Viewing 21 posts - 41 through 61 (of 61 total)
  • Things you do for your kids.
  • FFJA
    Free Member

I’d do anything at all if it meant I could see mine and hear her voice

twinw4ll
    Free Member

Give style advice.

iainc

Both boys did swim team for a while, but it was just too intrusive into life, with 5am starts before school. Now it’s hockey, football and bikes and I coach the latter, so works in ok.

wors

**** all according to wors junior, apart from have a go at him…..

he’s 11 and starting adolescence …. 😈

sharkbait
    Free Member

Make the most of it, time with your kids passes all too quickly.

My three are now 17 and 15 and I look back fondly at the things I used to see a drag.

Thankfully the two youngest are still doing athletics and need carting around, while the eldest has now passed her test, has a car and we barely see her ??

DrJ

**** all according to wors junior, apart from have a go at him…..

he’s 11 and starting adolescence ….

Sympathies, mate – and sorry to tell you, but it gets worse from here 🙁

milky1980
    Free Member

Sit at home counting all the time and money I’ve saved by not having any.

(-:

Same here 8)

Except I’ve just seen how much money was left in my account after last month then spent it on a new set of tyres for one bike, a tubeless repair kit for the one I blew up yesterday on the other bike and am now getting ready to go out for lunch with a few other child-free friends. Meanwhile my facebook feed is full of other friends all running around after their kids with clubs and general chaos being the theme. One has woken up to find their youngest has had 3 front teeth fall out overnight, covering the new bedsheets in blood. On seeing this the little boy promptly threw up all over the bed and floor! Sod getting involved in that.

Regards, a smug milky1980 who has no debts, money to spend on himself and is chilling out with a brew while looking forward to a good, relaxing day :mrgreen:

crosshair
    Free Member

I’m 34 years old, snuggled up on the sofa watching Cars 3 and not feeling guilty about it so put that in your child-free pipe and smoke it Milky 😆

crankboy
    Free Member

Try and follow the plots and characters of star wars and Ninjago. Try and remember which Lego minifigure is which character.
    Become a human punch bag for practising kickboxing techniques.
    In terms of the diary: daily school run , Wednesday Beavers ,Saturday was kick boxing but he is happy now he knows enough to throat punch me.Sunday swimming.
    We try not to have too many “activities” to allow space to do stuff and play.

milky1980
    Free Member

😆

For the record most kids are great I just don’t want one of my own! Much easier to borrow one for an hour then hand them back.

Gunz
    Free Member

My 9 yo boy beat (decimated) me at Halo for the first time yesterday. Proud and frustrated in equal measure. Then we went for a long walk and tonight it’s the robot wars final. It’s like having a half-sized best mate who lives with you, great fun.
    We gave up on nightly sports and activities a while ago as our two kids almost pleaded for some time just to relax and be themselves. Best thing we ever did for them.

epicyclo

One day it will stop.

And then you’ll realise you’re now too old and unfit to do all the things you were going to do…. 🙂

psling
    Free Member

FFJA – Member 
    I’d do anything at all if it meant I could see mine and hear her voice

🙁

You hope to do your best for them really; even when they grow up, they’re still your kids. Grandkids are great too, plus you get to give them back.

ps, my youngest girl’s instrument of choice was the drums, flute would have been heavenly…

molgrips
    Free Member

Just be there for them and let them be kids. If they show an interest in something then I’ll support whatever it is.

That’s how it is in our house, but sometimes kids need encouragement. They are in danger of thinking activities just aren’t something they get to do.

Trying to find things my eldest really wants to do but that we can fit in, now that she’s getting a bit more mature and able to focus on stuff. Best t that also includes indoor and family based activities.

She likes biking but is so afraid of the vaguest bit of tech or gradient it does really limit what she can do. Working on that though.

senorj

I’ve been introducing him to daft punk’ s back catalogue . The missus wasn’t happy about our “rave” at 9a.m. Full volume obvs.ha.

stumpyjon

Went to our eldest’s school Chrstmas Faire yesterday. Left home at 7:30am, got back at 1:30am this morning after doing a 250 mile round trip. Still now she’s boarding at ballet school we dont do 400 miles a week taking her to ballet lessons anymore, cubs and swimming lessons for the other one is easy in comparison.

Costs a fortune and I don’t like my 13 year old daughter living away from home but I couldn’t be more proud at what she’s achieved, to get into the school she’s at is major achievement.

olly2097
    Free Member

Watch peppa pig.
    Make space in my bed.
    Drive home via the level crossing because its super exciting.
    Read Julia Donaldson books.
    Try not to get angry when hands are being smeared all over the nice new TV/sofa etc.

Wouldn’t be without them. Love ’em

MoreCashThanDash

Monday – Gymnastics and Explorers
    Tuesday – looking after them while MrsMC is at Guides
    Wednesday – music lesson
    Thursday – Cubs and Guides
    Friday – Gymnastics and table tennis
    Saturday – Music from 8.30 till 1.

Currently awaiting concert 4 of this year’s Christmas series this afternoon.

Plus there’s governors meetings, Scout Exec meetings, fundraising for music and Scout events…

hodgynd
    Free Member

Used to ferry him all over the North East to play rugby and midweek to training until he chipped a bone in his ankle at the first training session of the new season two seasons ago ..no contact from the club during recuperation period and when he did go back ..it was like he was a leper …he decided himself that was it ..funnily enough his ex coach saw him a little while back couldnt belive how tall he was ( 6’1″..14yr old)and was desperate for him to return. We have done the swimming lessons..Scouts ( not his thing ..other than the activities ) ..he likes mountain biking but not during the winter when if he is not working or seeing mates he is holed up in his room on the PS4..
    We open the hatch occasionally to put food and water in there and to see that he is still breathing .. 😕

cheviots
    Free Member

Taking an unpaid holiday tomorrow as it’s an Inset day at school, Xmas shopping, bit of lunch and probably the cinema in the afternoon will cost a small fortune but worth every penny.

kitebikeski
    Free Member

STILL ferrying youngest (16yo) around, sigh……

This weekend to Feshiebridge with other dads & their similar aged lads – biking (getting left for dead by young uns), wee bit of drinking (which they are better at), karting (getting left in tyre smoke), and generally thinking what a great bunch of lads, and that the effort of dragging em up mountains etc when they were wee was well worth it!

And feeling mighty sad that it’s coming to an end….. FFS how did that happen

PS Not to be sexist – Ditto above for Girl, who’s planning next seasons EWS

Viewing 21 posts - 41 through 61 (of 61 total)

The topic ‘Things you do for your kids.’ is closed to new replies.