Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Things you are strangely happy about…
  • jamj1974

Just finishing building up a bike for a friends son. It’s largely made out of new budget parts and my spares bin, but I’ve loved doing it*. It’s based on a 20 year old frame that used to be my brothers, which we have had powder coated and I think it looks cracking!

It will be used for razzing around the park and cycle trails with his dad and it’s been a real pleasure to do it, knowing he will get a lot of great fun from it.

I will probably get stick from some of the nitpickers armchair experts for my fence posts and decal choice etc… Despite this, I will post some pictures up when it’s all ready.

I’ve got more fun myself from this than building up my last bike for myself!

*My brothers actually finishing the building as I’m a bit broken – but you know what I mean.

steveoath
    Free Member

Building a bike is great. Looking forward to seeing the pics.

benji
    Free Member

It’s Thursday. Ok it’s both weekend starting now 🙂

jekkyl

Stella Artois on a thursday

tthew

I got my mega-computer at work finally working the way I want it. Which is really sad I know, but I had to do it entirely myself from a several boxes of bits and software as it’s not supplied through the usual IT channels so unsupported.

MrOvershoot

I’ve got more fun myself from this than building up my last bike for myself!

I get quite emotional building a bike for people that deserve it more than me.

Rorschach
    Free Member

I found a Tunnocks at the back of the cupboard.

matt_outandabout

I found a Tunnocks at the back of the cupboard.

The Internet has just been won for the day.

nairnster
    Free Member

I ate 6 of the things (teacakes) whilst the mrs cooked my tea.

rOcKeTdOg

Scratching athlete’s foot

Rorschach
    Free Member

Scratching athlete’s foot

Daly Thompson’s?

Bregante

Put a jacket on at work this morning that I haven’t worn for probably two years.

Found £15 in the pocket.

chambord
    Free Member

Replaced the hinges on my oven door as it wouldn’t seal and it bloody fixed it! A most unexpected win for the day.

Stella Artois on a thursday

I’ve got a Peroni, cheers!

chambord
    Free Member

Daly Thompson’s?

The way he did his moustache always made me think he was the kind of chap that looked after his feet.

ton

had a tooth pulled……..nice painfree sleep tonight.

njee20
    Free Member

Fixed our leaking toilet tonight. The damp patch on the ceiling below it hasn’t grown. The toilet hasn’t yet ended up in the living room. #win

Hicksy
    Free Member

Perfect cable routing with no rubs.

jimmy

My water butt. Refilled itself again today. I’m eco-geeked out.

fasthaggis

I am helping my son sort out a bike for his first go at touring.
    Looking forward to some test runs over the next month before he goes. 🙂

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

Rocket, if you can bear to be without the sublime feeling, you can usually cure that with lavender oil, neat, twice a day.

And lots of clean socks.

jamj1974

I get quite emotional building a bike for people that deserve it more than me.

I think that’s part of it Overshoot. He’s a good lad and his dad is a really great mate as well. It’s nice to be able to do something I know they will get a lot out of together.

I am helping my son sort out a bike for his first go at touring.
    Looking forward to some test runs over the next month before he goes.

Sounds brilliant! Would really like an update on how it goes.

DT78
    Free Member

Yep I like building bikes too.

Other stuff, fridge full of food, car full of petrol and Shetland ponies. baby Shetland ponies always make stop and grin. (I ride in the new forest so see quite a lot of them)

reggiegasket
    Free Member

my two new kittens. Daft and ace.

Notter
    Free Member

Doing my first turbo session with HR and Cadence monitoring, made me realise how hard I hadn’t been pushing myself. So more knackered than ever coming off the turbo but strangely satisfied!

Oh and after having done that I really enjoyed the hot pepperami I allowed myself 🙂

takisawa2

Seeing a dog with his head out of a moving car window.

Making a pot of tea.

DirtyLyle
    Free Member

Rangers getting relegated a few years ago. Gives me a warm glow whenever I think about it.

PeteG55
    Free Member

Growing and eating my own fruit and veg. My first year of having a garden and putting it to use.

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘Things you are strangely happy about…’ is closed to new replies.