Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Things you discover when helping out around the house
  • dannybgoode

So, a day to myself and in the interests of a) appearing to be helpful and b) to avoid nagging and general moaning about being a useless slob when Mrs Danny gets home I thought, in between being a useless slob and sorting out the man zone I would try and do a couple of chores as well.

So, to the washing bin I go, take the said washing downstairs and prepare for an hours hard labour. Then to my amazement I discover that in the kitchen we have this device that appears to automate the process of washing clothes.

Given how much Mrs D bangs on about all the washing she had to do and how it was a never ending (and thankless) task I thought she must lug it down to the local river and do it all by hand. Now I’ve found out all she does is put it in a machine and press a switch I’ll put up with less of her whinging.

(Note Mrs D does not read STW forum threads).

Cheers

Danny B

uselesshippy
    Free Member

Divorced by christmas….

fervouredimage
    Free Member

I thought you’d abandoned the signature?

Cheers,

FI

dannybgoode

Very much mood dependent these days – sometimes I do, sometimes I don’t1

scotroutes

Report back when you’ve finished the ironing.

dannybgoode

@scotroutes – what is this ironing thing you speak of? Some form of blacksmithery?

stevied
    Free Member

Is this Mrs DannyB?

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AjuX_ZyY0Wk[/video]

dannybgoode

May be I could appease the wife with a present.

She is always struggling with the computer so may be a new mouse, especially designed for women, would help?

fervouredimage
    Free Member

Very much mood dependent these days – sometimes I do, sometimes I don’t1

Apply that mentality to household chores and you’ll be fine…. Or divorced. One of the two.

samuri
    Free Member

You’ll probably find (I know I did), that your missus is incredibly inefficient at doing stuff. Not through any failing of her female hormones but through her lack of awesome male hormones.

Any bloke will find the quickest and most productive way of doing the job, like shopping. I can do our food shopping in less than half an hour but it takes the wife about 4 and she buys exactly the same things that I do.

So when my wife complains about how hard it is doing stuff, I hurry around her showing her in great detail about how she can improve everything she does which she REALLY appreciates.

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Be careful she doesn’t try and do your job.

I went back to work 3 weeks after doing my foot whilst still imobalised in bed. MrsWCA realised my job is largely browsing the web while half listening to conference calls and occaisionally either ‘concurring’ or ‘questioning the thought analysis’ and then requesting a copy of the minutes to confirm they correctly collated my input.

It makes washing machines look challenging.

hooli

I hear there is a similar device for dishes, who knew!

dannybgoode

You’ll be telling me there’s an automatic floor sweeper next…

fervouredimage
    Free Member

Any bloke will find the quickest and most productive way of doing the job, like shopping. I can do our food shopping in less than half an hour but it takes the wife about 4 and she buys exactly the same things that I do.

My wife writes a shopping list every week and every week I ask her why she’s writing a shopping list. We buy the same things for the same meals each and every week without fail.

yunki
    Free Member

I’m a stay-at-home dad/house husband/domestic servant

Returning to hand-digging drainage ditches by the side of a road in sideways sleet and hail often feels like it might be an attractive proposition

It’s the depressing mental drudgery, the cabin fever, the screaming kids, the futility of it all as you watch all your hard work undone even before you finish.. All topped off by the emotionally delicate and bewilderingly ungrateful spouse returning home, exhausted after their day of ‘graft’ incredulous that you’ve been too busy to paint the bathroom and lay a patio in the garden..

wives and mums are better than we’ll ever be..

rickmeister

We purchased a small child who regularly sweeps the chimney…

boblo
    Free Member

The other point to remember is, however well you do these jobs (even EXACTLY the same as SWMBO), you’ll be negatively critiqued after a full inspection has been performed… <sigh>

dannybgoode

Excellent advice RickM. I already have a small child – no need for me to purchase. Tell me more – what chores can they be set to at 14 months old?

ononeorange

I agree on the point above about awesome male efficiency in shopping. You know what you need, you know where it is – lightning raid and out in moments. Why bother looking at anything else? The only slight distraction in a supermarket admittedly is spending a few moments to run along with the trolley and then slide along behind it. Absolutely critical to any shop.

Rachel

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Things you discover when helping out around the house’ is closed to new replies.