Viewing 38 posts - 41 through 78 (of 78 total)
  • things to look forward to
  • HindlePie
    Free Member

– BasqueMTB for a week
    – A day with jedi
    – A weekend at Bike Park Wales

All in the space of a month – can’t bloody wait!

_tom_
    Free Member

Just looking forward to my day off on friday, got back from Reading Festival on monday evening and was straight back in work on Tuesday morning, not nearly enough time to recover from all the abuse we put our bodies and minds through 😆 I’ll have a massive lie in, nice chilled road ride and lunch with my Grandparents.After tthat I don’t have much to look forward until the next festival, cant believe I’d never done one before, was just the best weekend I’ve had in years getting off my tits and having fun with a few good friends.

swavis

Picking up my new (to me) minibus/van tomorrow 😀

makecoldplayhistory
    Free Member

MCPH Jr #2 is due to make an appearance on October 2nd.

My parents and brothers have just booked flights to come to Thailand for Christmas; our first Christmas together for 5 years.

I just found a bag of Dolly Mixture. I’m saving them for post Friday afternoon’s ride.

Questions like this make me think of Christopher Hitchen’s reply when someone asked, if he didn’t believe in Heaven, what did he have to look forwards to. He said “I’m off to have an excellent lunch with wonderful company. What more do I need?”

digga
    Free Member

+1 for wishing the Overshoots well.

Things to look forward to:

Hindle Pie – Member
    – BasqueMTB for a week

^This, with him and a few others.

Then a trip to NYC with Mrs Digga at a very nice hotel.

And finally cottage booked in Wales in early December to escape all the pre-Christmas consumerfest bullshit (I live Christmas day, but not the whole three month, increasingly frenetic build-up) in splendid seclusion.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Another +1 to the Overshoots!! Hope it goes well.

Normally would be a bit meh at the end of August, but we’ve got two weddings and seeing First Aid Kit in September. One wedding has the slight prospect of something a bit controversial happening, maybe even a fight so should be fun. Weeks holiday in Fuerteventura in October and then seeing The Hold Steady with a couple of mates in Bristol on the 22nd.

Works never been busier.

Roll on Autumn! 😀

toxicsoks
    Free Member

(early) Retirement. As of Sunday. 🙂
    Moving to Cumbria. As of Monday. 😀

Bregante

Way of The Roses coast to coast this weekend with 3 work colleagues,all of whom hardly know each other (and we are pretty much unknown quantities to each other when it comes to riding bikes).

We’re camping too. I have no idea whether we will all get along having probably spoke less than five or 6 times to 2 of them.

Can’t wait! 🙂

Congrats on the retirement toxicsoks!

twistedpencil

Good luck to people waiting on baby news and medical operations.

I’ve just left a job, 4pm this afternoon, that has taken away my fitness and being quite stressful, looking forward to new job starting next week, my sisters wedding this weekend, a short blast up around Rivington tomorrow morning, and seeing my lad at the BMX club in just over an hour 🙂

Freedom!

busydog
    Free Member

Best wishes to everyone having the medical procedures done.

Effective the first of September, I am only going to be working 2, maybe 3 days a week as I wind down the last 3-4 months of my career.

To celebrate, going up this weekend to ride the South Boundary trail in Taos and hit the ski area trails in Angel Fire on Monday.
    Going to be very different not sitting in the home office 10 hours a day, week after week, etc. –but I will manage to deal with it 😀

johndoh
    Free Member

Wednesday at 11am – by then I will have finished the presentation I am doing to 1200 people.

tomhoward

Tea tonight, not having anything special (or, even decided what to have), just bloody ravenous!

tazzymtb

Ssuk, particularly saturday night, asonce we’ve done all the prize giving, I can finally relax, take my organisers hat off and get royally smashed on cheap booze and go dogging on the chase. I have also got a cunning disguise so that none of the folks from this ere Forum will recognise me.

Also going on holiday in September after a massively stressful year

my divorce being finslised…god two years is a long wait

and catching up with my american B.P.R tribe at ssaz and hopegully 24hrs in old pueblo

bensales
    Free Member

Pook – Member

What have you got coming up?

Equally, a very stressed year here too. Solved by getting a new job after ten years with the current mob.

So, between now and starting there mid-October, I’ve got…

– taking my 5 yr old son to Snowdon this weekend for his first proper experience of hillwalking and camping
    – my daughter’s 1st birthday
    – delivery of my new Orange 5 (yeah, yeah, don’t give a shit, first mtb in 6 years)
    – hill walking in Fort William with a mate
    – Seven Days, Seven Stanes on the bike
    – oh, and two half marathons.

That should kept me out of trouble for a bit.

jamj1974

Drac – Moderator
    Still waiting to see if I’m going to drop £10k in a year under a job review.
    Can’t wait it’s only been 6 months of delays so far which is good in NHS time frames.

Bastards. Bloody scandalous!

MrOvershoot

Many thanks for all the good wishes, this place is great at support

Well at last she has had her scary brain operation, she was back on the ward at 7:30 but it was to late to visit her so I had a quick chat with her.
    She sounded very tired but happy enough, not surprising given it was a 4 hour procedure done while she was awake!
    I’m going in to see her at lunch time and then again in the evening with her parents. She will be in till at least Tuesday as they are going to do the final bit of the operation on Monday. Only then will we know if its had the desired effect.

The funny thing is her email is carolyn@overshoot.ourisp

Have to say Drac that is proper crap if it happens 🙁

smatkins1
    Free Member

Alps trip, Summer 2015.

Until then, twiddling thumbs and waiting.

Sandwich

Results of the biopsy carried out during the TRUS inspection were clear of cancerous tissue. Result. Only 3 months before I have to attend the clinic for another dignity by-pass.
    This means I have the all clear for the trip to the Dolomites on Monday. My first big mountain trip.

garage-dweller

Congratulations above (if that is the right term and I have understood correctly).

I am looking forward to two more days off next week with mini gd1 thanks to the joys of inset days. After two days this week of boys time / man stuff looking forward to more of the same 8)

Mr_Mojo
    Free Member

My wife is due to give birth in 12 weeks to our first. After 15 years of trying and nothing it’s somewhat of a surprise as we had given up hope of ever having children.

wordnumb
    Free Member

Three nights of music in that London, complemented by two days of farting around trying not to get mugged by vegan snack food racketeers and the like.

wrightyson
    Free Member

Cornwall Friday for ten days. Bikes coming too 😀

samuri
    Free Member

I’ve got three new guys starting work for me in the next month or so. Hopefully that will reduce the mayhem that I’m currently dealing with at work.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

MrMojo – that’s great!! Best of luck!! 😀

mcmoonter
    Free Member

Good luck to the Overshoots and bigblackshed. Ton, take it easy on your ride.

I’m counting counting sleeps on one hand before Boblo and I head off to ride the Idaho Hot Springs loop. I’ve barely been on my bike for the last month so it’s pay back time.

ourmaninthenorth

Good luck to all those with medical things going on, and to mr and mrs jekkyl (feel your pain on losing one) and to the moos on being so close to the messy bit (when everyone cries, even the chaps).

Things I’m looking forward to:

Taking Lil Miss North camping for the first time this weekend (local in case she hates it) before she then starts school a week later – eek!

Helping Mrs North decide what to do with her future at work and home and getting more balance in her life.

Engaging with our architect properly this time to design our loft conversion and extension, and getting my friends (engineer and kitchen designer) involved.

Going to see Hamlet in Manchester (involves two loves of mine: Shakespeare and Maxine Peake…) – assuming someone buys the tickets, and if they don’t I will..!

Getting the hang of this new job. It’s all bloody numbers and spreadsheets, which is hard for a near 40 yo lawyer to learn….

Continuing to clear more stuff out of the house so that we then HAVE LESS BLOODY STUFF

Mr_Mojo
    Free Member

Thankyou deadly

badnewz
    Free Member

Sounds like it’s been a rough year for a lot of the STW Massive.
    Best wishes to all, hope things start to improve with the new year (for me September is the real new year).

WildHunter2009

After a dreadful return to work after a nice holiday, reduced working hours and the real threat of redundancy by xmas I have tomorrow off to ride and learn how to make beer at a mates house.

The australian bush at this time of year is lovely and trails are gonna be nice and quiet i hope. Then we are going to attempt a james squires chancer / two birds golden ale hybrid clone jobby.

mogrim

Mr_Mojo – Member
    My wife is due to give birth in 12 weeks to our first. After 15 years of trying and nothing it’s somewhat of a surprise as we had given up hope of ever having children.

Good luck and congratulations, though I suspect that many times over the next few years you’ll look back on those 15 years of freedom with fondness 🙂

rogerthecat
    Free Member

Firstly, good luck to all those undergoing medical attention or waiting for new arrivals.

I’m looking forward to:

The next Peaks Pootle – come on Pook, finger out chap!
    Winter, inc log fires, riding in horrendous weather, frost and snow
    Work settling down again and having time to get out on the bike.
    Finishing the house extension before we are ready to downsize!

chrisb57
    Free Member

I’ve not had a hardball for 2YRS. I’ve just pulled the pin on a cannondale F-Si 🙂

rt60
    Free Member

Winter!

Having spent every holiday snowboarding from the age of 17 to 31 I haven’t been for 4 years.

Busy day job, wife loosing hers, getting own business off the ground and doing a masters degree whilst having two small kids has meant that holidays have had to be put on hold.

However we are now both working and the masters thesis was handed in today. So I treated myself to a new snowboard and have permission to go away this winter.

I am sitting looking at it now and can’t wait!

scandal42
    Free Member

I have been really struggling with motivation at work recently, not really knowing where its going etc etc,

However, today I got my head around it a bit and felt a bit more positive, this coupled with a big ride in the peaks on Sat with some horrible gits off here, going to the game (Leicester beating Arsenal) on Sunday and then a week in Wales on Monday with some riding included, has me looking forward to quite a lot.

Enjoy whatever you are looking forward to, big or small.

MrOvershoot

Well she’s finally had the procedure (Deep Brain Stimulation) and early indications are good.
    pt2 tomorrow where the battery & CPU are fitted and the programming started, yes I have asked if it comes with a remote & a mute button 😉

She has been a bit random in her reply’s but I’m sure we would all be if we had permanent electrodes inserted into our brains.

leffeboy

Googles Deep Brain Stimulation and is seriously impressed – that must have been a heck of a decision to go for it. Brilliant that early indications are good 🙂

mightymule
    Free Member

Birthday fortnight holiday in October 🙂

Counting down the days!

bearnecessities

Best wishes to the Overshoots 🙂

Viewing 38 posts - 41 through 78 (of 78 total)

The topic ‘things to look forward to’ is closed to new replies.