Viewing 19 posts - 41 through 59 (of 59 total)
  • Things you do that upset the significant other….
  • Malvern Rider
    Free Member

Overuse of the phrases “don’t mind” and “whatever” (although to be fair, I can see how that is infuriating).

To be fair, I used the phrase ‘to be fair’ once last week and was roundly ridiculed. She claims I picked it up from here. I agreed with that summation. ‘To be fair’ is bloody annoying. It’s either an unthinking meaningless tick, or else a strange admission that normally you would opt not to be ‘fair’ yet this occasion warrants your being so. Harumph.

Frankenstein
    Free Member

Not earning enough money.

cubist
    Free Member

Sleeping with her sister.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Spud

Current one is snoring so much she has to go in other room/ downstairs. Teaching kids bad habits; pulling fingers and farting is humour darling not a bad habit…. Not riding at all – I can’t be arsed and apparently it’s making me grumpy, well more than usual. Working stupid hours at the moment..

chakaping
    Free Member

Flushing toilets with the lid up. Seriously.

Forgetting to tell her about rides I’ve planned.

She’s much more of a slob than me though, so usually the boot is on the other foot.

chakaping
    Free Member

To be fair you sound a bit of a whiny middle class cockbag, Malvern rider.

😉

thegreatape
    Free Member

Responding to her asking things like ‘What do you mean you haven’t walked the dogs?’ with answers like ‘Well, what I mean is, we’ve got two dogs, and they need a walk each day, and I haven’t taken them for one today’ or ‘What do you mean we’ve run out of milk?’ with ‘What I mean is, there’s no milk left’.

It baffles me that she doesn’t seem to understand what to me are very simple and self-explanatory statements, but there you go, she wouldn’t ask what I mean otherwise would she 🙂

Onzadog
    Free Member

BlobOnAStick – Member
    Spending aaaages on here and saying things like ‘there was this thread on STW…..

We shorten it to TWATOS.

twinw4ll
    Free Member

Eating too many eggs, at least two dozen a week, apparently gives the bedroom a sulphurous aroma. 😯

senorj

I’ve just planted some bulbs in the garden with the boy,there was only a white towel handy when we washed our hands.
    😯
    There will be consequences!
    Oh ,”there’s a thread on singletrack” really does her head in too.

stumpy01

Hmmm. Thinking about it, it seems to be just about everything.

It used to be spending time on my hobbies – so bike riding/maintenance , photography etc. would never go down particularly well….
    With less time available these days, I never seem to have time to do any ‘me’ stuff, so tend to concentrate on practical stuff.
    But to be honest, it never seems the right time to do diy, wash the cars, do a spot of gardening either….always feels like I’m doing the wrong thing.

Can’t win….probably needs sorting out, really! 😐

badnewz
    Free Member

Nip that shit in the bud now, soldiers!
    Nagging abhors a vacuum, and will expand to fill it.
    I will not be nagged. It is a golden rule, which I learnt from being with an Italian girl for too many years.

ninfan
    Free Member

Overuse of the phrases “don’t mind” and “whatever” (although to be fair, I can see how that is infuriating).

Thats because of the different interpretations – you say that and you use it in the context of not actually minding… she hears it, and interprets it in the passive-agressive context of how the female of the species uses it 😉

Sleeping with her sister.

More double standards…

wwpaddler
    Free Member

Existing

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Pausing for a nanosecond before launching myself into whatever idiotic and unnecessary task I have just been honoured with.

binners

Devastating the kitchen when I cook

Snoring like a low flying Hercules. Amplified massively when red wine is involved.

Being a dickhead, generally. To be fair to her, this covers most of my waking hours. She must have the patience of a saint. I couldn’t cope with living with me. I’m a ****ing idiot!

From my point of view, the one thing I just cannot get my head around, is when you start watching a film and every actor who comes on screen she says ‘oooooo – what was he in before?’. The goes on to muse over it, then Google it, then muse over it some more.

I don’t give a flying **** what they’ve been in before. I’m watching this. Or trying, at least.

I know other women who also do this. But no blokes. Why? … Just why?

richiethesilverfish
    Free Member

Almost many many other things….

Going out in her ‘girl about town’ Mini One and coming back in a great big fast Alfa Romeo having traded it in.

That went down rather well.

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

Binners was in Sexy Beast, wasn’t he?

*goes to Google*

Mackem

Having an opinion.

Viewing 19 posts - 41 through 59 (of 59 total)

The topic ‘Things you do that upset the significant other….’ is closed to new replies.