrips but i’m talking about a specific “No”

mintimperial

Cancelled all the biking events I had booked/pencilled in for the rest of the year so I can ferry her down to the other end of the country to see her mother on demand. That’s the rest of the PMBA enduro series and the Fort William Endurance DH among other things. Saves me doing any training, I suppose. 😐

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Punched her

tjagain

Nothing

cloudnine
    Free Member

Not finishing off DIY jobs.. I don’t deliberately do it but ffs.. DIY is so boring but can’t afford to get a man in. But then Mrs cloudnine hatches another major DIY project. So now 70% of the house is 90% finished..

P-Jay
    Free Member

Had a 2nd trip to Whister.
    Kept a motorbike.
    Taken 2/3 job offers that would have meant being unable to do the school run so she could change jobs
    Had any spare cash for 3 years, again because she changed from a job she disliked to one she liked (although is was sold as being a job that was killing her to one that she Loves) which doubled our childcare costs
    Had any spare cash for the 2 years prior to that because she wanted to get married, lavishly, well at least in my book it was.

Compromise they say the the cornerstone of any good relationship 😉

mav12
    Free Member

went to see the boss in Dublin couldn’t get tickets together so still went,

scud
    Free Member

Moved to Norfolk away from family and friends, but it was best for her and my daughter at the time and that’s what counts, miss “proper” mountain biking a lot and the friends that i only see a few times a year from old club, but you gotta do what you gotta do.

footflaps

So now 70% of the house is 90% finished..

Isn’t that normal?

Alphabet

So now 70% of the house is 90% finished..

In my house is 90% of the house is 70% finished

ThePinkster

Buy that ltd. ed. Intense and I’ve not even mentioned it to her.

MoreCashThanDash

Left

SaxonRider

Refrained from travelling as much as I naturally would. I love my home, but if someone proposes a road trip, my inclination is to say yes. Hence, I have not been to Ukraine as much as I would like, and I would also probably spend more time in Belgium if I could.

monkeysfeet
    Free Member

Given up eating Pineapple. 😉

scotroutes

Weird question. I can’t think of a specific thing I’ve decided not to do to keep my Mrs happy. For sure I’d have made lots of different decisions if I’d been single but that’s been my choice. I think some folk are conflating the two.

DezB
    Free Member

Whatever it wasn’t, I failed. 😆

thomthumb
    Free Member

specifically i didn’t go to QE cyclefest this weeked as i owed her a birthday!

136stu
    Free Member

Not slept on my back for the last 19 years.

I feel your pain there brother!

joolsburger
    Free Member

Bought another motorbike but that’s all, she thinks they are dangerous. She isn’t wrong.

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)

The topic ‘Things you have NOT done to keep your other half happy?’ is closed to new replies.