Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Things you find in the woods.
  • 2unfit2ride
    Free Member

Out today on a nice 40'ish mile solo ride, lanes, bridleways & (cough) paths, so I thought as I was in no particular hurry I would just take any gap in a hedge/fence & see where it took me.
    So after a while I came out on a boring road climb, a little way up I saw a gap in the woods & went for it, as it turned out it went nowhere, apart from to this

I thought about it for at least a nano-second, & then went back to the road. As I was going futher up I saw a gap on the other side of the road, and found this

Again, no way through, so I just headed back to the road & carried on climbing.

Is it me, or lots of these places exist, but unless your 'in the know' you just don't hear about them?

Post up your unexpected finds, keep it clean for the forums sake, but if you have anything explicit then email in profile 😉

BigDummy
    Free Member

Dogging, naturally. (Although now this sort of thing now appears in Vogue it has presumably gone so mainstream that no-one cares.) 🙂

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

none of the doggers i've scared look anything like that 😆

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

2unfit2ride, mind if I ask rough location?

sheldona
    Free Member

Found this once, I think it belonged to Explosion in a spaghetti factory?

singlespeedstu

I did wander where that had gone. 😳 😛

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

BD, I wish I found them, I just manage to see 'dogs'

CFH, email me, I'm not about to publish it, it's probably someones pride & joy, but easy access from the A1 about 30 miles from London 😉

RealMan
    Free Member

coastkid
    Free Member

not in the woods but at low tide,
    a police no waiting cone 2 miles from the nearest road..
    http://i399.photobucket.com/albums/pp77/coastkid71/sambeachride067.jpg%5B/IMG%5D%5D
    and a WW2 mini submarine wreck..

fatsimonmk2
    Free Member

quite often come across people like this whilst out on night rides strangley they are normally well into mountain bikes and have had some very sureal chats in the woods at night with guys like the above 😯

Onzadog
    Free Member

BD, mind if I ask the location!

soobalias
    Free Member

2unfit2ride

email me a little more detail if you dont mind

ads-b
    Free Member

St Albans?

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

St Albans is a little nearer the M1, this is very close to the A1 at bit further north.
    Soobalias, can I ask why?, other than the bleeding obvious.
    As I said, it's probably hidden for a reason, not sure I should give it out to someone I don't know, what's you LBS & do you ride with anyone I might know?
    I'm sorry to be cagey, but if the consensus thinks I should tell then I might, but its a bit of a dilemma, how would you feel if it was your spot?

jedi

yeah i know who builds them 🙂

nice trails

MTB-Idle
    Free Member

someone dropped the dead donkey once on Pitch Hill

MTB-Idle
    Free Member

or part of a storm trooper's costume department at the top of 'The Rookery'

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Things you find in the woods.’ is closed to new replies.